[news] Low-viz Flies Again

Shaggydog

thansk Noel, that design was supposed to be in a t-shirt for Sg members...but sadly..never falll through due to lack of communication

side note....i didnt' know pix and signature wasn't allowed....can someone show me the link to the rules regarding this? cos i can't find it

366117[/snapback]

Easy. Read MW FAQs #14.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=142

Much like Blaine if it ain't in the show I ain't interested...unless it's so cool I have to sit up and notice. We'll see.

More stuff?! I was under the impression that Yamato was winding down their macross cursade. i thought after we saw the GBP and the Mac0, that would be about it. I'm *thrilled* to find myself mistaken (financial misgivings about it aside) If they come out with special colors, I'd seriously be in the market. Are the recast 1S heads still floating around? :huh:

And custom or not, I'm realliy liking that GBP repaint..

side note....i didnt' know pix and signature wasn't allowed....can someone show me the link to the rules regarding this? cos i can't find it

366117[/snapback]

Um didn't you like notice that absolutely nobody else here has a pic in their sig?

That's what we call a clue! :p

Graham

The GBP is sold out already? Wow, they didn't expect it to sell very well.... I guess I'll just wait for a reissue...

All this other stuff sounds great but I'm gonna hold off until I see it. Neova,Seiichi, or Samurai M is going to get an order for a 1/48GBP, 1/60VF-0, 1/48 LV#2 and 1/48 Stealth all at the same time.... and my wallet cries.

So much for "the Hikaru -1S will me my last 1/48" for a grand total of 4. looks like it'll be 6.

I wanted to buy the '48s that were "different," such as the 'Low Vis, M & M and CF. Once you've seen one white VF-1 you've seen 'em all...

what were the ones you guys decided to skip on?

366202[/snapback]

Am I the only one who just does *not like* the look of the 1-A? I skipped out on those - I think it looks like it has a mechanical equivalent of a voodoo shrunken head.

Anyone remember the end of the movie "Beetlejuice"? That's what I think of when I see a 1-A

Though, if I like the colors of the new stuff, I could be made a convert...

The GBP is sold out already? Wow, they didn't expect it to sell very well.... I guess I'll just wait for a reissue...

Yeap. I bought them all :lol:

I really did B))

Does anyone have a buck?

I really hope the Low-Vis is a 1J or 1S. If not, I'll probably end up geting one anyway. I just hope a 1/60 0D or 0A will be released in the near future. Now a 1D, Super Ostirch or Elint would be gold.

SNAP!

New Valks.

Now, if Yamato made 1/48 valks the customers really want...

1D...

1A Max (TV version)...

Elintseeker....

Ostrich...

YF-19 1/48 w/fastpacks.... (hey! one can dream)

1/48 Regult... (will NEVER happen!)

I am with the others...I love, and hate Yamato.

Wow. Looks like my hopes of a new low vis is coming true! I would prefer it to be a 1S version since the Hikaru 1J is a greyish color. I would hope Yamato respects the limited release for the low vis 1A to keep fans happy.

366032[/snapback]

yeah coz some would be really pissed paying like alot of money then knowing its just gonna be rereleased again :) I'm glad i waited :D

Ah good so it technically means the original is still a genuine LE (not like CF release) to not piss off the collectors and ebay sellers with thier outrageous asking prices.

I wish they would do this to the VB6 monster. Do up a weathered version with different paintscheme. Still haven't seen many custom of this..

366186[/snapback]

Even if Yamato is intent on making it different from the original, that is still pushing it a bit. <_< Release it all you want, but not if you stamp it with limited edition. <_<

If Yamato is intent on milking this mod then I'd wish they'd move on to other paint schemes. I mean more like cannon ones. But the stealth one is quite cool.

To tell the truth, I am 1/48ed out. I want something else.

The only info is that it won't be the same color from the existing one. I wonder if it will be a limited edition or a mass produced low vis? I will just assume if it doesn't say LE on the box it is going to be reissued like all other valks. For those who talked about not caring about colectibility this would be a good test.. :D If anyone would care if the lv was a common release and if they'd still buy it knowing this.

(ie that is there are some who do collect for thier own personal reason ad the satisfaction of knowing they have every variant of every valk that was released, while some collect hoping the value will rise over years and exploit the desperate rich kid with money to burn who missed the boat at the time it was still available at normal price. There might be an incentive for these types to just rush out and buy multiples for that express purpose. Either way yamato wins :D)

Well coming from someone who owns 94 (!!) valks I can totally see where you are coming from. :blink: But "think of the children" who do have a specific type in mind and are at the mercy of those evil ebay sellers who will boost the price of an already expensive toy knowing some types are in high demand due to being harder to find. I think in the long run it can only mean good things for fans whether you are new and starting out, or as a person waiting for more different releases. (I personally want them to start some mac plus valks - the yf 19 has got to be a popular mech)

Seriously though: one of these days you have got to take each and every one of those valks out, transform them into battoid mode for us all to see them, and pose them in a strategic formation as if they were about to march off to fight an army of zentradi, then take a picture of the battle. :D I would like to see a rows of battroid all ready for combat, similar to what you see in the tv series when the destroid are all lined up shoulder to shoulder in preparation for the deadalus manuever before they are about to fire everything. :D

I just got an idea: I think all LE should be packaged in battroid mode for dramatic effect. I think having the box sitting up tall like the Qrau might make people think it was that much more special. I don't know why but I have always been more a fan of seeing mecha in thier robot form than thier vehicle form. Probably because I like to put them in dramatic poses and stuff. The other advantage of packaging it that way is the head turret will stand out more so it doesn't look so samey.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Looks like Yamato trying to milk out as much as they can with the 1/48s mold. Not sure whether it such a good idea releasing soo much stuff together soo closely. February we had the reissue hikaru 1s and also the Roy and FPs are supposingly going to be issued again. Then April we are now getting the VF-0S and the Low Vis and then in May the Stealth and GBP Ver 2. That seems a lot in such a short period of time. My wallet going to scream at me. Hopefully market will be saturated with yammies that the prices will go down to what it was like before.

The more white plastic in a Yammie the less likely I am to buy it. I don't want a yellowed hunk of overpriced plastic ten years down the road.

That being said my collection of 1/48s:

1 - Hikaru S (DYRL Edition 1)

1 - Roy S (DYRL)

1 - Max A (DYRL)

1 - Low Viz

2 - Max J (TV)

2 - Milia J (TV)

1 - CF A

I hate DYRLs but got them cheap.

But "think of the children" who do have a specific type in mind and are at the mercy of those evil ebay sellers who will boost the price of an already expensive toy knowing some types are in high demand due to being harder to find. I think in the long run it can only mean good things for fans whether you are new and starting out, or as a person waiting for more different releases.

366284[/snapback]

Now THIS is an very important point IMHO.

I've just bought my first VF, and I want to get some others too in the future. I can tell you it sucks to live in fear that they're sold out again, and I'm not willing to pay anymore than the ordinary price. I couldn't care less for something like waiting the prices go high and then sell them for dirty prices. That's just not the way I think. From my point of view they're already insanely over-priced pieces of plastic, plus shipping those huge full-of-air boxes to the other side of the world and then paying 22% tax here... But that's still "okay", I just want them to be at least available whenever I want to get one more. And that'll surely take time for me to just get the few Valks I want.

And *?%&" again you LowViz for spoiling that Yamato ;)

I had it all planned out, after getting the CF and Hikaru 1j i'd only go for a Roy 1s and call it quit's. And now Yamato plans to do a Stealth?

Damn!

If Yamato starts doing these paintscheme's that weren't really in the series or DYRL it makes me wonder if they will ever get to producing anything but VF-1's in the 1/48 scale. They know the hardcore collecter's will buy any VF-1 variant they put on the market so why invest in making a different model?

My sources tell me that the new Low-Vis will NOT be the same color as the old Low-Vis. No further info available at this time.

Graham

366180[/snapback]

YES!!!!!!!!!! Frankly, I am hoping for a low Vis VF-1S. Funny they didnt say it is LE. Just when I was going to slow down the collection, Yamato wants to turn it up a notch. :angry: Oh well. I cant find my wallet now. It ran away when I said "Another low vis and a new stealth variant... cool, how many do I want this time...". :lol::lol:

I don't see any variation on the low-vis beyond a slight change in the gray of the plastic and maybe the head. It's not like they are gonna do an enigma scheme, and if they did, I'd worry about QC on the paint job. The original low-vis scheme is very forgiving in terms of paint QC.

I agree it's good to make something like this available for those who missed out the first round, but it's borderline reaming those who bought the first low-vis for the LE tag. It's clear Yamato is trying to capitalize on the recent price inflation of once-discontinued models (Hikkie 1S, Low-vis), instead of improving QC and finishing off the canon shemes. This strategy will certainly maximize their profit margin in the short term...

Ah good so it technically means the original is still a genuine LE (not like CF release) to not piss off the collectors and ebay sellers with thier outrageous asking prices.

I wish they would do this to the VB6 monster. Do up a weathered version with different paintscheme. Still haven't seen many custom of this..

366186[/snapback]

Even if Yamato is intent on making it different from the original, that is still pushing it a bit. <_< Release it all you want, but not if you stamp it with limited edition. <_<

If Yamato is intent on milking this mod then I'd wish they'd move on to other paint schemes. I mean more like cannon ones. But the stealth one is quite cool.

366283[/snapback]

1/48'd out? BLASPHEMY! J/K. I am always wanting more. After getting the Macross PLus This is Animiation book, I saw a lot of cool VF-1 schemes. I like the Camo one from the UNS Air Force. I would like to see that on the 1/48s.

What I really want is the two seaters. Come on Yamato... <Larry The Cable Guy>GIT R DUN!</Larry The Cable Guy> If they released those, I know I will get 4 each at a minimum.

I agree, but I also think Yamato is going to seriously piss people off if the QC issues are not addressed, regardless if they release limited LV variations or not. These unaddressed QC issues IMO show a complete lack of attention to improve their products.

Different colors aside, I don't know how this is going to appeal to the mainstream market and/or if Yamato even cares about that currently. The way I see it they are using a four pronged marketing approach. First flood the market with the Roys for potential noobs, then do subsequent rereleases for the most popular versions. Second, repaint with a slightly different scheme the VF1A or VF1S (or both) and target those to the diehards. Third, reissue the FPs and GBPs regularly. Fourth, release the VF-0 and start building demand for the mold and shortly thereafter issue variations. When will the madness end! :lol: