[news] Low-viz Flies Again

Shaggydog

Not sure whether it such a good idea releasing soo much stuff together soo closely. February we had the reissue hikaru 1s and also the Roy and FPs are supposingly going to be issued again. Then April we are now getting the VF-0S and the Low Vis and then in May the Stealth and GBP Ver 2. That seems a lot in such a short period of time. My wallet going to scream at me. Hopefully market will be saturated with yammies that the prices will go down to what it was like before.

366289[/snapback]

This is a very good point. I've been trying to gradually build up my collection, but I don't think I'll be able to keep up with this apparent deluge of releases. Now HLJ's even got the VF-1A Hikaru for pre-order.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a price reduction.

Heh. You guys are crazy. I'm thrilled theres another oppurtunity. And to be frankly honest, I DOUBT yamato, though having made some profit off the 1.48, has even made enough to cover the costs of tooling and maintaining the molds. Those things are incredibly expensive. Besides, maybe demand for the low viz in japan has been high, and perhaps the fans in japan constantly voiced their concerns to yamato or the yamato BBS. Who the hell knows? Chances are it won't be the exact same as the one that came out before.

And there are a bunch of us that inadvertently missed out on the low viz in the beginning, how is a new release really such a bad thing? I bet it will be a VF-1J and look different than the existing low viz. And to all of you saying they are just milking it, why the hell not? If you spent countless thousands developing a huge ass mold for some toy that is still in demand, and theres money to be made, and demand for it, what would you do, stop production and let the molds deteriorate and gather dust? I sure wouldn't.

To some who missed out, this is another oppurtunity to buy. To those who have a low viz already, its money saved for something else, no money spent. Its a win win situation for all of us in some respect.

In all honesty I could care less how much the old low viz is worth, I missed out on it, and I for one am GLAD I can get one in the near future. Why? Because the damned thing looks cool. Its a good color scheme. I like militaristic looking liveries. And I will admit, while its nice to have toys to gather value, I am not that type of collector. I like playing with my toys.

I find it funny already speculation that this will be an LE. The 1/48 CF wasn't an LE. Wait and see with this one.

And to those who are bitching that their current MIB low viz will decrease in valuable, to be brutally honest, this new release does not surprise me at all. Yamato knew a lot of demand came for the 1st low viz right after it was announced that it would only be offered to retailers who preordered them at some show a couple years back. Then everyone went nuts trying to get some after they sold out. ya see this here? MONEY TO BE MADE. So how can you not see this coming? Look how many times Roy came out. Even Hikaru, which surprised the hell out of me. The low viz is perhaps the most demanded 1/48 I have ever heard about in my years forum browsing on macrossworld. IMHO.

But yea. theres a new one, in new colors, and for those who missed out, a GREAT opportunity. Hell yea!

I hope the skulls and crossbones are black on this to stand out more, and hopefully a black or grey chest stripe too. ANd I do hope it is a VF-1J.

How has the QC and the parts been on the latest releases? It seems that molds tend to wear out over time which leads to sloppy fit and floppiness. The 1/60 Max and Milia I had were really floppy. My VT-1 is also floppier than the earlier 1/60 stuff.

This was certainly unexpected. New Low-Viz and Stealth colors? Very strange. Like most, I have to say I'm extremely curious what these color schemes will look like.

I have to say that this is certainly coming at a lousy time. I'm much more interested in the new Macross Zero products like the 1/60 VF-0 and variants, especially the VF-0D. I'm also still awaiting my 1/48 GBP set, which will give me two super sets and one full armor set (one armored set for each valkyrie I own). I've already got my fill of 1/48 Yammies and I'm looking forward to obtaining some more varied products. Perhaps what I'll do is sell one of my three existing 1/48's and purchase a low-viz or stealth variant. That way I maintain my desired number of three 1/48s Yammies and enjoy a little bit of variety in the collection.

Regardless, this is surprising news.

IIf Yamato starts doing these paintscheme's that weren't really in the series or DYRL it makes me wonder if they will ever get to producing anything but VF-1's in the 1/48 scale. They know the hardcore collecter's will buy any VF-1 variant they put on the market so why invest in making a different model?

366316[/snapback]

I am hoping for an Angelbirds 1A. Would be SWEET!

Well could it be, Yamato is trying to sell as many Valkyries as possible, so they can justify the beginning of the two-seater valks?

The more money they make from this license the better our chances we could see the two-seaters come to life.

VE-1 anyone?

Black148II.jpg

Stealth anyone?

I thought folks would appreciate the reminder of what the contest VF looked like.

Personally, I want me some Low Viz!!!  : )

366472[/snapback]

I'm I the only one who thinks a black-colored 4th generation fighter airframe with gigantic missile pods is not at all "stealthy"?

I think people just want it because it looks cool and fits in with the theme of black stealth mech. Ie vf17 and Gamlin's black VF22S in macross 7. I'm not much a fan of the ace pilots like milia with red, and the red vf17. Just seems like a psychological thing: "here I am see if you can kill me!"

I like the way the destroids are mixture of earthy color and bright. The zentradi, possibly fighting in space more than on earth (roy mentions they seem more mean in space combat) should just adopt an all-black scheme instead of green, purple, and red and white.. (The zentradi with a gundam "titans elite" paint scheme. :p)

The more cartoony and anime the color, the less practical. But they look cooler and more distinct if they are important main character in the show. Following fights and understanding what is happening is much easier. I don't see why Roy should have a white VF1S (from the movie) as opposed to a grey VF1S. This is why I think they should release a dark grey VF1S. Grey plus black looks good. Roy's tv flight suit to me is dinstinctive as well because it suits the black and white skull and bones. Black, white, grey are good combination imo.

But so far I have much prefered the dark paint schemes like black VF17S and VF22S over the primary color ones. (ie red Qrau, Red VF1, Red VF17S, Blue VF22S, Red VF22s etc)

Grey will always look cool though, as seen with the VF11. I was always sad seeing the greyish CF in macross 7 die so easily. Traditionally the CF always get color suggesting it is dull and mass produced so it doesn't deserve attention, while the hero is the guy with all the nice bright flashy sportscar colors who can afford to show off. But for a toy that you want for realism there is a clash between wanting an anime style figure (the bright colors for the show offs) or a military themed valk with a specific look and role. (generic pilot)

For enemy mecha I like green Qrau over purple. For people who perform elite tasks (like the titans in Zeta gundam) they get black (gamlin) or dark blue (guld in yf21 and the emerald force in macross 7. Blue being a cool, calm, relaxed color to reflect the style of attack as opposed to hot color). And for flashy pilots they get the bright stuff due to wanting to show off. (max with blue and milia with red, basara with red, angel birds with primary color, Char Aznable with bright red on his zaku etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Black148II.jpg

Stealth anyone?

I thought folks would appreciate the reminder of what the contest VF looked like.

Personally, I want me some Low Viz!!!  : )

366472[/snapback]

Replace those skulls on the fins with a playboy bunny and you've got one hell of a Vandy-1 Valk!

It may lower the price on the used market but Yamato is still a monopoly. Unless they overproduce expect prices for new 48s to remain hihg high high.

Edited by Skull-1

Is that confirmed as the Stealth Valk? I thought those were pics from the credit card exclusive black valk from a while back that we all saw pictures of but never saw any actual release pics of because it was so limited....

I personally am SO psyched. I would love another non-white 1/48 in my collection.

I just checked my yamato order sheets.  Those release dates are a big maybe!  Just thought everyone should know.

Rob

366562[/snapback]

What do you mean by this dastardly ambiguous post?! :ph34r: Are those release dates unlikely? Are they possible? Please elaborate! :blink:

That is the credit card exclusive Valk. The Stealth Valk WILL be a different color scheme.

Graham

366556[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain most of us were aware of the credit card valk, I for one thought the "stealth" valk would've been the same, just a shade lighter.

Btw, that's a pretty declarative statement you made there. Is the stealth valkyrie an old project that's finally come to fruitition, or has Yamato welcomed you back into the inner circle? :)

I'm I the only one who thinks a black-colored 4th generation fighter airframe with gigantic missile pods is not at all "stealthy"?

366478[/snapback]

The missile pods are a bad idea, but RADAR ABSORBING MATERIAL can greatly reduce the radar signature.

Funny how I drew up this scheme back in 1995...and have had it on my website ever since... Just like the low-vis... Great minds think alike I guess.

Well It says on my order sheet...PENDING INFORMATION...which means .......well anything.  The dates aren:t set.  I can order them no problem...however I don't know exactly when they will be released.

Rob

366565[/snapback]

Thanks for this. Hope you keep us updated.

To tell the truth, I am 1/48ed out. I want something else.

Well coming from someone who owns 94 (!!) valks I can totally see where you are coming from. :blink: But "think of the children" who do have a specific type in mind and are at the mercy of those evil ebay sellers who will boost the price of an already expensive toy knowing some types are in high demand due to being harder to find. I think in the long run it can only mean good things for fans whether you are new and starting out, or as a person waiting for more different releases. (I personally want them to start some mac plus valks - the yf 19 has got to be a popular mech)

Seriously though: one of these days you have got to take each and every one of those valks out, transform them into battoid mode for us all to see them, and pose them in a strategic formation as if they were about to march off to fight an army of zentradi, then take a picture of the battle. :D I would like to see a rows of battroid all ready for combat, similar to what you see in the tv series when the destroid are all lined up shoulder to shoulder in preparation for the deadalus manuever before they are about to fire everything. :D

I just got an idea: I think all LE should be packaged in battroid mode for dramatic effect. I think having the box sitting up tall like the Qrau might make people think it was that much more special. I don't know why but I have always been more a fan of seeing mecha in thier robot form than thier vehicle form. Probably because I like to put them in dramatic poses and stuff. The other advantage of packaging it that way is the head turret will stand out more so it doesn't look so samey.

366284[/snapback]

Hey I'm not complaining about the new releases specifically. I'm over collecting the current released cannon valks. Just the low vis that I'm not happy about as I paid through the nose for them. Usually when you stamp something with the words LE that's it.

"Children of the future" eh? What are you listening to Whitney Houston? :p It's great that Yamato have released the Roy's again. And the VF-J Hikaru (well sorta, I was kinda hoping for the Super version <_< ). I would want the toy to get out as much as possible. I'm a collector not an investor, otherwise I'd have made the move to sell out long ago. I had plenty of opportunites, LV drought, FAST Packs shortage, Max VF-1A...the list goes on.

It just kinda makes my Low Vis feel less special now. I'm sure people like Godzilla would agree. But the point is moot as it should be a different version of the LV anyway.

Ah good so it technically means the original is still a genuine LE (not like CF release) to not piss off the collectors and ebay sellers with thier outrageous asking prices.

I wish they would do this to the VB6 monster. Do up a weathered version with different paintscheme. Still haven't seen many custom of this..

366186[/snapback]

Even if Yamato is intent on making it different from the original, that is still pushing it a bit. <_< Release it all you want, but not if you stamp it with limited edition. <_<

If Yamato is intent on milking this mod then I'd wish they'd move on to other paint schemes. I mean more like cannon ones. But the stealth one is quite cool.

366283[/snapback]

1/48'd out? BLASPHEMY! J/K. I am always wanting more. After getting the Macross PLus This is Animiation book, I saw a lot of cool VF-1 schemes. I like the Camo one from the UNS Air Force. I would like to see that on the 1/48s.

What I really want is the two seaters. Come on Yamato... <Larry The Cable Guy>GIT R DUN!</Larry The Cable Guy> If they released those, I know I will get 4 each at a minimum.

366326[/snapback]

Same here. But you gotta admit, you really wnat something new too. :D VF-4, VF-9, VF-11, VF-14 and VF-17 etc....

Well, I know you are upset for paying a huge amount for the low vis. Me? I may be paid top dollar for 2 of my LVs. Then again I got 2 of them for $90 ack on ebay. I am sure I evened out. Still you have to remember this LV is a different scheme. So you do not have to worry about losing the original scheme.

And yes, I would like to see a VF-4 and better yet a YF-19 FP. VF-11 doesnt appeal to me.

Well coming from someone who owns 94 (!!) valks I can totally see where you are coming from. :blink: But "think of the children" who do have a specific type in mind and are at the mercy of those evil ebay sellers who will boost the price of an already expensive toy knowing some types are in high demand due to being harder to find. I think in the long run it can only mean good things for fans whether you are new and starting out, or as a person waiting for more different releases. (I personally want them to start some mac plus valks - the yf 19 has got to be a popular mech)

Seriously though: one of these days you have got to take each and every one of those valks out, transform them into battoid mode for us all to see them, and pose them in a strategic formation as if they were about to march off to fight an army of zentradi, then take a picture of the battle. :D I would like to see a rows of battroid all ready for combat, similar to what you see in the tv series when the destroid are all lined up shoulder to shoulder in preparation for the deadalus manuever before they are about to fire everything. :D

I just got an idea: I think all LE should be packaged in battroid mode for dramatic effect. I think having the box sitting up tall like the Qrau might make people think it was that much more special. I don't know why but I have always been more a fan of seeing mecha in thier robot form than thier vehicle form. Probably because I like to put them in dramatic poses and stuff. The other advantage of packaging it that way is the head turret will stand out more so it doesn't look so samey.

366284[/snapback]

Hey I'm not complaining about the new releases specifically. I'm over collecting the current released cannon valks. Just the low vis that I'm not happy about as I paid through the nose for them. Usually when you stamp something with the words LE that's it.

"Children of the future" eh? What are you listening to Whitney Houston? :p It's great that Yamato have released the Roy's again. And the VF-J Hikaru (well sorta, I was kinda hoping for the Super version <_< ). I would want the toy to get out as much as possible. I'm a collector not an investor, otherwise I'd have made the move to sell out long ago. I had plenty of opportunites, LV drought, FAST Packs shortage, Max VF-1A...the list goes on.

It just kinda makes my Low Vis feel less special now. I'm sure people like Godzilla would agree. But the point is moot as it should be a different version of the LV anyway.

Ah good so it technically means the original is still a genuine LE (not like CF release) to not piss off the collectors and ebay sellers with thier outrageous asking prices.

I wish they would do this to the VB6 monster. Do up a weathered version with different paintscheme. Still haven't seen many custom of this..

366186[/snapback]

Even if Yamato is intent on making it different from the original, that is still pushing it a bit. <_< Release it all you want, but not if you stamp it with limited edition. <_<

If Yamato is intent on milking this mod then I'd wish they'd move on to other paint schemes. I mean more like cannon ones. But the stealth one is quite cool.

366283[/snapback]

1/48'd out? BLASPHEMY! J/K. I am always wanting more. After getting the Macross PLus This is Animiation book, I saw a lot of cool VF-1 schemes. I like the Camo one from the UNS Air Force. I would like to see that on the 1/48s.

What I really want is the two seaters. Come on Yamato... <Larry The Cable Guy>GIT R DUN!</Larry The Cable Guy> If they released those, I know I will get 4 each at a minimum.

366326[/snapback]

Same here. But you gotta admit, you really wnat something new too. :D VF-4, VF-9, VF-11, VF-14 and VF-17 etc....

366591[/snapback]

Yamato could stay in business just from you two guys.

Well, I know you are upset for paying a huge amount for the low vis. Me? I may be paid top dollar for 2 of my LVs. Then again I got 2 of them for $90 ack on ebay.  I am sure I evened out.  Still you have to remember this LV is a different scheme.  So you do not have to worry about losing the original scheme. 

And yes, I would like to see a VF-4 and better yet a YF-19 FP. VF-11 doesnt appeal to me. 

366284[/snapback]

366186[/snapback]

366283[/snapback]

366326[/snapback]

366591[/snapback]

366887[/snapback]