Just what we need: another sci-fi action flick with a chick in the lead role. Directed by Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium), Ultraviolet stars Milla Jovovich (does this mean she's dumping Paul W.S. Anderson for Wimmer?) and a bunch of nobodies. Funny thing is that Wimmer directed it with a black eye because he asked Milla to punch him. ph34r.gif That could be a good thing or a bad thing. But then again, when was the last time Milla starred in a decent film?

Ultraviolet

post-237-1140285564.jpg

Edited by areaseven

Lol...When are these people going to learn? Secret experiments to develop Super Soldiers that suddenly become loose and volatile? The featured Super Soldier being yet, of course, another girl with crazy moves and lotsa' guns. I'm surprised Uwe Boll isn't behind this...

Whatever happened to DOA the movie? Bring it on!

Lol...When are these people going to learn?  Secret experiments to develop Super Soldiers that suddenly become loose and volatile?  The featured Super Soldier being yet, of course, another girl with crazy moves and lotsa' guns.  I'm surprised Uwe Boll isn't behind this...

Whatever happened to DOA the movie?  Bring it on!

371409[/snapback]

Its like there trying to put as much action as possible into a movie in a attempt to make a live action anime. As for the DOA movie, I hope it rots somewhere in a pit where no one will ever find it cuz its a waste of film.

I think this will at least look good. I mean it's obviously lacking in the story department, but from what I've seen of the trailer the action sequences seem to be well done if not a little cheesy.

When I first head of this a couple years ago, I thought it had something to do with the Ultraviolet mini-series from the UK. That was really well done, too bad they aren't continuing that :(

Bugger this crap. Go for the real Ultraviolet!!!

It may have a shaky start at first, but by the middle of the second episode, you're hooked. I think it's the fifth episode where Idris Elba is locked in a warehouse at sunset with 6 or so "conatiners" which are about to open that had my wife and I on the edge of our seats almost screaming for him to find a way out.

It's terribly exciting.

I'm gonna see it, mainly because Milla looks good with that black hair all straight and long... :wub:

By the way and off topic, but I have to know, what's up with the Terry Schiavo avatar, NERV?

371433[/snapback]

because i have the 'no animated avatars' title, i got the idea from this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17757

"give yourself an avatar of something dead or inactive and see if anyone catches on to the joke."

back on the topic, this movie may be something ill see in theaters because the plot seems interesting, and the effects look pretty sweet, i only see movies in theater for effects, no point in seeing a comedy on a giant screen

Equilibrium made it because it wasn't about the action. It was actually about imagery and content and emotion in an imaginable and purposeful dystopian world. It made it because of Bale also.

Aeon Flux and probably Ultra Violent will go back to fancy looking "music-video" type future world with no real purpose except to look shiny - - - and heroine with no real purpose except to look shiny as well.

Judging by the commercials, this movie looks so incredibly tired and dated and not-cool that it's unbearable to sit thru the commercials. "Oh look, ANOTHER gov't super soldier program... oh look, ANOTHER escaped test subject... oh look, ANOTHER nefarious gov't cover up.... the list is endless"

Yeah, only cause its the guy who did Equilibrium will I see it. I really liked the dramatic plotline and I remember in the commentary that Wimmer wanted the poster to be Bale holding the Prozium pill and not the WOW MATRIX COOL! one that they ended up with. Trailers always put the whiz!bang! action stuff and leave out the plots, so I'm hopin it'll be story-driven action and not just lookie-at-cool-cgi! *crosses fingers*