Max Vf-1j: Joke Machine Custom

DatterBoy

Just finished this up today. Need a few more decals and possibly a fast pack, but I quite like it without the fast pack set. This one has leg armor only at this time. I think all JM"s should have leg armor all the time. Improves the overall balance of the design.

jm%201j%20max%20bat%20a.jpg

jm%201j%20max%20bat%20b.jpg

jm%201j%20max%20ger%20a.jpg

jm%201j%20max%20ger%20b.jpg

jm%201j%20max%20jet%20a.jpg

jm%201j%20max%20jet%20b.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

I'm staying in the Joke Machines for the pure fact that they can be customized. I have originals, but truth be told, they are definitely lacking in detail. Their design is awesome, but overall presentation could use lots of work.

I'll have a complete collection of detailed JM's someday...

3 down, 8 more to go.

Krylon FUSION - Patriotic Blue

FUSION - Gloss White

Tamiya

370552[/snapback]

beautiful!

I have to support your cause now. PM me if you need more JM recasts. That's all I have to offer and I'm only going to sell them for cost. But this offer is only good for you Dat, cuz I know you'll be making something great out of them. Otherwise I wouldn't let them go.

That's very generous of you, EXO. Cost is 50$ but they're going for 30$ to 40$ now ;) and are still not as good as originals which have better overall fit piece to piece and durability.

But don't take that as a lack of appreciation... I'm touched by the offer... hahahah (laughing at my dorkness)

:Dat

FUSION - Gloss White

Tamiya

370552[/snapback]

beautiful!

I have to support your cause now. PM me if you need more JM recasts. That's all I have to offer and I'm only going to sell them for cost. But this offer is only good for you Dat, cuz I know you'll be making something great out of them. Otherwise I wouldn't let them go.

370582[/snapback]

They are the same for sure. You know it's fusion, it has a blueish face on the can, like a pastel blue. I'll post a pic later.

FUSION - Gloss White

Tamiya

370552[/snapback]

Is there a difference between Krylon FUSION and FUSION. I thought they were all the same. Can I see pics of both cans?

370612[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...
JM%20Max%201J%20FP.jpg

373636[/snapback]

We need to get my detailed parts recasted. They were made by Mervin

mervhik-7.jpg

they are really cool. and I think would add a lot tp your customs. but need to recast my only set first.

Also why not use the clear canopy from Rohby custom? I think they look great on a real joke.

like my strike

sol-vf1s-strike-jm-12.jpg

Definitely want a set of the Mervin FP set. I believe he still has some for sale. If we ever get the Mervin set casted I am in for a set.

As for the white booster tips, it is based on the box art for the old Bandai 15th anniversary kit for the 1J max TV. I liked the look and wanted to make it look like the FP belonged to max on a level a bit more than the YAMATO blue sets.

I wanted to use a clear casted canopy, but I don;t have an extra. SOMEONE was gonna have to get a yellow, so I figured it was his, might as well keep it. If Rohby ever pops back maybe I can get a few off of him.

Up next: RIck TV 1J, Roy, and Miriya...

:Dat