Yamato Vf-0s 1/60 In-store Display Akihabara

Save

There are ALWAYS leftovers dude.

BTW with regards to the VF-0, I gotta love the new gunpod. Looks sweet.

With time on my hands and the generosity of a modelling friend I am learning how to scratchbuild. And making my own set of articulated hands for the VF-0. Mwahahahahahahahaaaa.

I'm looking forward to the VF-0 more than any other toy that has been announced or rumored for 2006. That is saying something considering my excitement for the Sideshow Lord of the Rings and Star Wars 12" lines. Too bad my usual source hasn't put up a preorder yet.

Edited by Matt Random

Must go to Japan now and come back with it !!! :p

He probably snuck in those pics since most stores in Akihabara do not allow you to take pics. I know when I visited those stores there were signs all over the place, NO PICTURES.

But damn is that the right price? 17,000 yen? :o

367314[/snapback]

ya man... i am surprised no one is complaining abt the price tag ;)

My wallet is crying cause i cant afford one yet. Dammit i have 4 1/48s, one fast pack, no armor, and i want both the armor and this. WHaaahaaaahahahahaaa. Being an E-2 in the AF doesnt pay enough. dammit i need a second job.

Yes. Most of the more expensive toys and models are encased and/or behind the counter. I rarely saw and SaveRobotech and samurai_m and verify this, any high end toys like Macross in the store windows when I walked around on the streets of Akihabara, Ueno and Nakano. Other places I am not sure about.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

He probably snuck in those pics since most stores in Akihabara do not allow you to take pics. I know when I visited those stores there were signs all over the place, NO PICTURES.

But damn is that the right price? 17,000 yen? :o

367314[/snapback]

ya man... i am surprised no one is complaining abt the price tag ;)

367367[/snapback]

I think they are all blinded by the beauty of the Zero to notice until the bill hits them square between the eyes. :lol:

There must be something in the choice of materials that drove the price up. I mean size wise its not as tall as the 1/48...either that or its damn close. It does look bigger in some parts, and perhaps not only is the finish different but perhaps the grade of plastic? Perhaps it has a tougher more durable plastic that costed more to incorporate. Who knows? least I hope this is the case.

More gimmicks, more parts, and they want to recoupe costs for the mold (which will have less repaint variations than the VF-1). Plus, they know we are hungry for new Macross goodies and have money to spend. I don't see how the ABS plastic would be any better than the VF-1, which is already pretty good.

$142.79, converted...What's there to complain about? Hold on. What did the 48's retail for? I never knew their original prices as I always bought from stateside dealers who had to mark up the price after the fact...

There must be something in the choice of materials that drove the price up.  I mean size wise its not as tall as the 1/48...either that or its damn close.  It does look bigger in some parts, and perhaps not only is the finish different but perhaps the grade of plastic?  Perhaps it has a tougher more durable plastic that costed more to incorporate. Who knows? least I hope this is the case.

367438[/snapback]

No the high price is only because Kaiyodo is like KB Toys, they over charge because they know Otakus will just shell out the ¥ for it. I found a store a few weeks ago on the other side of Akihabara station that nobody goes to and they are selling the 1/48 armor for 8500¥, and 1/48 Valks for 10500¥ all new, most shops charge 12500¥ for the armor and up to 17000¥ for a 1/48.

I'm going to go back to Kaiyodo and sneek :ph34r: more pics today. Should have more pics up in the next 4 hours.

There must be something in the choice of materials that drove the price up.  I mean size wise its not as tall as the 1/48...either that or its damn close.  It does look bigger in some parts, and perhaps not only is the finish different but perhaps the grade of plastic?  Perhaps it has a tougher more durable plastic that costed more to incorporate. Who knows? least I hope this is the case.

367438[/snapback]

No the high price is only because Kaiyodo is like KB Toys, they over charge because they know Otakus will just shell out the ¥ for it. I found a store a few weeks ago on the other side of Akihabara station that nobody goes to and they are selling the 1/48 armor for 8500¥, and 1/48 Valks for 10500¥ all new, most shops charge 12500¥ for the armor and up to 17000¥ for a 1/48.

I'm going to go back to Kaiyodo and sneek :ph34r: more pics today. Should have more pics up in the next 4 hours.

367457[/snapback]

KIIIIIITA! B))

We'll be waiting. THX SaveRobotech!

85oo for the GPS? Or the FP? If the GPS...holy crap!  Good discount!

367474[/snapback]

Yep GPS for the 1/48. Here is a translated review of the shop I found online.

According to Showa the second floor of the building which has ドトールコーヒー which went north, about 5 minutes it walked. Being to have left from according to in the Akihabara central town barrel center, is, but default discount it is large, (20-35%OFF. 15%OFF) doing even with the new product, the ã¡ã‚‡ approaching good fortune.

Business hour 11:00-21:00 (as for earth day celebration 20:Up to 00) with nothing during year 休.

# The above-mentioned business hour inscription with shop front. In the past 10:30-20:Description of 00 opening of shop, being in addition to become so even with web, it does, but whether either one is correct lack of confirmation.

Looks that way to me, also. This isn't the final product though, is it? I was under the impression this was a good looking mock-up, indicative of what the final model might look like...

That plastic screams chunky monkey plastic to me, which I LIKE!!!! Bandai had some nice durable, brick like plastic on their valks, and if yamato used that plastic on this beautiful monster then I will be pleased. The 1/48s plastic was durable, but I felt the bandai 1/55s had tougher plastic, they are BRICKS after all, but damn good ones!=).

Please be durable bricklike plastic with gloss finish!

If anything if it is the same plastic as the bandais, then this sucker will be substantially heavier than the 1/48.

Can't wait to see transformed pics, and I say screw a VF-0A as a next release, I want a darn VF-0D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

Looks that way to me, also.  This isn't the final product though, is it?  I was under the impression this was a good looking mock-up, indicative of what the final model might look like...

367541[/snapback]

It's a Test-Shot from the moulds, which means it's pretty much how the final product is going to be.

Graham