[news] Low-viz Flies Again

Shaggydog

Wow. This forum has grown fast!

Many people have said their low vis is "less special now."

I don't agree. I am working on aquiring one from a macross world member right now (backed away from another one). As soon as there is speculation on the release of a similar item or a re-issue, the originals get abanonded or less loved.

The low vis is still the holy grail for most 1/48 collectors. The fact is, the original release is so small, and they are so hard to get, that they will always be valueable and sought after.

Or maybe, I'm just saying that cause I have not closed the deal on the low vis, and I am still high on the very thought I am even getting one. But I do not think the nostalgic ora will ever ware off. I love my valks. I mean LOVE. It's dangerous. They are my babies. And...

And...

And it's getting late, and I am not really going anywhere with this.

-Bryan D.

'Low Viz owners such as myself shouldn't feel so slighted. The next generation of '48s, whether 'Low Viz or Stealth Vf-1's, are another version of the theme and are different than what we already have...Relax, guys!

'Low Viz owners such as myself shouldn't feel so slighted.  The next generation of '48s, whether 'Low Viz or Stealth Vf-1's, are another version of the theme and are different than what we already have...Relax, guys!

367236[/snapback]

Are you saying, you are certain the Low-Vis is going to be different that the one we own? I sure hope so..

.........You don't think they'd release the same thing again, do you? 

Ok, if Yamato did that, then I would be angry...

367241[/snapback]

Well, I don't know what to think. I do like the finish of the Low Vis, like the painted landing gear bays. If it is the exact same thing I'll probably just get one. If it is (hopefully) a new different one, then I'll get two or more, if I can that is.

Fingers crossed.. :unsure:

As a former Low Viz owner, I'll be the first one to speak up and say, meh.

I had the Low Viz, and after awhile, it was just a gray plane.  The coolest thing about it IMHO was the Zero style pilot.

367303[/snapback]

Exactly! I think the low vis is kind of a boring paintscheme.

I'm much more curious about the stealth variant.

Stealth means nearly invissible to radar right? :huh:

Radar uses radio waves right? :huh:

It would be possible to use radar in space right? :huh:

Therefore, unlike a FAST packed low vis, a stealth Valk with FAST packs is a possibillity!

Kind of like a special forces VF-1. That would be a b@d@ss toy

I WANT ONE!!! (Yamato, please make it a Vf-1S :rolleyes: )

I've been away for 5 weeks and this is great news to come back to. Like was said earlier, the 'April' release made me think is was a joke but if Rob's got an ambiguous listing from yamato I'll believe that!! (haha, unless Rob is in on the joke too ;) )

So.. anything else I missed??? (must go shake off jet lag now)

The low vis boring???  I guess you guys think F/A-18Es are boring, too.

Feh.

The low vis is the coolest scheme out there next to the Max "J".

367520[/snapback]

It's the VF-1 that's boring. Once you've seen one transforming F-14 you've seen them all...

IIf Yamato starts doing these paintscheme's that weren't really in the series or DYRL it makes me wonder if they will ever get to producing anything but VF-1's in the 1/48 scale. They know the hardcore collecter's will buy any VF-1 variant they put on the market so why invest in making a different model?

366316[/snapback]

I am hoping for an Angelbirds 1A. Would be SWEET!

366367[/snapback]

It'll never happen... just make your own.

Edited by DatterBoy

A 1/48 blue angeles valk will be amazing.

Then again, so would a 1A Max (TV). That is the one I am waiting for.

And waiting and waiting.

I dont think it will happen either.

At least the VF-0 is coming out. That puppy is sweet! Anyone seen SAVEROBOTECH's photos?

Drool.

I mean, SNAP!

My sooper-sekrit source sez the new low-viz will definitely be a different version than the previously-released limited version.  Then again, nothing is for sure 'til you hold it in your hot lil' hands.  :D

368284[/snapback]

It better not melt in my hands or Yamato's gonna get my foot up their arse.

:p:p:p

Or, the paint better not rub off in your hands, like the current 'Low Viz does...

That is the price you pay for touching the holy shrine. You have deflowered the sacred vessel, now it will forever bear your sin!

368316[/snapback]

:lol:

...And so it says in the Book of Jenius.

Or, the paint better not rub off in your hands, like the current 'Low Viz does...

That is the price you pay for touching the holy shrine. You have deflowered the sacred vessel, now it will forever bear your sin!

368316[/snapback]

:lol:

...And so it says in the Book of Jenius.

368360[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: good one, I have one in the box, the others getting customized with a set of FP's and some minor detailing and decals