Beware Members Of Pay Pal And Ebay! Big Scam!

bryan_f_davis@yahoo.com

these are some tips when using paypal....

1.  open a checking acct at some random bank you don't have an established acct at.  for example, if you have an acct at HSBC, open a checking acct. at Chase specifically for paypal and paypal only.  be sure to pick a bank that is in no way affilitated with your personal bank, and make sure its close by so you can have easy access to your money. 

2.  after you receive funds into your paypal acct., quickly transfer the funds into your checking acct.  whatever you do, do not leave the money sitting there. 

3.  when you receive notification that the transfer has cleared, go to your bank(Chase) and withdraw the funds(in cash) as quickly as possible.  whatever you do, DO NOT do it electronically.  physically go into the bank and withdraw the funds at the counter(i wouldn't use ATM's either), then take your money and deposit it into your regular bank acct. 

while all this seems a bit absured, doing this insures that even if they freeze your acct, they can't freeze up your real bank acct. and ruin your life.  they can only freeze the bank acct that is set up in their system which should only have the minimum balance needed to keep it open.   

hope that helps.

364040[/snapback]

WOW! I have been with PayPal since 2000 and have never had a problem.

I have been a seller/buyer on e-bay for years.

One time this guy Mechafreak stole my money and my credit card company MADE PayPal refund me the money. That was the only time, there "almost" was a probelm.

Haterist, thanks for the advice. I will do that with the 2nd bank account just in case they ever try to pull this on me in the future.

Good advice bro! ;)

these are some tips when using paypal....

1.  open a checking acct at some random bank you don't have an established acct at.  for example, if you have an acct at HSBC, open a checking acct. at Chase specifically for paypal and paypal only.  be sure to pick a bank that is in no way affilitated with your personal bank, and make sure its close by so you can have easy access to your money. 

2.  after you receive funds into your paypal acct., quickly transfer the funds into your checking acct.  whatever you do, do not leave the money sitting there.  

3.  when you receive notification that the transfer has cleared, go to your bank(Chase) and withdraw the funds(in cash) as quickly as possible.  whatever you do, DO NOT do it electronically.  physically go into the bank and withdraw the funds at the counter(i wouldn't use ATM's either), then take your money and deposit it into your regular bank acct. 

while all this seems a bit absured, doing this insures that even if they freeze your acct, they can't freeze up your real bank acct. and ruin your life.  they can only freeze the bank acct that is set up in their system which should only have the minimum balance needed to keep it open.   

hope that helps.

364040[/snapback]

WOW! I have been with PayPal since 2000 and have never had a problem.

I have been a seller/buyer on e-bay for years.

One time this guy Mechafreak stole my money and my credit card company MADE PayPal refund me the money. That was the only time, there "almost" was a probelm.

Haterist, thanks for the advice. I will do that with the 2nd bank account just in case they ever try to pull this on me in the future.

Good advice bro! ;)

377287[/snapback]

I've used Paypal for nearly six years now and never had a problem either. I almost never keep a balance in my Paypal account as I usually withdraw the funds I recieve immediately and send it to my personal bank account. Paypal makes ordering/paying for things easier for me since I'm stationed in England. It also makes sending money to my parents back home cheaper and faster. I've heard the horror stories from people who Paypal has done wrong so I always watch my personal bank account carefully and I don't give Paypal much leverage over my money.

I've been with paypal since they were created but that does not mean squat! Once the damage is done as in this situation where they are "investigating" the source of potential questionable funds from a transaction over 22 days old! <_< ASSH***S! :angry:

Just some background neither myself nor the sender of the monies ever requested this F*CKING investigation. Try explaining that to the fraud department managers and they do not give a rats ass!

I need to join that class action suit again these miserable SOBs!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Seeing as this is some paypal gongshow, I haven't given my bank account info and probably never will now, considering how many complaints there are. I'm glad I used pretty much close to 90% of my available funds on stuff I thought was "rare" on ebay, so I'm doing money orders from now on. I don't care if it takes more time. Meh.

The PAY PAL nightmare continues. 

After 2.5 weeks, 180 pages faxed in, 36 phone calls, 23 emails, I finally get my account opened.  For less than 48 hours. 

Then I get another email from Pay Pal.

