The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

Looks good. Been following news on this ever since I first set eyes on it.

Will the figure be poseable?

365430[/snapback]

Hehe. Not been following too closely, I see. :p

See above: Figure Oh reports a poseable figure will be included. I dunno if it will be as poseable as a Microman, but if we get one like the Chirico figure I'll be happy. One has to consider that that figure was sold separately at Y3000 though, so I'm not expecting miracles.

Was this the series that Harmony gold stole from to make "Robotech: the movie"? :D (I have not seen the this before)

365430[/snapback]

Aww crap, I think that means lost revenue for Yamato yet again and plus a slammin shipping fee for us. Doesn't ADV or HG distribute M23?

This is my most anticipated toy so I'm going to buy it tho' I'm not very happy with the shape of the front wheel. Does anybody knows what happened with the Maxfactory Garland? That one looked very promising too.

365507[/snapback]

Their Godannar (an absolute beauty of a figure) is out later this month and they're currently working on their own line of 1/35 scale Votoms figures (see HLJ). After that I imagine we'll find out what's next in the Gokin line, should be the Garland but they did also make mention of a TV version GaoGaiGar Gokin for summer 06.

Bear in mind that MF's stuff is very expensive, Godannar costs more then Yamatos Garland and it doesn't even have any gimmicks besides some clever jointing.

I hate to think what a transforming Max Fcatory Gokin is going to cost.

So at approximately 3.85 meters tall at 1:1 scale (12.6 feet), I figure standing about 10 inches tall at 1/15 scale.

Does this sound about right? Maybe I missed height information already mentioned somewhere...

365509[/snapback]

Bang on.

Edited by Fort Max

I always wanted a Garland toy ever since I had bad VHS copies in the 80's.

The first one had no subs and I just watched it for the action and the bedroom scene. j/k. I like the second one better since It was dubbed but the names of the main characters were changed to american names like Johnny Winters. I was told that this was a tool to teach kids english.

I think that there should be a recording in it of EVE asking for Garland Operator 7G at a push of a button. :D

Yamato USA has a Garland section up

ITEM #: MAP339675

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Product Type: Transformable Action Figure

Product Size: 1/15th Scale (Approximately 9.5")

Accessories: Shogo Figure

PACKAGING INFORMATION

Package Type: Window Box

Case Pack: 4

Assortment: Solid

MSRP: $129.99 / Piece

SHIPPING: May 2006

Product Description

Get ready to get into the zone…Megazone 23! Yamato, world-renowned for its highly detailed, fully transformable Macross & Armored Trooper Votoms action figures, seals its reputation as masters of toy engineering with its all new Megazone 23 - 1/15 Garland Full Action Model. Loosley inspired by the Macross anime series (and even serving as source material for the unreleased Robotech the Movie), Megazone 23 tells the story of motorcycle enthusiast Shogo Yahagi who mistakenly comes into possession of a top secret government prototype bike/mecha -- the Garland, as well as the mysteries it holds. Now, Yamato brings the Garland roaring to life as only Yamato can do with its 1/15 Garland Full Action Model. Drawing upon original mecha designs by Shinji Aramaki (Wolf's Rain, Bubblegum Crisis), Yamato's 1/15 Garland stretches over 10" long in bike form and 9.5" high in mecha form with over 10 points of articulation and scaled Shogo Yahagi figure. Even more, as a testament to Yamato's engineering genius, the Shogo figure can remain seated in the figure as it fully transformed! Yamato USA is proud to offer this exciting new collectible for distribution in North America, and even more excited to do so below the Japanese MSRP!

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/

atleast it wasn't in a ZOE style, it still kind of bugs me they designed the cockpit to look like the mecha has a giant wang.

The Wilde Sau is indeed a nice looking mecha, its a shame it didn't get as much air time in part 2 as it should of.

Twin Moons has the Garland for pre-order at a lil over 108 dollars..that's a big chunk off the original price. I couldn't pass it up and preordered.

Forgive me for asking this but... how does a garland make turns? those legs are getting in the way.

370689[/snapback]

Like this, I think: post-1318-1140078246_thumb.jpg

As for the Wild Sau -- I don't remember that huge-ass thing being in MZ23 II. Huh. Might have to watch it again.... Although that means having to get through those gruesome gore scenes at the start. Man that was tough to watch even for a cartoon.

In any case I wouldn't call that thing a "variation" as far as toys are concerned because it will be a totally new mold rather than a few altereations here and there, which means Yamato having to start from scratch. If we still haven't seen two-seater VF1's then I wouldn't expect this guy for the next couple of years at the very least. I think the standard military guys will be next.

And apparently the rider can sit inside while you transform the toy -- now that's cool. I'm sorry, but I'm more excited about this than the VF-0. B))

As for the Wild Sau -- I don't remember that huge-ass thing being in MZ23 II. Huh. Might have to watch it again.... Although that means having to get through those gruesome gore scenes at the start. Man that was tough to watch even for a cartoon.

The Wilde Sau appears in quite a few scenes, including the first battle scene in space. It was also used by Shiratori Yuichirou in the scene where he thinks he has captured Shougo. You also see several of them in the final scene where BD confronts Shougo just before he leaves MZ 23.

From what I can tell form the anime, the Wilde Sau is assigned to officers.

• 2 weeks later...
New pics showing pilot INside while in robot mode!

Nice! Finally Shogo pics! I was expecting a Shogo with a bit more attitude, maybe with a self sufficient grin on his face and better hair sculpt, but it looks okay. With the figure for comparsion the Garland looks like a Cadillac now. I've never realised how much anime magic was involved in the OVA :p

Edit: Hey, Shin. I PMed you back a few days ago, did you get it?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy