Wonderfest Feb/2006!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I've seen better photos of the Stealth and Low-Vis 2 (AKA camo Valk) and they look much nicer. The Camo Valk looks great in fighter mode IMO.

Yes, the Camo Valk paint scheme was inspired by Vietnam War era jets.

Graham

371830[/snapback]

only thing that was inspired from the vietnam era is the drugs the designers were on :lol:

now this is more of a low viz camo jet

post-1351-1140451769_thumb.jpg

OK here are some of my pics. Graham if you want there and more in high res I can email them to you for MW.

VF0.jpg

VF01.jpg

vf02.jpg

vf03.jpg

vf04.jpg

Ok now before or now that I've already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

He did say the reissue of the Low Vis will be the same VF-1A just like the first issue but will have a slightly diffrent color.

cam1.jpg

dark1.jpg

dark2.jpg

dark3.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

Why would Yamato show these color variants just for the heck of it, if they weren't similar to what they were planning for production? I don't go to these events, so maybe this is normal practice?

371949[/snapback]

Exactly! If these aren't going to be released then why even show em?

Let's hope the real Low Viz really is a different shade of grey. B))

I personally would be disappointed if that "stealth" isn't the final version -I quite like the "colour palette" (if that term applies) and it looks almost "Low Viz Scheme - Space colours" if you see what I mean. I could have gone a black VF-1J Strike for the collection. Not hugely enamoured of the VF-1A "Mudmover" scheme to be honest so if it had been the finished release I would probably have skipped it.

Karl

(So many developments whilst I was trapped at my desk. Wish I had access to MW at work)

soooo? did big G say these were coming out or just for fun? I thought he had regained contact with Yamato? I'm confused!!! If these aren't the releases that were shown then what are they"reference"

saverobotech said the rep said no,just for show? damit I need my coffee, I'm confused!! :unsure::unsure:

Tell you what when i heard of the "new " low viz and stealth varients, i envisioned exactly that a variation of a grey Valk and a flat black valk.

and since the pictures came out i have heard yes the pictured valks are the new ones and no they are not.

so now at this point i and most every one else keeping an eye on this thread need either pictures or a person from yamato spilling their guts.and if you combined all of the money spent on their merchandise by every member of this board. it would amount to a hefty sum and should entitle us to better news.

Edited by buddhafabio

God I'm sick of VF1A! :angry: Looks like someone dumped a can of paint on a CF and just said AH Camo.

Stealth is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Even the old Macross 7 valks look better than that. Yamato dropped the ball on this one.

The zero look..eh...ok. I'm not sold on the size though. they are asking way too much for it. I refuse to pay that much for a 1/60!

Hell if yamato is going to give us stuff that isn't cannon, why not design some new style heads. Something other than the A/S/J. That will get me to buy one of these and keep it. I might still buy them just to sell them later.

Somebody from macrossworld really needs to be added to the design board so yamato can have some fresh ideas.

Edited by jwinges

The VF-0S looks g-o-o-d. The antennas are the only things I don’t like. They look a little too fat and catch to much attention from the overall design.

Have to hold on until VF-0D….

lemme just say :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: to all the guys thinking they were going to rerelease the "real" lowvis that was limited,,,,,watch the prices skyrocket now

the Stealth is awesome, dont pass on that one cause for damn sure the price will go up for it

The zero look..eh...ok.  I'm not sold on the size though.  they are asking way too much for it.  I refuse to pay that much for a 1/60!

372003[/snapback]

No ofense, but we have said many, many, many times that the 1/60 VF-0 is actually bigger in size than a 1/48 VF-1

Yes, a VF-0 at 1/48 scale, would be almost double the size of a VF-1...

Yes, in "real life" a VF-0 would be huge compared to a VF-1...

Yes, the pilot in the 1/60 VF-0 would be very small, because it continues to be 1/60 scale, while the airplane itself is actually larger than the VF-1 1/48

Do you get it? If you buy a 1/60 VF-0, you are getting a bigger airplane than a 1/48 VF-1. Also, remember this 1/60 has advancement over the 1/48. Rotating pilot seat, Landing gear that open outwards like real airplanes. Head lasers can aim outwards in fighter mode. The first full-bodied 1/60 pilot. Leg armors. Etc, etc, etc

372003[/snapback]

No ofense, but we have said many, many, many times that the 1/60 VF-0 is actually bigger in size than a 1/48 VF-1

Yes, the pilot in the 1/60 VF-0 would be very small, because it continues to be 1/60 scale, while the airplane itself is actually larger than the VF-1 1/48

