The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

On 10/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, jenius said:

My God, what did you do???

That looks like the kind of shattering you see when the factory forces the peg in rather than building the assembly around the peg... Hope we're not all doomed.

It just broke. Really! :shok:

On 11/25/2020 at 8:17 AM, SpaceCowboy said:

I realize this was a while ago, but the shoulder file I posted are recreations of exactly this part.

Getting it tight is another issue, and one I never completely solved.

(or is this the new Arcadia Garland that this happened to?! 
:O )

The old big scale 1/5 2008 Yamato.  Serves me right for buying it at Y 10,000 + preowned. Just transformed it once to robot mode and kept it that way then 2 weeks later, the arm fell off with the crispy parts falling apart in tinee tiny pieces.

I was watching out for the metal pieces breaking then this just disintegrated. Thank God my VF-0 Phoeneix Yamato's shoulders are still whole. After this, not touching another Yamato EVAH!

Edited by fenrir72

yeah, I think the Yamatos are over hyped on this forum.  They look great, but they are so fragile compared to other offerings that they aren't really a good purchase considering how much they cost vs how likely they are to break (and I own a _ton_ of yamatos).  

The Garland in particular was never great build quality to begin.  I remember the first one I got I had to reglue the piece that held the cockpit/handlebars on because it just popped off (the tiny gray piece on either side of the dashboard).  I stupidly bought 2 more and kept them in the box and have finally sold them just recently.  I've kept my 3d printed shoulder version as a desktop toy, though I question whether I will ever transform it again, as it will most assuredly break.

I have next week off, I'll see if I can't print off a set, but I nearly guarantee you your shoulders will be loose once you fix it.  Maybe others have had better results, but I find separating the shoulder pauldrons to be extremely difficult without breaking them (they are glued together), and once the peg is snapped off, you lose a lot of the tightness that the pauldrons used to secure the shoulder to the body tightly.

The swing bar is just stupidly designed.  I think you would have to form this in steel or something to prevent breakage.  ABS is definitely not strong enough to prevent a millimeter diameter rod to not break with all the torsion that is applied to the arm during transformation.

Nevertheless it shouldn't take long to print these parts as they are so small.