Please Change My Member Title Back To Normal

Okay I've been away form the forums for a long while, and I didn't know that there was some new policy against animated avys... certainly there were a few of them when I was last here... now that I know I'll find another suitable non-moving avatar to use... thanks for informing me but can my usertitle be changed back now?

Okay I've been away form the forums for a long while, and I didn't know that there was some new policy against animated avys... certainly there were a few of them when I was last here... now that I know I'll find another suitable non-moving avatar to use... thanks for informing me but can my usertitle be changed back now?

367987[/snapback]

what did you use?

Be thankfull its not worse. Mods on a fitness board I go to change people's titles to things like "butt plug" and "tard" and "fag-tard"... They do that if someone makes a stupid post.

Sorry but until we have other reason to give you a knick name that member title stands.

You have to see where I'm coming from.

I placed few post on the boards informing people of the news.

Few paid attention.

I deleted some hoping people would get a clue.

Some did. Other just placed them back up and never question why there was a lack of animated avatars all of the sudden.

Tried a 3 day ban on those that keep replacing them, I knew something else would have to work. Contracting offender would take too long.

Then it hit me. Erase the avatar and change the member title. They would figure it out that way. Plus how perfect! Free ad space of the rules. By posting in various topics your letting more know about this.

This is a valuable tool to go get the message around.

Did you PM them?  Those pop up right when they are sent to me, so they're hard to miss.

I never even heard of this new rule (although my activity here has dropped).  It's sad, I always liked Kin's ones.

368906[/snapback]

Yeah, they were all over 300k and Roy is on dialup. Come on man, Kin had like 2 min of a Mospedia episode in a few of em.

Kin had like 2 min of a Mospedia episode in a few of em

Two of the sickest damn minutes of anime from an 80s show! All that episode was missing was Rey yelling "Say hello to my little friend!" to drive home how damn spectacular it was. Hoo-rah!

Crap, I'm not a marine, am I allowed to Hoo-rah?

Edit -

Roy is on dialup

Holy crap, maybe somebody should hit that guy up on his pager and let him know the next millenium has hit.

Edited by jenius

Very effective Roy. :D I laughed my ass off when I found my avatar missing and my new title. I think it's great!

The member title thing the mods put on people are a hoot! One of the great things about MW forums! :)

Sorry but until we have other reason to give you a knick name that member title stands.

You have to see where I'm coming from.

I placed few post on the boards informing people of the news.

Few paid attention.

I deleted some hoping people would get a clue.

Some did.  Other just placed them back up and never question why there was a lack of animated avatars all of the sudden.

Tried a 3 day ban on those that keep replacing them, I knew something else would have to work.  Contracting offender would take too long.

Then it hit me.  Erase the avatar and change the member title.  They would figure it out that way.  Plus how perfect!  Free ad space of the rules.    By posting in various topics your letting more know about this.

This is a valuable tool to go get the message around.

368639[/snapback]

Roy... I've been away from the forums for months so it's not exactly fair to peanlize me for something when I wasn't here when the decision was made and had no chance to see the news posts.

When Member Titles were first being handed out.

I explained the following they will be granted upon members for something they did, known for or said. Like a a knick name. Don't ask for a specific title for yourself or others. The deflaut ones were added later by other mod. Even so the Mods have still been giving out special member titles.

The assigning of a member title that quotes a board reg or an offense against one is fair when it something that people are ingoring. Since the offended have been walking propaganda of the regs there has been a drop in Animated Avatars. It is not meant to cause laugher at the offender as was suggested in a PM sent to me.

As said early in the post member titles were granted upon members for something they did, known for or said. Like a a knick name. The topic poster has been posting here and PM me on their dislike for this practice of "No avatar" titles. Based on what said said they have inspired me to give them a new specialized title. They might get all sore about it but most people are good sports.