The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

post-1318-1138347372_thumb.jpg

Wasn't sure if I ought to start a new thread or put this in here:

Variable Motorcycles Thread

Anyway, here is the info so far on the upcoming transforming Garland toy by Yamato:

* 1/15 scale

* Release is scheduled for June

* Price will be 17,640

* Transformation will involve magnets

* A gun and poseable Shogo rider figure will be included

* It's damn cool.

My sources are mainly the internet and the 1/60 VF-0S thread in the toy section, I have just put it all in one thread. However, I must say that I have read conflicting information elsewhere that the price would be 16,800 and will arrive in May... But I may have been hallucinating.

Here are some pics from other threads (I'm re-attaching them 'cos I dunno how to just display them from the other thread, it tells me some crap about dynamic thingymajigs), plus some which I added just for comparison:

post-1318-1138347046_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1138347236_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1138347516.jpg

post-1318-1138347534.jpg

post-1318-1138347641_thumb.jpg

It's due in May, whether or not the figure is poseable is up in the air at the moment.

364707[/snapback]

Fgure Oh states it will be poseable.

364710[/snapback]

Thanks for the update Renato... I guess that answers my question about the figure. I just wonder what "Shogo" translates as.

I can't wait for this. This is one of the best designed mech series. I love that Artmic stuff.

I just wonder what "Shogo" translates as.

364723[/snapback]

It's the name of the main character, dude. :p

364731[/snapback]

Oh haha... Tell you the truth I never seen the first one and barely remember the second one. I just drool all over my Artmic books and wish they made toys out of all those designs... Even the Sony Hitbit suit that Rabby (Gall Force) wears with the big keyboard.

I'm waiting for a Max Factory review of it too. That's a hell of a hefty price, right up there with a VF-0. And I don't complain about prices too often either.

Wonder how big it is compared to a 1/48 VF-1. And how complicated. It looks rather plain at the moment, hope that they have some upgrades like beam sabres and rockets and shoulder cannons....something like the modat or Hargun. At the moment it looks very plain and simple like the original RX-78 Gundam.

Notmuch differnece, but this is what I am talking about.

garland7cycle.gif

beamsaber.gif

Ten bucks that Yamato will rerelease the Garland with blue colours. <_<

Edited by kensei

It's due in May, whether or not the figure is poseable is up in the air at the moment.

364707[/snapback]

364710[/snapback]

Excellent, I hadn't seen that confirmed. That goes some way to explaining the price which then makes this cheaper then the VF-0 and a more appealing prospect then it was before.

Just out of curiousity Renato, could you please post a link to the articles translation? Pretty Please. :D

Doing the "RX-78" first is always the way with any new license, most people want the original but I would be very interested in seeing the Harguns get made as well.

The pt3 Garland would be good, but there aren't enough differences between the pt1 & 2 models for me so I'd pass on that if they did it.

364707[/snapback]

364710[/snapback]

Excellent, I hadn't seen that confirmed. That goes some way to explaining the price which then makes this cheaper then the VF-0 and a more appealing prospect then it was before.

Just out of curiousity Renato, could you please post a link to the articles translation? Pretty Please. :D

Doing the "RX-78" first is always the way with any new license, most people want the original but I would be very interested in seeing the Harguns get made as well.

The pt3 Garland would be good, but there aren't enough differences between the pt1 & 2 models for me so I'd pass on that if they did it.

364812[/snapback]

Doing the Proto Garland from Part II would be an easy upgrade from this initial toy and I'd like to see that. While it is very similar, it does feature some nice detail upgrades to the head and legs. Plus they could paint it that nice Candy red color that it had in the anime. They could also do the Green grunt hovercycle versions that the bad guys drove in Part II. Another relatively easy but cool upgrade.

The Garland from Part III was so far removed in design that I really didn't care for it.

If they went on to releae the Hurgun bikes, that would be awesome, but I highly doubt it unless Altier Sai has already secretly pre-engineered one of those as well.

Guys. Here's some exclusive photos of the Garland prototype, courtesy of Yamato.

Please note that the pilot figure will be included with the toy.

Also, the Garland's eyepiece is actually blue, but due to the lighting, shows up green in these photos.

Enjoy :)

Click on thumbnails to enlarge:

garbat-1.JPG

garbat-2.jpg

_EDD1090.JPG

_EDD1096.JPG

_EDD1102.JPG

Whoops, just noticed the pics where already posted in smaller form above. Oh well, never mind.

Graham

Wonder how big it is compared to a 1/48 VF-1.

Stolen from mahq.net and converted to 1/15 scale.

Cycle Mode

Overall length: 3.96 meters = 10.4 inches

Overall width: 1.35 meters = 3.54 inches

Overall height: 0.94 meters = 2.46 inches

Maneuver Slave Mode - 3.85 meters = 10.1 inches.

Maneuver Slave

364897[/snapback]

Heh, that's what my wife always says to me when she wants me to get off the couch and do some housework. :lol:

Graham

364922[/snapback]

LOL, that rocks. My wife got a kick out of that, now she can add it to her arsenal.

I'd kill for a Hargun -_-

364924[/snapback]

I'd love to see one of the Military Garlands, but hey, after 20 years of literally dreaming about this toy, I'm elated to get Shogo's ride.

The garland is in early bird on HLJ :D

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT33967

Here's a picture I got off the Transformers forum I frequent:  (www.theallspark.com)

Oh, and the pilot theoretically fits in "robot mode" - he just can't move much.

364934[/snapback]

Hey This is the microman style garland, is it out ?

Edited by isamu_dyson

Hey This is the microman style garland, is it out ?

365044[/snapback]

Sorry, there is no Microman Garland. That's the early scuplt that Atilieri Sai (spelling!) did for Yamato that wa shown off at a 2005 event with a microman figure to demonstrate the rough scale.

The actual scale of Yamatos Garland is 1/15 but I imagine taht just about any microman will probabaly look good on it.

I think it'd suit Takaras upcoming Plug Suit Asuka nicely. :p

Yeah but depending on how cool this Shogo figure looks,

"it" may stay in in the box. . . :D