Do you get it? If you buy a 1/60 VF-0, you are getting a bigger airplane than a 1/48 VF-1. Also, remember this 1/60 has advancement over the 1/48. Rotating pilot seat, Landing gear that open outwards like real airplanes. Head lasers can aim outwards in fighter mode. The first full-bodied 1/60 pilot. Leg armors. Etc, etc, etc

372023[/snapback]

Actually I do get. I understood that months ago. But I still refuse to pay that much for a craptacular 1/60. Yamato needs to pick a scale and just go with it. So what if a 1/48 zero would be twice as big. Bring it on. Hell its not like there's a lot of us playing with `1/48's anyway as if they were toys. Most here just use them as shelf display or as a monitary investment. Second take a look at other large toys like the mellenium Falcon or Royal starship from the Star Wars Univ. Now that's big. I'm fine with having a valk that big. If it were that big I'd pay $200+ for it. But anything 1/60 shouldn't be over $100. Period. Maybe the monster and that would be it.

I could care less about the landing gear or pilot or rotating pilot seat. Head lasers like that are cool but not worth the price tag. What your fogetting is that this is the predicessor to the VF-1A/J/S so it shouldn't be a more advanced model. The rotating pilot seat or pilot armor shouldn't even be there.

No offense but, Maybe take a step back and think before coming off all high and mighty. I know you mean no offense but take a look at which member's your replying to and think...is this a regular who's probably informed or just some newbie. It will keep you from sounding like an A-hole accousting somebody..

372003[/snapback]

372023[/snapback]

Actually I do get. I understood that months ago. But I still refuse to pay that much for a craptacular 1/60. Yamato needs to pick a scale and just go with it. So what if a 1/48 zero would be twice as big. Bring it on. Hell its not like there's a lot of us playing with `1/48's anyway as if they were toys. Most here just use them as shelf display or as a monitary investment. Second take a look at other large toys like the mellenium Falcon or Royal starship from the Star Wars Univ. Now that's big. I'm fine with having a valk that big. If it were that big I'd pay $200+ for it. But anything 1/60 shouldn't be over $100. Period. Maybe the monster and that would be it.

I could care less about the landing gear or pilot or rotating pilot seat. Head lasers like that are cool but not worth the price tag. What your fogetting is that this is the predicessor to the VF-1A/J/S so it shouldn't be a more advanced model. The rotating pilot seat or pilot armor shouldn't even be there.

No offense but, Maybe take a step back and think before coming off all high and mighty. I know you mean no offense but take a look at which member's your replying to and think...is this a regular who's probably informed or just some newbie. It will keep you from sounding like an A-hole accousting somebody..

372033[/snapback]

Your wrong there man, I play with them, they ARE toys after all, and I'm sure quite a good number of us play with the 1/48s as well. It always annoyed me when someone would say the 1/48s were so fragile, when I have messed with it so many times, and its held up through my abuse. I would be bored just keeping these bad boys on the shelf. MODELS serve that purpose quite fine, I want me some damn TOYS though. Seems to me you'd be more content with some hasegawas, cheaper than yamato, ALL 1/72 scale, and with more variants, and of course merely for display.

And the VF-0S has all those gizmos like a rotating seat in the anime, and yamato always goes for anime accuracy in some form or another.

And being that this sucker probably weighs more than the 1/48 and is just about the same size, well I understand the price. I think it makes the 1/60 VF-1s craptacular, but this is one big beast. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have a 1/48 VF-0, but for what its worth this 1/60 will do just fine.

I'm still cool with those schemes but i wish they would use a different pilot to fit the color scheme of the 1a and 1j :)

372034[/snapback]

Looks like they just repainted a TV Hikkie 1J for the stealth, and used the pilot as-is. Pretty sure they would use a different pilot for the production model.

woah...which side of the bed you got up from, jwinges. <_<

But anything 1/60 shouldn't be over $100. Period. Maybe the monster and that would be it.

Your scale:price ratio is flawed and silly. You won't pay more than $100 for a 1/60 SDF-1? You're kidding right? :rolleyes:

And i think most people here would agree that the VF-0 is actually pretty good and a thumbs up to Yamato, compared to the 1/100 toy in the pipeline (and scrapped)

Seriously, why are you b*tchin about "better features" of a newer toy which so happen is modeled after something that predates the VF-1? <_<

Anyway petty flaming aside, THAT BIRD LOOKS SCHWEEEEEEEEET!!! Is the fighter mode actually detailed-up more than the battroid and gerwalk modes? It looks like its slightly panelled and stuff.

