Macross 25th Anniversary

easnoddy

I'd bet that Yamato knows how popular Macross is from a nostaligia point of view in the West. They have to know that probably 1/4 or more of their toys end up in the west. Though they cannot directly market to the West, it has to be considered a strong side market.

Wasn't the Gundam Museum built to commemorate the 25th anniversary? I thought that opened in lthe 2002-2003 timespan.

Well, I might as well put in my $0.02:

1/48 Elintseeker

1/48 Super Ostrich

1/48 VF-1D

1/48 Enemy Mechs - NGer, Glaug, and all 4 Regults at the minimum

1/60 or 1/48 Destroids (maybe 1/60 Monster since a 1/48 would be huge.)

1/3000 SDF-1

1/48 or 1/60 VF-4

1/72 YF-19 FP (yeah, yeah. We are all wishing for that)

SV-51

My wish list: -

Number 1 wish for 25th anniversery = A new Macross TV series.

My toy wish list includes: -

1/60 VF-0A, B, D (all color schemes).

1/60 SV-51 (all color schemes).

1/60 Reactive Armor & Ghost Booster sets for VF-0.

1/60 Destroid Cheyenne.

1/60 YF-19FP all new sculpt (1/72 is too small).

1/60 YF-21/VF-22 all new sculpt.

1/60 VF-11B/C all new sculpt.

1/60 Full Armor set for VF-11

1/60 Regults (1/48 would be too big IMO).

1/48 VT-1.

1/48 VE-1.

Timescale wise, it's very unrealistic to expect all the above toys by the 25th anniversery, but hopefully Yamato will make at least some of them by then.

Graham

My wish list: -

My toy wish list includes: -

1/60 VF-0A, B, D (all color schemes).

1/60 SV-51 (all color schemes).

1/60 Reactive Armor & Ghost Booster sets for VF-0.

1/60 Destroid Cheyenne.

1/60 YF-19FP all new sculpt (1/72 is too small).

1/60 YF-21/VF-22 all new sculpt.

1/60 VF-11B/C all new sculpt.

1/60 Full Armor set for VF-11

1/60 Regults (1/48 would be too big IMO).

1/48 VT-1.

1/48 VE-1.

Timescale wise, it's very unrealistic to expect all the above toys by the 25th anniversery, but hopefully Yamato will make at least some of them by then.

Graham

363511[/snapback]

hey what happened to the 17 i thought that was your fav? too much of a pipe dream? :p

i'd like to be positive and hope for a new series, although the realist in me thinks this anniversary will be ignored..

Do you guys think it's realistic at all that there would be like Yamato (?) zentraedi mecha (especially that awesome dyrl n-ger...) in the future? Or a sdf-1?

I'd love 1/48 super ostrich (it's absolutely one of the most beautiful designs ever IMO, love that color :) ) and elintseeker too. Sorry if this is an off-topic on this thread, but since I'm more into model kits I wish there would be more personal releases in those too, (dyrl) zentraedi of course... But it may be so that those are still left to gk makers. Which isn't that bad actually :p For toys, I think I'll be buying just a few yamatos and that's it. We'll see that hopefully today since I will get my first ever yamato valk... I don't even have an idea how it will look in the real world :lol: In fact, it's not totally impossible it will be the only one in Finland :ph34r:

Oh no, please not, not after Macross Zero! I prefer to keep the past as I remember them. :lol:

My prediction is repackaging or limited edition repaints. A simple "25th Anniversary" logo will send hardcore fans buying the toys they own one more time.

My 25th Anniversary Wishlist:

From Bandai:

1/55 SuperOstrich Reissue

1/55 Strike Valkyrie Reissue

1/55 Elintseeker Reissue

1/55 GBP Reissue

and then an all new 1/55 VF-1D

From Yamato:

1/48 SuperOstrich

1/48 Elintseeker

1/48 VF-1D

From Big West:

An new OVA set after Macross Plus but before Macross 7. That would be awesome.

Why not just remake the original Macross? With the original artist who did the characters in the first one. All 3d with good maps!

363712[/snapback]

IMO there wouldn't be that much point in remaking it. It's just the best the way it is. Though sadly they couldn't make the series how they had originally planned, if I remember correct they had to later add some episodes and stuff, since the series was shortened from the originally intended and later they were told to make more episodes, because of the success. And it sure shows from the results. But that's the way it still became the classic it is. IMO cg and stuff wouldn't do anything better (vice versa), actually I think it's a major point in the old Macross how it was drawn. In DYRL they already kinda remade the whole thing with greatly improved designs and quality. Personally I can't imagine how it could be made even better than that. :) Edited by Sdf-1

hey what happened to the 17 i thought that was your fav?  too much of a pipe dream? :p

363569[/snapback]

The VF-17D is still my favorite, but I think it really is too much of a pipe dream to expect a version from Yamato.

I tried to be realistic in my list.

Graham

Oh no, please not, not after Macross Zero! I prefer to keep the past as I remember them. :lol:

363590[/snapback]

I don't want to be stuck in the past. I want a new series, with new mecha, new characters and a new story. Without that Macross will not move forward and we will get less and less new merchandise, once Yamato has finished milking Macross Zero for toys.

Who knows, a new series may turn out even better than the original!

Graham

My wish list would be

Macross 7 Valks by anyone

VF-19 with Fastpack

VF-22 with Fastpack

VF-11 with Fastpack and Armor

VF-17 with Fastpack

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Roy Strike

Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Max Strike

Bandai 1/55 Max Super

Bandai 1/55 Millia Super

My only whish for the 25th anniversary is for BigWest and Studio Nue to get their act together and make a whole new TV series , this time they ought to be more ambitious about it , get out there DO MORE MARKETING DAMN IT !!! , re-stablish the franchise in this new modern market.

Maybe they could make a full tv series based on VFX2 and the Ravens squadron, that way we would get all kinds of Valks in just one show. It actually seemed pretty good in terms of plot.

Toy-wise , I would REALLY sell myself for a 1/60 VF-5000 Yamato toy. If they made a VF-X2 show it would actually make sense. Man I drool just thinking anout it. :lol:

Edited by Aegis!

363590[/snapback]

I don't want to be stuck in the past. I want a new series, with new mecha, new characters and a new story. Without that Macross will not move forward and we will get less and less new merchandise, once Yamato has finished milking Macross Zero for toys.

Who knows, a new series may turn out even better than the original!

Graham

363835[/snapback]

Please don't say that. I long for a transofrming toy that looks like a contemporary stealth fighter! :(

Is the Bandai one that complicated to transform?

Remember the Konig was a complete surprise! No one expected that!

Sorry, but a new Macross OVA or series just scares the hell out of me after Macross Zero.

Given Kawamori's recent offerings, it's clear that he has rounded the bend from "cool as hell Mecha designer" to "Tree hugging hippie freak".

A new Macross series would almost certainly revolve around some sort of mystical plant that gives the protoculture their power, and how stupid mankind is to fight wars that destroy this mystical, life giving plant. Or, he could just have all the characters sitting around doing bong hits all day. :lol:

Worse yet, we could get Macross Zero all over again. Nice start, no real finish, story lines out the ass left hanging. <_<

A new Macross series would almost certainly revolve around some sort of mystical plant that gives the protoculture their power, and how stupid mankind is to fight wars that destroy this mystical, life giving plant.  Or, he could just have all the characters sitting around doing bong hits all day.  :lol:

364023[/snapback]

Would this be any worse than Macoss 7? :lol:

Sorry, but a new Macross OVA or series just scares the hell out of me after Macross Zero.

Given Kawamori's recent offerings, it's clear that he has rounded the bend from "cool as hell Mecha designer" to "Tree hugging hippie freak".

A new Macross series would almost certainly revolve around some sort of mystical plant that gives the protoculture their power, and how stupid mankind is to fight wars that destroy this mystical, life giving plant.  Or, he could just have all the characters sitting around doing bong hits all day.  :lol:

Worse yet, we could get Macross Zero all over again.  Nice start, no real finish, story lines out the ass left hanging.  <_<

364023[/snapback]

God, what about the songs :o ,...:

"Kumbayaaaaaah, Kumbah*........." *sound of gunshot

Seriously. Why hasn't Yamato released the SDF-1? Is that supposed to be their final release or something?

Do you guys know if there was ever talk of them making the SDF-1?

363945[/snapback]

I want a 7 foot tall SDF-1 (TV version, when transformed) at what ever scale that is. With diecast joins and detachable arms (i.e. Prometheus & Daedalus).

How much would I pay for that? hmmm....about one months salary. :)

I want a 7 foot tall SDF-1 (TV version, when transformed) at what ever scale that is.  With diecast joins and detachable arms (i.e. Prometheus & Daedalus).

How much would I pay for that?  hmmm....about one months salary.  :)

364097[/snapback]

Yeah, but they must make the movie version too B)) Heh, 7 foot, I wish... That would be like one YEARS money to me :p

Wow, I see it coming, a lifesize Sdf-1 theme park :wacko:

I want a 7 foot tall SDF-1 (TV version, when transformed) at what ever scale that is.  With diecast joins and detachable arms (i.e. Prometheus & Daedalus).

How much would I pay for that?  hmmm....about one months salary.  :)

364097[/snapback]

Yeah, but they must make the movie version too B)) Heh, 7 foot, I wish... That would be like one YEARS money to me :p

Wow, I see it coming, a lifesize Sdf-1 theme park :wacko:

364101[/snapback]

I was being completely serious regarding the SDF-1 toy.

The manufacturer (come on Yamato! are you listening?) would not have to make it too detailed (e.g. no opening hangar doors, no rotating canons, etc) to cut/save costs. However, I would prefer it be transformable (for parties when you need an extra table). Perhaps Yamato (or other mfr) could do financing. Customers, if they so chose, make monthly installment payments.

What I'd really like to see more than anything else is a Macross movie. A film hasn't been attempted in a while and the film format would be better suited for a strong story considering all that's been done in the Macross franchise.

Another series akin to the first Super Dimension Fortress Macross wouldn't really work in my opinion. Obviously, Kawamori is not interested in another epic Macross story and quite simply such a story is not breaking any new territory for the franchise.

I'd have to say that another OVA wouldn't be too promising either. The OVA's have pretty much been done to death for Macross and I'd have to agree with the detractors that the Macross Zero OVA failed to live up to its potential.

I hope something is in the works for the 25th Annivesary, but I wouldn't be that surprised if not much is happening. I think I'm happy with the Macross Zero merchandise from Yamato and the GBP. I'd probably get more out of Macross via the Yamato products. Maybe if Yamato released some new Macross Plus sculpts that'd really impress me!

I agree on a new TV series or even a movie. I would like to build on DYRL and move on ala VFX so we can have new heroes, a new storyline that opens up the Macross Universe, which may lead to a bigger fan base and most importantly, more merchandise!

:D

Think how good a new Movie along the lines of Aliens or Black Hawk Down but in our favorite universe and then follow that up with a new TV series continue the momentum! Macross Bliss!

Sorry if I\'m dreaming. Its the marketing guy in me. :D