Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S Battroid Model

Graham

Guys,

Here's some new line art of Hasegawa's upcoming 1/72 scale VF-0S Battroid kit featured in the new March 2006 issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine and Hobby Japan magazine.

Note, the inclusion of same scale VF-1S Battroid line art, which really illustrates just how much bigger the VF-0 is compared to the VF-1.

Dengeki Hobby magazine (click to enlarge)

dh-hasegawa-mar.jpg

Hobby Japan magazine (click to enlarge)

hj-hasegawa-mar.jpg

The Hasegawa VF-0S Battroid kit is scheduled for release in March 2006. AFAIK, the price has not been announced yet.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev

That's ... big. :blink:

Heres the real question. Should i save the booster and extra ammunition from my VF-0 booster kit and use it on this instead? Maybe i can use magnets and make them all interchangeable.

364715[/snapback]

Ok, technically that's a question. But it's rhetorical, right? B))

Wow!

At first I liked the design of the 0, but like many others, thought it looked too advanced compared to the VF-1. While I knew it was bigger I never knew how MUCH bigger!

Side-by-side, the 0 looks so big and clunky compared to the sleek little 1.

Now I want one of these... No! Must finish VF-1A, Starfury and Valley Gunship first!!

Edited by Kelsain

• 3 weeks later...
I really hope he releases another art book. There have been too many new box arts since his last book came out.

Chris

371415[/snapback]

IIRC, there are only three new Tenjin Macross box arts not in the book: -

SV-51 w/Boosters.

VF-0A/S with Ghost.

VF-0S Battroid.

That's not enough for a new book yet. Or am I forgetting some?

Graham

I really hope he releases another art book. There have been too many new box arts since his last book came out.

Chris

371415[/snapback]

IIRC, there are only three new Tenjin Macross box arts not in the book: -

SV-51 w/Boosters.

VF-0A/S with Ghost.

VF-0S Battroid.

That's not enough for a new book yet. Or am I forgetting some?

Graham

372971[/snapback]

Yeah, you are correct. It's just gonna take so long before if ever we get a new one!!! I'm jus being impatient :p

Chris

New pics from the April 2006 issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine and Hobby magazine.

April 2006 Dengeki Hobby Magazine

Photos of the molds and lineart of the VF-0A head here.

April 2006 Hobby Japan Magazine

Photos of the molds and lineart of the VF-0A head

here.

April 2006 Hobby Japan Magazine

Hasegawa advertisment, showing the box art by Tenjin, lineart size comparison with VF-1 and VF-0A head lineart here.

The above pics have been archived in the MW Magazine section.

Graham

Is it me or does the size of the VF-0 Battroid look like it would have been a better match for the Regault and Glaug, and maybe in hand to hand with a Zentradi soldier?

Possibly, but not by design. The large size of the VF-0 is because it uses a conventional fuel powered jet engine, while the VF-1 uses a smaller and more efficient Thermonuclear engine. Being larger doesn't = better. Given that both machines have similar thrust, but the VF-0 weighs 3000KG more and has a larger aerodynamic profile, the VF-1 would run rings around the VF-0, and be more of a threat against the Zents. also the VF-0 has a finite fuel supply, something thats gotta hurt it compared to the VF-1

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa that´s his best so far IMO. I love how they used those predominantly sky/sea colour shades in M0, it has a "deepening" effect you rarely see in anime, and Tenjin seems to have it all put into this great picture (but his VF-0S is a close second).

I envy his skills! Hope there will be another artbook. The more Macross stuff Hasegawa releases the sooner it will come I guess .

Can´t wait to get this kit. Once I get it I will quit sleeping to get enough time for building it. :D

For those of you in the U.S. I'd recommend you patronize the Starshipmodeler.com store for the VF-0 Battroid. John does a great job at keeping prices really low (lower than you could get it for at HLJ + shipping). The VF-0 is only $35 w/o shipping. They also have excellent customer service and quick shipping. The FMMF arrived 2 days after they received it at their warehouse.

The VF-0 Battroid at Starshipmodeler.com UP FOR PREORDER

I wonder if there´s some anime magic involved in comparison to the fighter mode.

Since the VF-0 is completely CGI there shouldn´t be any differences in individual parts dimensions such as leg thickness or nose length. If this is true, we could buy a VF-0 Battroid plus a -D Trainer and make an easy kitbash to get a -D.

Of course I hope that Hasegawa will release the -D Battroid as well but two-seater Battroid haven´t been among their favorites so far...

Im hoping that what you say is correct on the not needing anime magic Honneamise. If it i strue then i will not be gluing certain parts to my VF-0S /w Booster when i build it so i can swap the boosters between the 2 using magnets in the parts.

Im hoping that what you say is correct on the not needing anime magic  Honneamise. If it i strue then i will not be gluing certain parts to my VF-0S /w Booster when i build it so  i can swap the boosters between the 2 using magnets in the parts.

380602[/snapback]

That´s a cool idea HWR MKII, I bought some modeling stuff in a store this morning and noticed they now carry tons of different micro magnets. I should have bought a few dozen at once but I was so stuck to my architecture model I failed to hear them sreaming "Fast Packs"...

• 2 weeks later...

The May 2006 issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine are just out and they both have pics of the Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-0S battroid showing it assembled and painted.

The magazines also show photos of the also the upcoming Wave 1/100 scale VF-0S, showing it built, but unpainted.

See:

May 2006 Dengeki Hobby

And

May 2006 Hobby Japan

The painted kit at the top half of both pages is the 1/72 Hasegawa and the unpainted kit at the bottom of both pages should be the Wave 1/100 scale kit.

Comparisons

• Hasegawa: scale 1/72, price Â¥3570, height 22cm, release date March 2006.
  • Wave: scale 1/100, price Â¥1995, height 14cm, release date May 2006.

Graham