*gushes like a high school girl*

Ugh, the camo Valk looks cheesy. Plus, it's a VF-1A. Yaaawnn.

Now the stealth VF-1 doesn't look too bad. I also like that it's coming with fast packs and isn't a VF-1A. Yay! I just hope the pilot ends up being painted in some grey or black scheme, Hikaru's bright colors just don't mesh with the mecha's color scheme.

Your scale:price ratio is flawed and silly. You won't pay more than $100 for a 1/60 SDF-1? You're kidding right? :rolleyes:

Actually most here would agree that a 1/60 SDF1 isn't a reality nor will it ever be. So your point is well pointless.

Seriously, why are you b*tchin about "better features" of a newer toy which so happen is modeled after something that predates the VF-1? <_<

I'm a realist. Simply said they are cool features but don't necessarily belong on a Zero. Specifically the rotating cockpit. I'd rather the toy fit in with the evolution of the VF.

Anyway petty flaming aside, THAT BIRD LOOKS SCHWEEEEEEEEET!!! Is the fighter mode actually detailed-up more than the battroid and gerwalk modes? It looks like its slightly panelled and stuff.

I agree it looks sweet but for that price I've got a feeling that its going to be a disappointment. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Its just lately Yamato seems to be milking the 1/48 and now they switch back to the lousy to playwith and display 1/60. I'd have rather they stayed with their original plan of making cheap valks from macross zero even if they had removable parts. As long as they stayed together properly and looked good I'd be happy with the 1/60 valks around $50. If I remember that was Yamato's original plan. If they want to do it big $$ then do it big 1/48

As far as not being my normal cheerful self...your probably right. I'm crabby as all hell. Guess thats what happens when you have to put your dog to sleep.

Well for the Low Vis 2 it's not a bad attempt at the classic SEA camo scheme. It needs some work though. The brown definitely looks way to pale for a proper SEA camo scheme and while a wraparound scheme did exist more people are familiar with the scheme that featured the underside of the plane painted in light grey. Honestly if I grab this one I think I'll grab a bottle of Camouflage Grey and paint the undersides myself.

I'm a realist.  Simply said they are cool features but don't necessarily belong on a Zero.  Specifically the rotating cockpit.  I'd rather the toy fit in with the evolution of the VF.

Its just lately Yamato seems to be milking the 1/48 and now they switch back to the lousy to playwith and display 1/60. 

As far as not being my normal cheerful self...your probably right.  I'm crabby as all hell.  Guess thats what happens when you have to put your dog to sleep.

372048[/snapback]

Dude, sorry about your dog, but let's not re-seed any old misconceptions about the 1/60 VF-0S. It transforms like a 1/48, despite its scale, so it will likely play and display as well as a 1/48.

Both the VF-0 and VF-1 had rotating cockpits inthe anime. How else would the pilot be able to drive the battroid effectively? The point everyone is making is that you are getting a 1/48-sized and constructed toy with MORE gimmicks to better simulate the anime mecha. That's why it costs a little more than the 1/48.

Your scale:price ratio is flawed and silly. You won't pay more than $100 for a 1/60 SDF-1? You're kidding right?  :rolleyes:

Actually most here would agree that a 1/60 SDF1 isn't a reality nor will it ever be.  So your point is well pointless.

I'm a realist.  Simply said they are cool features but don't necessarily belong on a Zero.  Specifically the rotating cockpit.  I'd rather the toy fit in with the evolution of the VF.

I agree it looks sweet but for that price I've got a feeling that its going to be a disappointment.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Its just lately Yamato seems to be milking the 1/48 and now they switch back to the lousy to playwith and display 1/60.  I'd have rather they stayed with their original plan of making cheap valks from macross zero even if they had removable parts.  As long as they stayed together properly and looked good I'd be happy with the 1/60 valks around $50.  If I remember that was Yamato's original plan.  If they want to do it big $$ then do it big 1/48

As far as not being my normal cheerful self...your probably right.  I'm crabby as all hell.  Guess thats what happens when you have to put your dog to sleep.

372048[/snapback]

You do realize that the 1/60 VF-0 is PERFECT VARIABLE like the 1/48 VF-1 right?

And no, yamato's original plan was a 1/100 VF-0 with swappable parts galore.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Ok now before or now that I've already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

371916[/snapback]

Eh? That conflicts with my info which is from a pretty reliable source, which says they are the Low Vis 2 & Stealth color schemes.

Graham