They are going to freeze my account again, and hold my money ransom for SIX MONTHS.  WHILE THEY ARE EARNING INTEREST on it.  I cannot touch it.  ALMOST ALL MY MONEY was in that account.

How can they expect a person to survive if nearly all their money is frozen for a minimum of SIX SOLD MONTHS????  Worse, I was told it MAY EVEN BE LONGER than six months. 

If they spent a fraction of this energy going after the guy who stole the money I sent for my fiance's ring, I would have had my money back long ago.  Instead, Pal Pal lets the REAL CROOKS get away, while they crucify the honest peson. 

I have nearly 200 verified Pay Pal transactions.  A line of credit through Pay Pal.  560 ebay feedback, all 100 percent positive, and NEVER EVER one single complaint filed against me, EVER.  None of this is taken into consideration.  Pay Pal does not care.  They want to earn interest on your money that you cannot use for SIX MONTHS. 

This is criminal.  DO NOT USE PAY PAL.  EVER. 

I am going to a lawyer. 

At least I was able to pay Fortress before they stole my money. 

BEWARE OF PAY PAL MACROSSWORLD fans.  STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS.

367729[/snapback]

Okay, clearly now i freak out to use my PayPal account  :blink:  .... but thanks for the heads up guys.

378195[/snapback]

I think it's still ok to use it as a buyer, it's when you are a seller and keep money in there when it can become a problem.

If you are a buyer, and keep your account empty.

Only use it to pay people using your credit card, I think you'll be alright.

That's what I do now.

Okay, clearly now i freak out to use my PayPal account  :blink:  .... but thanks for the heads up guys.

378195[/snapback]

I think it's still ok to use it as a buyer, it's when you are a seller and keep money in there when it can become a problem.

If you are a buyer, and keep your account empty.

Only use it to pay people using your credit card, I think you'll be alright.

That's what I do now.

378247[/snapback]

Yeah, I think that too. Actually, I'm going to create a Pay pal account within few days. Haven't yet had one.

By all means feel free to create one, just be fully aware people are getting screwed by this company all the time.

Using Haterist's suggestions can help, but be careful when funding your payments especially with credit cards. If you read the buyer/sellers right ie the fine print is vague as hell and it basically gives paypal broadsweeping rights to freeze your transactions or account at their discretion. Translation, if they feel like it they can open an investigation on you and freeze your monies for up to 30 days. After the 30 days either the monies go back to the sender and you are SOL or you get to keep it. EIther way you are royally f*cked during the waiting time. Also, if you did remove the funds they are investigating you'd have a F*CKING NEGATIVE BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT! Which means the monies you have in your account which are unrelated would be used to cover the negative. When will this sh*t end?! :ph34r:

Yeah, but it's pretty much the only way to pay in most cases. Usually people say, pay pal only. And for example isn't money order pretty expensive way to pay, and possible other inconveniences? :unsure:

Edited by Sdf-1

Yeah, but it's pretty much the only way to pay in most cases. Usually people say, pay pal only. And for example isn't money order pretty expensive way to pay, and possible other inconveniences? :unsure:

378610[/snapback]

USPS MOs costs vary:

$0.01 to $500.00 ...................$0.95

$500.01 to $1,000.00 ...........$1.30

http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/mon...ers/welcome.htm

For only $3.45, you can purchase international money orders valued at up to $700 to 30 countries.

http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/sen...rnationally.htm

However if I was dealing with an international buyer I personally prefer USPS MOs, but that is just myself. :D

378610[/snapback]

Money orders cost like $1 max. So they are a good option.

Like you said though, most sellers are "PayPal only" now days.

There are plenty of sellers who accept BOTH USPS MOs and paypal, you just need to look around. Also discuss with the seller if you do not have paypal that you are a good buyer, refer them to your numerous positive feedbacks. There were countless successful payments made before paypal ever existed; paypal is by far not the end all option.

Most people just like them b/c it is relatively quick, however, once you encounter a problem it takes a hell of a lot longer than waiting five business days (which is usually how long it takes to purchase one and mail it to the seller) to FIX the problem. It helps to keep that reality in mind as well.

I really don't know what to think about this. I'm not saying I wouldn't believe the problems some people have encountered, but still, I find it hard to believe it could happen to me. I have never heard of such problems over here in my country. And this is so small country of 5 million people, that I believe it would be in the newspapers immediately. A lot smaller things are.

Edited by Sdf-1

Possibly but most of us on MW are stateside so we need to warn each other, you know? ;)

379637[/snapback]

But of course. As for me, I believe the biggest problem will be to keep money on my bank account. :p Though, you can't ever be completely sure. Just have to cross my fingers... :ph34r:

Hey guys...

Poor Fortress Maximus, one of the most honest people I have ever dealt with, has become a victim of Pay Pal. Money I sent to him was frozen, because they froze my account, so now Pay Pal, for reasons unknow, went and froze accounts of nearly everyone I brought from. Fortress just happened to be a victim of a guy who, for no reason, was attacked.

I went out of my way to call Pay Pal. The reason they Froze his account was that "there was concern that he may not have sent the items I paid for." Even when I called Pay Pal, and told them that I indeed recieved the items I paid for OVER a month ago, they told me there was nothing I could do to reverse the freeze on the money I sent to Fortress.

So, the reason they froze his funds became null and void when I called, as the person who paid for the item, telling Pay Pal I did get my toys. They did not care, did not want to hear it, and there was nothing I could do to help fortress.

It is so absurd and impossible to work with this company. They are the Enron of the internet community, 100 percent able to steal money from people legally.

Beware Macross World members.

And I am so, terribly sorry Fortress.

I am so sorry.

-Bryan D.

Speaking as a guy who usually request transactions to be completed by paypal for various reasons (hands down ease of use, built in tracking), I also recommend others to consider the following payment options:

For people in the same country (EG: USA)

- Direct Bank Deposit - Cash. Give out your account number and ask that person in another state/province to deposit funds into your account. Upon proof of deposit (receipt scan, check your bank account), you can send the goods, or vice versa.

This of course entails super trust but is the EASIEST method for folks within the same country.

- Direct Bank Deposit - Check. Same as above but clears within 3-10 working days. Caveat Emptor with bad check bouncers. I personally would not accept this and would impose a 2-week wait to clear the funds if you must.

International

- NO PERSONAL CHECKS PERIOD - Banks can reject these and the holds are even longer... Sigh...

- Postal or International Money Order with signed delivery confirmation - For domestic guys easy. For international, a PAIN IN THE BUTT depending on the various banks. I have taken IMOs before, but the bank will place a 20 WORKING DAY hold on all of these checks to clear. That is a full month to 6 weeks before funds are released. Good for the patient but relatively safe.

- Bank Cashiers check - same as above but cost more and has the requirements

- Bank Wire or TT - FAST but service charge is way up there. 35 - 80 USD is typical. Probably better for Godzilla or Kensei every time they request a new fighter wing. :p

- Western Union - Probably the best alternative next to Paypal and Wire Transfer. Cheap (buyer must pay the charges) and usually available in most major cities in many countries. Sellers can literally pickup the funds within a few hours and there is confirmation for the buyer as photo ID is required for pickup of the funds.

Personally, it is a pain for me since I live 45 mins from the closes one, then I need to take the funds and deposit it into my bank, which is not even close to the WU, but it helps those who cannot or will not or can not use paypal or any of the above services.

Edited by Neova

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that do not already know, those paypal bast*rds retroactively froze funds in my account and it is now 35 days and counting! I strongly advise everyone if you do not use tracking when you ship, keep all of your documentation, receipts, insurance forms etc, b/c those pain in the arses known as paypal can and will hold your monies hostage if they think it is remotely suspect and requires investigation. They do not care if you shipped the package and the receipient received it, they will still hold any and all funds in your account hostage!

For my investigation which was suppose to end after the first 30 days (it didn't), after speaking with a completely unempathic manager, I learned the funds will be held for at least another six months pending more investigation! F*CKERS!

Paypal is so nonchalent about the entire process, not once extending any help or reassurances that the matter was being dealt with quickly. <_< Meanwhile my monies is being held by them and gathering interest that I do not gain. F*CKERS INDEED!

If any of you guys still use paypal do NOT, I repeat DO NOT KEEP ANY MONIES IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

Ouch, I'm so sorry to hear that FM. :(

Yeah, I wouldn't keep any money there anyway, and it's not even possible to me I think. When I pay by paypal, it just charges my credit card and sends the money, and that's it. Well, there is the 3-4 days reservation time before it is actually charged from my bank account. But the payment goes right away to the person I pay, that is.

Edited by Sdf-1

Just to clarify:

Are they freezing your PayPal account or your Bank's checking account?

For those of you that do not already know, those paypal bast*rds retroactively froze funds in my account and it is now 35 days and counting! I strongly advise everyone if you do not use tracking when you ship, keep all of your documentation, receipts, insurance forms etc, b/c those pain in the arses known as paypal can and will hold your monies hostage if they think it is remotely suspect and requires investigation. They do not care if you shipped the package and the receipient received it, they will still hold any and all funds in your account hostage!

For my investigation which was suppose to end after the first 30 days (it didn't), after speaking with a completely unempathic manager, I learned the funds will be held for at least another six months pending more investigation! F*CKERS!

Paypal is so nonchalent about the entire process, not once extending any help or reassurances that the matter was being dealt with quickly.  <_< Meanwhile my monies is being held by them and gathering interest that I do not gain. F*CKERS INDEED!

If any of you guys still use paypal do NOT, I repeat DO NOT KEEP ANY MONIES IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

387198[/snapback]

Just to clarify:

Are they freezing your PayPal account or your Bank's checking account?

My paypal account only I hope! <_<:blink: I better check the linked account, HOLY SHI! :angry::angry:<_<

387210[/snapback]

If they pull money out of your checking account, you can report it as a fraud with your bank. There will be an investigation, but the bank will decide in your favor. The thing that suchs is, the bank will freeze those funds during the investigation.

If they pull money off a linked credit card, do the same thing. Report the transaction as a fraud.

I have more to message! Back soon! More to write later.

Fortress Maximus and I are going a few rounds against Pay Pal. Update in a few hours when I get back from work.

-Bryan Davis

Man, this is some f**d up s**t. I'm using PP for about a year and only encountered a problem a few days ago- I won 2 Gundam figures from a Chinese seller from whom I bought same things before and one of the 2 payments did not clear. Now he filed a despute on ebay and when I tried re-sending the money to him I got "This person cannot receive payments at this time" over and over again. I contacted ebay and PP, both said to contact the seller and try to work it out. I'm waiting... I bough toys after these 2 and before, all transactions went smooth, so I'm very puzzled. I never keep any money in my PP account so I'm not too worried about it, but I feel for you Bryan.

Bryan I need you to contact me ASAP via pm regarding mailing to me either the full payment or returning the 1/48s (the MIB LV & CF) to me ASAP!

Despite paypal complicating the situation, we previously discussed on the phone back in late March you sending me monies owed. I believe I have been more than saintly with my patience. As you already know the hold was placed on February 28, 2006 and it is now 45 DAYS AND COUNTING and I am neither in my possession of the monies owed from you or the 1/48s; this is grossly incorrect, we need to resolve this matter without further delays. :(

Additionally, I have not heard from you since your last effort in communicating with me on April 4, 2006 08:32 PM telling me "I understand your situation. I am working on a solution for you. Please be patient. I will be in touch. Call me if you have any questions." I have made every effort to reach you with zero success; I have repeatedly called, left messages, and pm'd you for updates... but I have NOT received even one reply. <_< I know you've been online since I've sent you repeated pm requests, so please do not ignore my requests any further. Thank you.

I know paying me back and resolving this completely messed up situation is not a priority for you, however, IMO it is grossly wrong for you to claim you do not have the sufficient funds to pay me in late March, and then shortly thereafter, you made arrangements to purchase a TF BT toy lot on April 4, 2006, 06:46 PM in this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=18533

Honestly, how do you think that makes me feel? :( I was greatly disappointed when I discovered this. If you were in my situation what would you think? How would you feel towards me if I did it to you?

Bryan, I just want to resolve this situation, there are only two solutions here, please pay me back the full amount owed via a USPS MO or please mail me back my items ASAP. I await your prompt replies. Thank you. :)

Bryan I need you to contact me ASAP via pm regarding mailing to me either the full payment or returning the 1/48s (the MIB LV & CF) to me ASAP!

Despite paypal complicating the situation, we previously discussed on the phone back in late March you sending me monies owed. I believe I have been more than saintly with my patience. As you already know the hold was placed on February 28, 2006 and it is now 45 DAYS AND COUNTING and I am neither in my possession of the monies owed from you or the 1/48s; this is grossly incorrect, we need to resolve this matter without further delays. :(

Additionally, I have not heard from you since your last effort in communicating with me on April 4, 2006 08:32 PM  telling me "I understand your situation. I am working on a solution for you. Please be patient. I will be in touch. Call me if you have any questions." I have made every effort to reach you with zero success; I have repeatedly called, left messages, and pm'd you for updates... but I have NOT received even one reply. <_<  I know you've been online since I've sent you repeated pm requests, so please do not ignore my requests any further. Thank you.

I know paying me back and resolving this completely messed up situation is not a priority for you, however, IMO it is grossly wrong for you to claim you do not have the sufficient funds to pay me in late March, and then shortly thereafter, you made arrangements to purchase a TF BT toy lot on April 4, 2006, 06:46 PM in this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=18533

Honestly, how do you think that makes me feel? :( I was greatly disappointed when I discovered this. If you were in my situation what would you think? How would you feel towards me if I did it to you? 

Bryan, I just want to resolve this situation, there are only two solutions here, please pay me back the full amount owed via a USPS MO or please mail me back my items ASAP. I await your prompt replies. Thank you.  :)

391157[/snapback]

Damn :blink: . A LV & CF :o .

Wow a LV? Sweet!

Hey he\'s selling one on e-bay too, what a coincidence..... LOL

:unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-48-Macross-Low-Visab...itemZ6050604821

391220[/snapback]

I hope Bryan\'s ok. He was buying stuff up left and right around here. Maybe his buying frenzy caught up with him. I hope he is not trying to auction off the same LV you sent him, that\'s definitely NOT COOL.

Hope your OK, BFD.

;)

Wow a LV? Sweet!

Hey he\'s selling one on e-bay too, what a coincidence..... LOL

391220[/snapback]

I hope Bryan\'s ok. He was buying stuff up left and right around here. Maybe his buying frenzy caught up with him. I hope he is not trying to auction off the same LV you sent him, that\'s definitely NOT COOL.

Hope your OK, BFD.

;)

391232[/snapback]

I'm guessing it's not the same one he got from FM.

I think FM stated that his was MIB, and the one on auction has been transformed with some decals applied.

So after reading the auction I'm guesing they are not the same Valk.

I agree though, hope all is well with you Bryan.

This one for you................................ "SNAP"!!!!! :lol:

FM, I hope it all works out dude. Bryan's a good guy he should come though for you.

Edited by fansubs2000

Wow a LV? Sweet!

Hey he's selling one on e-bay too, what a coincidence..... LOL

391220[/snapback]

I certainly hope that is NOT the LV I sold him, which I don't have the monies for yet. However, after just looking at the pic, it really does look like the one I sent him. :o:angry: He really should take a moment and inform me what the hell is going on.

Wow a LV? Sweet!

Hey he's selling one on e-bay too, what a coincidence..... LOL

391220[/snapback]

I certainly hope that is NOT the LV I sold him, which I don't have the monies for yet. However, after just looking at the pic, it really does look like the one I sent him. :o:angry: He really should take a moment and inform me what the hell is going on.

391241[/snapback]

Be careful....very careful. The auction has a pic of the box only with no valk.

Be careful....very careful. The auction has a pic of the box only with no valk.

391256[/snapback]

LOL! :lol:

This must be the box he is offering to trade for some Flexi Display stands.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18476

Hey Bryan, if you show a picture of the actual Valk you might get higher bids!

LOL! :rolleyes:

Well here are just a few more phising scams that were attempted on me:

1. Just got an e-mail from \"richardww\", he is asking me info on an item that I\'m selling or have sold in the past.

2. Got an e-mail from \"Paypal\" stating that my account has been limited.

With regards to the first, I have no items on ebay for auction, nor have I had any for the past 2 years. So that resolved scam number one.

Now for the second, I just logged on to Paypal directly and nothing. I transferred a few bucks from my account to my bank account and all was fine.

Just wanted to give a warning out to everyone using Paypal or Ebay.

DON\'T EVER RESPOND TO THESE TYPES OF E-MAILS or USE THE LINKS PROVIDED IN THEM. ALWAYS GO THE SOURCE ADDRESS, IF THE OCCURANCE IS REAL, THEN IT WILL APPEAR AT THE SITE YOU LOGGED INTO.

Be Cautios and Use Common Sense.

NB4M

;)