Van-force By Shoji Kawamori

Golgoth 13

I know there's already this topic Lego anime style but I think this one should interest more people here.

In fact, it seems lego has contact Kawamori San to do some special lego, called VAN-FORCE. Van for Variable Absolute Nexux. There's a lot of photos in the last Figure Ou (#95).

I have bought the 2 models 7700&7701 in France to do the Kawamori mecha, but I still search the Kawamori Stickers, which seems to be available only in Japan.

If anyone could help me to obtain the stickers or a good scan, I would be very very happy. :D

post-1444-1137686955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golgoth 13

Wait...so this is OFFICIAL and coming out in the coming months?  AWESOME!!!!!!!

362018[/snapback]

It's already out for a few month. I'll give you better pics tomorrow, after scanning pages. You need this 2 box : 7700 & 7701, but the explanation is in Figure Ou #95 and the stickers only in Japan.

I need them !!! Please.

I wonder if this is the follow up to the Exo force stuff they're running with at the mo.

Found some more pictures, http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/vanforce/

Golgoth, are these your pics?

Seems that this isn't an actual set on sale but is made by buying two exo force sets and adding Shoji's instructions and stickers as Golgoth said.

Edited by Fort Max

Golgoth, are these your pics?

362041[/snapback]

No, only the pic I post above are from here. that's on this page I have found the best pics for the decals, but the quality isn't so good.

The pics I will post tomorrow are from Figure Ou. It contains the Instructions. I have to go for diner. See you. :)

van06flight.jpg

This night was short. 3 Hours are needed to construct the model.

Click HERE if you want the instructions sheets, which are on pages 88 & 89 and more pictures of the differents modes (look like battroid, gerwalk and fighter mode)

I think I'm gonna use glue to reinforce the model. I need stickers so please, help me. :blink:

I have no digital camera, but, I'll try to post photos as soon as possible.

Is it just me, or does the fighter-looking design look like the "Breast Fighter" from the early versions of Megaroad?

re:batman

man that's not lego..thats plastic toys with little bumps on the surfaces :|

(aka what ever happened to imagination and non-specialized parts to create models?)

362448[/snapback]

You mean nothing but square bricks? They stopped that back in the 70's. Some of us like having bricks of all shapes and sizes to build with. And for the record, LEGO has been pretty good about not making overly specialized parts. Take a look around brickshelf.com to see what people are doing with LEGO these days.

From what I understand Art asylum either lose the license or chose not to renew it. They still have the license for marvel though, and are doing minimates on battlestar galactica(WITH vehicles!), street fighter(just out), and speed racer and a couple others.

For what its worth I think art asylum did a good job on the batman license, tis a shame they never put out the batman begins c3 stuff they designed, the designs were awesome.

I am glad LEgos are turning out the way they are now, always cool to me. I like the batman line they are coming out with and the mini figures like nigthtwing look awesome to me. They can't really be compared to minimates since minimates are the superior figures but to me I like both ya know?

THe batman lego vehicles look awesome, the batwing and batmobile surprised me, a vertical dock for the batwing? AWESOME~~!! Let us hope it can fit in some sort of batcave later on.

OK, I spent the past three hours putting this together.

Impressions:

VERY UNSTABLE. The connections between the larger groups is very weak and doesn't hold up well (in some areas, only one stud is holding the part on). Actually getting the damn thing together is a pain, and will probably fall apart on you in the process.

Instructions are complex, and the ones provided on Brickshelf are slightly better but not by much.

Is it worth the $30 to build it? In my opinion, no, but the sets are actually kinda cool in their own right. My kid will probably love them when I take this apart and build the actual sets. It looks cool and all from Shoji's pictures, but I'd pass on this one.

I went and bought the two sets... I'm gonna try building it soon, and hopefully I'll find the stickers somewhere. I just can't get over the pilot figure for the white mech though. His name is Hikaru, he looks like a Max Jenius close, and the printing on his front is actually the front of a valk in Battroid mode. (I can scan in the figure and show you all if you want.... it's exactly the same, the chest stripes, the vents, the nosecone...) I can't understand how they got away with it.

WHAT the F*CK???

I just spent all day putting this piece of sh!t together, and after deciphering the almost completely worthless 'directions,' the goddam thing doesn't even stay together worth of sh!t. How much glue did they use to keep their showcase mdoel together? I've spent the last few hours messing with it, and I've determined that it is physically impossible to keep this model together without glue. Do not waste the money on this goddam abortion of a lego set.

Crap-ass name, crap ass toy. I FINALLY got it to hold together, but it's sagging real bad and I'm afraid to breathe around it, and jet mode simply can't be done without glue. I'm thinking the white glue trick we all use on our 1/48 missiles might work... it shouldn't permanently bond to the plastic but provide enough to hold the parts together...

Edited by promethuem5

Guest Bromgrev
Am I the only one that thinks 'Van-Force' is a really silly name.

363116[/snapback]

For some reason, it makes the A Team theme tune start up in my head ... :ph34r: