Sorry, but I don't buy that theory of the Feral Kid being Max.

The more plausible theory is that Immortan Joe and Toecutter are one and the same character. And since Hugh Keays-Byrne has signed on for three more films - two of which are prequels, this may be true.

The more plausible theory is that Immortan Joe and Toecutter are one and the same character. And since Hugh Keays-Byrne has signed on for three more films - two of which are prequels, this may be true.

Wait, what? The interviews I've been reading with Miller talk of two movies: one which the script is finished for (Mad Max: The Wasteland), and one which is currently in novella form. Haven't read anything about prequels or direct sequels involving Fury Road characters.

Edit: minor correction, their are (or will be) prequel comic books

Edited by Duke Togo

How can they be the same character, when this individual got flattened in the original Mad Max?

How can they be the same character, when this individual got flattened in the original Mad Max?

This is just a theory. Sure, Toecutter (or the dummy double, to be precise) lost an arm and got run over by the 18-wheeler, but suppose he somehow survived all that. If you look at Immortan Joe's body, it's badly battered and he needs a mask and breathing apparatus. A lot of that abuse could be attributed to a horrifying vehicular accident. Maybe he doesn't have stitch scars on his shoulders to indicate that his severed arm was reattached, but it's close.

Another loose hint is the War Boys' motto: "I Live, I Die, I Live Again." It could mean a lot of religious figures, but given how much of a god complex Immortan Joe has, this motto may link him to Toecutter.

This is just a theory. Sure, Toecutter (or the dummy double, to be precise) lost an arm and got run over by the 18-wheeler, but suppose he somehow survived all that. If you look at Immortan Joe's body, it's badly battered and he needs a mask and breathing apparatus. A lot of that abuse could be attributed to a horrifying vehicular accident. Maybe he doesn't have stitch scars on his shoulders to indicate that his severed arm was reattached, but it's close.

Another loose hint is the War Boys' motto: "I Live, I Die, I Live Again." It could mean a lot of religious figures, but given how much of a god complex Immortan Joe has, this motto may link him to Toecutter.

Interesting theory...

Toecutter is not Joe - just the same actor.

I doubt Max is this film is the little kid either - but it's interesting.

The flashbacks make no frakking sense - unless they are from Beyond Thunderdome.... but yeah none of his stuff makes much sense continuity wise - maybe he will address that.

Edited by Gakken85

Toecutter is not Joe - just the same actor.

I doubt Max is this film is the little kid either - but it's interesting.

The flashbacks make no frakking sense - unless they are from Beyond Thunderdome.... but yeah none of his stuff makes much sense continuity wise - maybe he will address that.

No actor plays the same character twice. It's just how Miller roles. And Max CLEARLY says at the beginning of Fury Road that he was a cop and he was there when the world fell. And he's still wearing the knee brace. Max is Max, no one else.

I wonder why they felt compelled to film in Namibia instead of Australia? Taxes, scenery? While it looked cool Fury Road had no roots of Australia. In The Road Warrior you had the feral kid with a boomerang and there was a scene with a dead kangaroo as roadkill.

Record rains where they wanted to film made the environment too "green" to pass as the Wasteland.

Just got out from seeing it and I loved it! Fuc*k the MRA crowd. They're a buncha babbys anyway. Loved Max and Hardy was the perfect fit. Not sure where it fits chronology-wise because of the Pursuit Special but who cares. This was a giant heist movie and I loved it for it!

It was really an amazing movie, one of this year's best on my 2015 list enjoyment-wise with Whiplash and Nightcrawler. I just want to see it again but in 3D on the widest screen I can find here in Paris this time

The Imax here in the city was currently hogged up by Tomorrowland (AoU before that) so I caught it on 3D XD. This movie wasn't shot in Imax right? In any case I'd pay again to see it in Imax just for the giant screen.

Although I really enjoyed this chapter of the Mad Max franchise....I left thinking it was just The Road Warrior: Special Edition....

...which is what most fans wanted at minimum :D

For me, this was the best Mad Max.

Edited by xrentonx

K got out an hour ago had a chance to sink in. I will say I'm gonna deny Feral Kid being Max. Denied. No Evidence stating he even remotely could be.

However I did enjoy the flick it was exactly what I needed after today and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Mad Max

The Road Warrior

Fury Road

Beyond Thunderdome

I'll agree with that ranking with the exception of 'Thunderdome. To me, it's the "Dark of the Moon" of the series and it's best to pretend it doesn't exist...

Aside from the theme song, how can anyone enjoy Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome? It's completely against George Miller's vision of a post-apocalyptic future. Mel Gibson obviously looked bored throughout the film. Those damn kids ruined anyone's interest in the film. And considering that the Mad Max series is known for its high body count, hardly anyone other than Blaster got killed in Thunderdome. That bald dude with a doll's head on his back was merely a live-action Wile E. Coyote, surviving every crash with just soot on his face.

Oh yeah, considering how Warner Bros. gave Thunderdome a PG-13 rating to cater to a wider audience, it made less money worldwide than the first two films.

Thunderdome to the Mad Max series is like 2 Fast 2 Furious is to The Fast and the Furious series: It's non-canon fodder that shouldn't have been produced in the first place.