Blade The Vampire Tv Series

DeathHammer

Is it Halloween already? That Blade actor looks like a Comic-con reject.

Anyway, one of my acquaintances at DodgeCharger.com has lent his black '68 to the producers of this show-I'll watch it just for his sake...

Is Blade really bald? I think I prefer Wesley Snipes.

362692[/snapback]

They can't replace Welsey Snipes' Blade-they're just going to use substitutes, ringers, whatever you wanna' call 'em. Wesley Snipes, on screen, is that character...

• 5 months later...

So, anyone watching this? With the actor they've chosen, Blade looks like a Comic-con attendee rather than the feared Daywalker. Toss in a boring story and you've got a complete waste of time on your hands. Well, not a complete waste, as watching Jill Wagner in skimpy outfits, running around and biting people is kinda' nice.

-Oh, but what they say about some women without makeup also applies to Jill, her shower scene left her looking like a MAN baby!

Edited by myk

I downloaded the pilot episode for free off iTunes (I think the freebie deal expired yesterday) and it was not bad for a cable show. Seems to take place in an alternate universe, Blade has a new sidekick and all references to Whistler do not mention whether he's dead or alive. They basically took the angle of Blade working with a 'mole' vampire, which hasn't really been explored in the last 3 films.

I didn't buy Jill Wagner as a soldier who just returned from Iraq for a minute. The sniper scene was also retarded - you got your prey in the scope, you pull the trigger. You don't talk for 10 minutes.

• 2 months later...

Ding Dong, the witch is dead:

On September 28, 2006, Jill Wagner, star of Blade: The Series, announced on her Myspace page that she was informed that there would be no second season of the show. The next day, Spike announced in a press release that the show would not be picked up. In response, fans have launched a campaign in the form of postcards, letters, emails, and faxes to save the show.

By now, Spike has received numerous petitions from the show's fans. All two of them.

Ding Dong, the witch is dead:

By now, Spike has received numerous petitions from the show's fans. All two of them.

The show itself was pretty bad, but the premise was decent enough. It explored the ideas behind the Vampires as presented in the movie; having a society all their own in the form of clans, different social levels, etc. that were mentioned but never extrapolated on.

The acting was acceptable given that it's a Spike show with the exception of Blade. Kirk Jones just didn't have the smooth motion that Wesley Snipes has, nor did he have the look that Snipes established. As said earlier, he really did look like a ComicCon cosplayer.

This is great news for Jill Wagner fans though. It won't be long until she appears in either Playboy, Penthouse or Cum-Swapping slurms #13 on DVD...