The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

My Proto is ok. It's on display and holding on. My Classic Garland is ok too since I installed the replacement parts. The chest section is another story: The hinges are hold solely by those tiny rear view mirrors glued to the bike, so no wonder they detached under the pressure of transformation. To just glue it back on won't do. I'm thinking on something more radical like rivets or something. I really love my Garlands. Too bad about all those poor design choices.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the show, haven't been on here in about a year.

My white Garland is fine (sorry, don't remember the name).

My proto Garland had one small break; I emailed Yamato, and they sent me a new one, which is fine.

Sorry for anyone who has had bad luck; I recommend contacting Yamato if you do. I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful they were.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A bit of thread necromancy -

I opened my display case, picked up by garland and both arms fell off. It was not the swing arms that failed - it was the blocks in the wheel hubs where the arms attach. I'll post a picture when I can.
I was wondering if anyone has done a 3d printed replacement for those.

Clarification: Mine is the first version made by Yamato - the red one from the original MZ23 OVA. I thinks it's the same one as in VF5SS's pictures above. I'm not sure if later ones suffered from the same problems. The plastic in the should joints literally turned to powder when i picked it up. I don't know if the later versions had the same problem.

Edited by DestroidDefender

The shoulders on the newer ones (after the MZ1 Garland) and the replacement ones Yamato USA was sending out are reportedly made of POM plastic. I got a replacement set years ago and the plastic used definitely had a different finish and color than on the original shoulders. I haven't checked my Garland to see if the shoulders held up, but will try to locate it and take a look.

I appreciate that. Please let me know how they're holding up.

I finally got a hold of a Garland metallic version (bought but have not got it in hand yet) and am wondering about these parts.

Now that Yamato is defunct, I doubt I can get parts from them. Maybe Yamato USA still exists in a way and could send them.

I know that several folks on these boards have also made Shapeways parts.

In this photo you can see they are also announcing the brown version at the same time as the metallic - so I was wondering if they had fixed all these issues by the time these versions were rolling out...

post-8486-0-71202600-1369307708_thumb.jpg

had to get replacement shoulder units from Yammie USA a few years back for my 1sted. MZ1 GARLAND Shogo ver.

and, besides a good deal of paint chipping, there has not been a problem one.

going to have to pick up a set of Veef's joint parts soon though, if for nothing else than to cure that paint problem...

I've tried to e-mail Yamato USA several times about this and gotten no reply. I don't think there is any hope of replacement parts.

Here is the site of failure on my Garland:

425259_189530854536852_1081008554_n.jpg

Even with if it was made with better plastic it's a poorly engineered joint.

Edited by DestroidDefender

the arm linkage for the rider's seat on my MZ-1 1stEd. just snapped on me. i've glued it, and it seems to hold,

but perhaps you could draft up a SHAPEWAYS replacement, pretty please Veef? :)

I haven't checked my Garland to see if the shoulders held up, but will try to locate it and take a look.

I appreciate that. Please let me know how they're holding up.

I finally got a hold of a Garland metallic version (bought but have not got it in hand yet) and am wondering about these parts.

Now that Yamato is defunct, I doubt I can get parts from them. Maybe Yamato USA still exists in a way and could send them.

I know that several folks on these boards have also made Shapeways parts.

I checked out my Garland. The new shoulders have held up fine. However, the metal swing arms seem to have eroded. I will definitely be ordering a plastic set from Veef along with a ton of other stuff when funds loosen up. Hopefully the Alpha hands will be in his store at that time.

That plastic part that connects the front and rear segments of my PROTO-GARLAND (yup, not the original one) crumbled a few years back. Emailed Yamato USA and the shop where I ordered it from but neither could help me. Will try to dig up the photos I sent them so this can be clearer. Ended up gluing together what bits of the part I was able to retain. Haven't transformed it since then.

That plastic part that connects the front and rear segments of my PROTO-GARLAND (yup, not the original one) crumbled a few years back. Emailed Yamato USA and the shop where I ordered it from but neither could help me. Will try to dig up the photos I sent them so this can be clearer. Ended up gluing together what bits of the part I was able to retain. Haven't transformed it since then.

you mean the rider's seat-armature, like on mine? mine broke cleanly in half, so ot provided a clean re-join. i handle it gingerly, and it seems to be holding...

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that the Garland metallic edition paint does not go up into the joint area.

So they must have fixed it for this release.

Its a real beauty. The white especially looks MUCH better in the metallic.

These photos don't really capture it though.

All joints are pretty loose from the waist down. This sure seems like a display piece only, not something that will bring any joy when handling.

Got it at a discount because the pack was missing the CD - so if anyone has that I need it!

post-8486-0-55320500-1376331256_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-97880900-1376331282_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-80028200-1376331354_thumb.jpg

too bad, my GARLAND's seat-support arm snapped last time i futzed with it.

the YAMATO USA supplied shoulder strut replacements still hold beautifully though, despite rampant paint chipping.

i just put mine back in the box for now, perhaps i can get a parts donor for cheap somewhere... :(

Edited by Shaorin

Its from this site, scroll down to bottom of page.

http://anime.geocities.jp/saikuya11/newpage4.html

its a work in progress. no concrete plan to sell it yet.

I WANT THIS!

Don't know much about it except it might be a recent WF release. The photo came up in Google search but without much detail.

If anyone knows about this kit PING me...

attachicon.gifGarland_WF_Kit.jpg

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

• 2 weeks later...