Macross 25th Anniversary

easnoddy

An OVA or series with Aegis Focker from VF-X2 as the main character, set in the 2050s would be pretty cool.

Heck, they don't even have to design new mecha, I'd be just as happy seeing the VF-19A, VF-22, VF-17D, VA-3M and VB-6 get more screen time.

Graham

Please don't say that. I long for a transofrming toy that looks like a contemporary stealth fighter! :(

Is the Bandai one that complicated to transform?

363979[/snapback]

The Bandai 1/65 scale DX VF-17D and VF-17S toys are extremely simple and quick to transform.

They are also extremely rugged, despite having no diecast parts. They are probaby the toughest transforming Macross toys ever made. You would have to try very, very hard to break one.

Articulation is fair, although the legs could benefit from a bit more articulation, especially the knees, which don't bend back, only forward (for Gerwalk mode).

Detail is good, with the toy having a surprising amount of panel lines, far more than it's Bandai stablemate the VF-19Kai/VF-19S toy.

The only downsides are that they look very chunky in fighter mode when viewed from the side, although the top-down view looks spot on. Battroid mode looks great IMO.

The landing gear is terrible though, basically just fold down rectangular tabs of plastic with minimal detail.

I own about a dozen of these toys, most first issue bought in 1995 and I love them to death. I wouldn't part with them.

I definitely recommend you pick up one, or several :D

Graham

I own about a dozen of these toys, most first issue bought in 1995 and I love them to death. I wouldn't part with them.

I definitely recommend you pick up one, or severalĀ  :D

Graham

364345[/snapback]

Thanks but....please don't get me started. :(

So the only thing that would make you part with them is a revolutionary VF-17? I think I remember you saying that you would sell your old VF-1 Bandai stuff, and you wouldn't miss them.