How Do You Want The New Low Vis To Look?

Chet

I'm sure this is a moot point,seeing as this is supposedly being released in April. But I wish the new Low Vis would sport a more "even" paint job. Don't know if that makes sense, but I've noticed that the original one seemed to have dark splotches randomly placed all over. Didn't look like a camouflage scheme or weathering effect to me.

Believe it or not, I'd also prefer it if there were no Skull Squadron symbols. I think that would make it look less conspicuous and give it a more contemporary military look.

Finally, I'd actually want a darker colored gunpod, maybe like the one that comes with all of the other models. That white one just looks hokey.

Hope they it is still a VF-1A, too. :)

The original Low viz had a paint job that was based heavily on the USAF Compas Ghost or Mod Eagle schemes that you see F-15s in (the F-22 has a similar scheme that uses slightly different colors, this has also been applied to select F-117s).

I would love to see the new version in the Hill or the more complex Egypt One scheme worn by F-16s

f16c_hill.jpg

f16a_egypt1_3.jpg

The other way to go is the classic Tactical paint scheme worn up until very recently by US Navy Tomcats (and everything else in the USN too):

f14atac1.jpg

f14atac2.jpg

ANd just for variation's sake I've always had a soft spot for the Harrier version of the TPS scheme:

av8b_lv.jpg

You can go here for more schemes.

For the sake of coloration in battroid, I like the first F-14A scheme. Make the inside of the ventral leg fins darker gray as well. It pays homage to the hi-vis and transition schemes of the 70s/80s, but it's not your same old boring skull-1 stripe parttern.

1J head all the way! No airbursh smudge marks, please.

post-3171-1139005305_thumb.jpg

The colour scheme on the Harrier II's is pretty nice. I'd love to see a VF-1 in the flat grey worn by the serving last Sea Harriers, but I'm not sure it'd look particularly attractive on a toy so I guess that'd be out.

The USN TPS was the scheme that immediately leapt into my head when I read this thread title - it'd be appropriate considering the Valkyrie's ancestry.

I'd want the new Low Vis to be a 1J - still a semi "line" unit but meaning it doesn't put folks nose out of joint by releasing a variant on the limited -1A and I figure FAST packs probably shouldn't be included. After all, most "Low Vis" schemes are probably less Low Vis in space than they are in an atmosphere. (Maybe that's what the Stealth VF-1 is for....)

Karl

The original Low viz had a paint job that was based heavily on the USAF Compas Ghost or Mod Eagle schemes that you see F-15s in (the F-22 has a similar scheme that uses slightly different colors, this has also been applied to select F-117s).

366401[/snapback]

Regarding the F-117, you must be talking about these tests from a few years ago:

http://home.earthlink.net/~stealth_aircraft_photos/id9.html

http://www.holloman.af.mil/sunburst/2003/d...117%20GRAY'

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/200482423.asp

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/events/jan_...4_events12.html

Of course the first F-117 prototypes did fly around with a single shade of light gray and I believe it was the first F-117 that had a camo job. From what I can tell, the recent effort to turn the Nighthawk gray didn't go through.

Why merge it?  I think this thread offers people the ability to provide examples of LV camos they'd like to see whereas the other thread is bouncing throughout many many subjects.

366428[/snapback]

Yes and this subject is but one of the many subjects bouncing about. Since the preexising thread is all about the rumored LV variation anyways, which is exactly what that thread is about, it makes sense to combine them instead of creating a new thread for every single thought involving the highly speculated LV variations.

Make it a 1S enigma, with white visor and strike armor in a box set. The grey/white thing is awesome. White gunpid of course.

The hexagon pattern would kick ass too.

Or make it the white 1S from the Thunder Hammer pics.

They were all sorts of customs seen in macross 7 robot carnival episode. Maybe make it into one of those. :p joking

It's role is to hide amoungst the sound force mechs to blend in with the bright colours so they are harder to see. Red Qrau, Yellow Qrau, Purple Qrau, Red VF1, blue VF22S. All the colors of the rainbow of the sound force with thier music playing. The enemy will be so confused they won't be able to see the polka dot custom hiding behind all the color.

attachment4vn.jpg

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Definitely hope it comes with a 1S Head. But I think Yamato will change the grey they used and probably no more panel lines and weathering, so to make the LE LV more unique and ppl won't grumble about the new release.

366476[/snapback]

An all-gray VF with no panel lines would kinda blow :( .. kind of like the first model kits I put together as a kid with no paint or decals.

Yes and this subject is but one of the many subjects bouncing about. Since the preexising thread is all about the rumored LV variation anyways, which is exactly what that thread is about, it makes sense to combine them instead of creating a new thread for every single thought involving the highly speculated LV variations.

It would seem that this thread then serves to provide a more concise conversation. You are working to keep a sloppy thread as sloppy as possible rather than letting it bear several more concise topics. Obviously, people feel that the original thread's scope of conversation is too broad... and it is. I guess this is something for the mods to determine though. I personally would rather not have to read through a dozen posts in the other thread to find the one post that might refer to a cool new LV theme.

Speaking of which, i still want to see my tangerine Mars LV pattern. Replace the light blue on the original valk with a light orange and the gray with a dusty tan. NICE.

It would seem that this thread then serves to provide a more concise conversation.  You are working to keep a sloppy thread as sloppy as possible rather than letting it bear several more concise topics.  Obviously, people feel that the original thread's scope of conversation is too broad... and it is.  I guess this is something for the mods to determine though.  I personally would rather not have to read through a dozen posts in the other thread to find the one post that might refer to a cool new LV theme.

Speaking of which, i still want to see my tangerine Mars LV pattern.  Replace the light blue on the original valk with a light orange and the gray with a dusty tan.  NICE.

366545[/snapback]

I agree. The discussion in this thread is different and substantial enough that it really ought to be separate. Besides, in this thread, it is quite clear that we are all just expressing preferences. The other one will likely hinge upon every bit of news that trickles in.

Sorry if I sounded preachy... also sorry that I don't have photoshop or any artistic talent at all when it comes to manipulating software. At one point I felt really eager to see what a Martian LV would look like and I put this together though -

(note, I didn't change the gray to the more tan color I'd like to see anywhere except the bottom of the gun arm 'cause it woulda looked horrible in MSPaint)

post-2677-1139031501_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Just to help everyone visualize this I did some quickie color schemes in photoshop of the schemes I was talking about earlier. Personally I'm starting to lean towards the first TPS scheme but that Hill scheme looks pretty good too.

post-752-1139044522_thumb.jpg

post-752-1139044545_thumb.jpg

post-752-1139044562_thumb.jpg

post-752-1139044578_thumb.jpg

post-752-1139044636_thumb.jpg

So, the final paint scheme has to be similair if not exactly what has been posted here, right? After all, how many "low visibility" paint schemes can there be?

haha.. I definintely want it to come with a 1/48 wonder woman pilot.

Also, with all these stealth/low viz mk 2 valks, I would LOVE something with a camo or pixellated scheme (as above) as it's the one thing I am crap at painting. And don't have the patience for either. Dunno how easy something like that is to mass produce and still have good QC.