Impediments To Macross Model Building

Less than Super Ostrich

My obstables:

1. Work... I am stuck here at least 8 hours day when I can be developing my skills, modeling and working on my customs. Work is so over rated!

2. GF - nuff said

3. Space - I finally found a room to model in but it has now became the Valkyrie Hanger and Armoury which houses the goods for my side biz. I have another small closet like room that would have been great for housing a spray booth but the need to stay clean has necessitated the occupation of the washing machine!

4. Spray booth - I am still trying to see where I can tap a blower or fan into that room and perhaps build a cheap flat folding collapsable booth so it won\'t hinder my laundry needs. Also, no room for a second vent so might need to tap into the existing exhaust!

5. Time... after work, after spending time with the GF, after processing the orders, after pulling parts and sourcing for others, what remains is for eating and sleeping. That 8 hour chunk of work time sure is wasteful!

Not to mention the lack of time to test fit, puttying, sanding, and cleaning up just for the basic prep. This is all before masking, painting, decal work... sure is a lot of work!

6. Lack of skills - Why Hasegawa models can not be simplified more like Bandai\'s MG line yet still retain the realism and details? That would help partially solve 5 with the basic buildup.

So, due to the first 4 points, points 5 and 6 crops up and leads to boxes of models and customs waiting to be built.

Glad I have that Valkyrie Hanger space at least.

I cannot imagine how must worst it can be if I was married and had kids, which I hope to be one day. Sigh...

Edited by Neova

well 2 more impediments on the way. My 1/9th abrams and my classic 1/16 scale flakpanzer Gepard. ill be out driving these while my macross models lie waiting to be finished.

370222[/snapback]

At least you have something cool to show for your impedements :D Lazyness (my impediment) produces nothing.

Edited by Mule