The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

Then it wouldn't be in scale with the Garland!

You know, on the different shelves on my desk I have a Megahouse MOSPEADA, the two Beagle MOSPEADAs, and 3 different CMs MOSPEADAs (the 3 black and white ones), with the CMs being on the same shelf as my 3 Garlands, my metallic Priss, my BGC AD Police figures and Boomer figure, and my Armor Hunter Mellowlink figure and bike, since they're all the same scale. I have to say, as gorgeous as some of the other stuff is, I really really love have a nice variety of stuff that is all the exact same scale and can be displayed together nicely.

How do you order replacement sholders for the origional Garland? Are they still available?

Thanks. :)

Yamato USA

Yamato USA

2771 Plaza Del Amo

Suite #809

Torrance, CA 90503

Phone: (310) 787-8488

Fax: (310) 787-8799

E-mail: info@yamatotoysusa.com

Please note before contacting Yamato USA that Yamato's Macross items are only available in Japan. We at Yamato USA, as well as Yamato itself, are unable to sell or service any Macross items sold outside of Japan. We thank you for your understanding.

Hours of Operation:

Monday - Friday 10am -5pm PST

Cool, thanks RD Blade.

So do I send an email asking about replacement parts for my Garland? Will I need to provide a US shipping address if I live outside of the USA?

Or would I be better off contacting HLJ about it? :unsure:

I don't know how HLJ is, but Yamato USA was surprisingly quick in getting back to me.

Me too. I just ordered another replacement shoulder for the Garland since my previous replacement shoulder became loose somehow. The replacement was sent via UPS to me two days after sending an email to them. Awesome service! :D

may i ask the way in which it became loose?

(i've had terrific luck with mine so far, by the way. couldn't be better!!)

Edited by Shaorin

may i ask the way in which it became loose?

(i've had terrific luck with mine so far, by the way. couldn't be better!!)

The screw that held the two shoulder pieces together couldn't hold them together as tight since the threading wore out. Once that happened, the shoulder couldn't hold a decent pose any more.

The screw that held the two shoulder pieces together couldn't hold them together as tight since the threading wore out. Once that happened, the shoulder couldn't hold a decent pose any more.

actually, come to think of it, i think that just might be related to the type of plastic they selected for the silver-ish parts, which admittedly, does not seem to be of first quality.

anyway, hey YAMATO! i myself am glad that you decided to terminate your MZ 23 line before you got to that atrocious EX-GARLAND from P.3,

but still, how about a nice send-off in the form of a FULLY articulated re-sculpt of Ver.1 Shogo!

i KNOW you could get him right this time, what with all the experience your staff has from your "Story! Image! Figure!" and "Creators' Labo" lines!!

do us all a favor, so we can finally chuck those anemic, baboon-armed V.1 Shogos and give our GARLANDs a proper pilot!!

actually, come to think of it, i think that just might be related to the type of plastic they selected for the silver-ish parts, which admittedly, does not seem to be of first quality.

anyway, hey YAMATO! i myself am glad that you decided to terminate your MZ 23 line before you got to that atrocious EX-GARLAND from P.3,

but still, how about a nice send-off in the form of a FULLY articulated re-sculpt of Ver.1 Shogo!

i KNOW you could get him right this time, what with all the experience your staff has from your "Story! Image! Figure!" and "Creators' Labo" lines!!

do us all a favor, so we can finally chuck those anemic, baboon-armed V.1 Shogos and give our GARLANDs a proper pilot!!

Why would you possibly be glad that a line got terminated before all the figures came out? You're not required to buy it if you don't like it.

Why would you possibly be glad that a line got terminated before all the figures came out? You're not required to buy it if you don't like it.

you're right. sorry about that.

i was merely bitter over the dilapidated GUNDAM rip-off of a design mess that AIC likes to call the "EX-GARLAND"

well, to each their own, i guess...

you're right. sorry about that.

i was merely bitter over the dilapidated GUNDAM rip-off of a design mess that AIC likes to call the "EX-GARLAND"

well, to each their own, i guess...

I can appreciate that. I just am glad to see as much Megazone (and MOSPEADA, and other Aramaki works) material out there as possible.

Is this true or just speculation? Was the garland from Megazone III planned? Were there any prototype pics etc?

Nah! Back in the day when Yamato where more devoted to the franchise, one could only guess which figure would be next.

Shaorin: As for Shogo, the problem is not the rider, but the bike. The engineering doesn't allow for any figure (other than the ugly ones that come with the bikes) to fit inside. I've been pestering for a fully articulated Shogo figure since this thread started but it wouldn't fit in the cockpit in Slave Maneuver mode anyway. Yamato had the expertise to pull a nice figure when they made the first Garland (check out the amazing Chirico Cuvie figure they did for their Votoms line of toys), but only those skinny curved legs would do the trick.

Ask >EXO<. He knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah... I've been planning on doing the Microman custom for a while now. I never really knew about the fit issue because my garland broke right out of the box. Yamato sent me a replacement right away but I havent had time to work on customs for over a year now. Finally I made the custom first before I fixed the bike...then LSB told me about the fit issue and even the Microman wont fit... Which is weird because they used a Microman when designing the Garland. I even took out the two gray parts that sits next to the legs.

I'm gonna finish the custom and possibly make a Yui figure but they'll only be for display when not in robot mode.

Incidentally if any customizers out there know how to take apart a Microman's arms for painting please PM me! Or else I'm gonna have to try something radical.

okay, then i'll just have to be satisfied with the dipso Shogo then.

BTW; i made an alteration the the figure's arms, in order to shorten and thus minimize/eliminate those babboon-ish arms.

i just yesterday got my very first Digital SLR, a NIKON D5000. i'll figure it out today, and post a pic, likely by tomorrow....

• 2 years later...

'Scuse me for bumping an old thread but I have something to show you guys

post-1819-0-88168200-1347397934_thumb.jpg

I'm working on some more replacement parts for the Veef Shop

so what will those be cast in? the die-cast replacements from YAMATO USA that i got some years ago have yet to break,

but if these SHAPEWAYS are to be cast in what i think they'll be, they should prove -much- more durable than even Yammie's replacements!

count me in for a pair!! then i can transform my GARLAND all day long stress-free!! ^_^

oh, and please give us all an update on this!! :)

I started my Microman Shogo this week...

gallery_151_312_73637.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

what are you talking about it always broke at the tip where it goes into the wheel's armature

Mine never broke so I have not had any reason to take the toy apart; I'm sure you know exactly where this particular part tends to break and are engineering yours accordingly to avoid Yamato's innadequate version. My statement is more along the lines of good general engineering practice which Yamato and/or their contracted design house tend to ignore too often when designing their toy parts... in short, sharp inner edges are an engineering no-no, a .5mm to 1.0mm fillet on such geometry is a quick no-brainer addition that makes a huge difference in a component's strength.

Edited by mechaninac

My Factory Colour Garland is fine, but I haven't touched it in over a year, so who knows if it will just crumble now.

My ProtoGarland, on the other hand, is in pieces. All those bronze/gold-colour plastic joints completely crumbled, and the earthquake finished it off.

I haven't touched my Garland since I bought and transformed it into maneuver slave mode. Should I be afraid since it's been sitting there for 4+ years?

Yes, I think so. Be careful.

Sadly my Megazone 23 Part 2 Garland is trashed. A plastic piece holding the front end and the main body of the garland snapped and thus the two halves wont connect anymore. Glue didn't even put a damn dent in the problem.

That's what happened to mine, too.