Gaogaigar Final Genesis Transformable Toy

ychanus

What would you choose?

Voltron MP

Vs

GaoGaiGar Genesis Final Transformable.

361211[/snapback]

Voltron.

Genesic 3G is a tad overdone for my tastes. Honestly, hair?

Forearms also need a redesign. Cylinders are lame.

As far as Hell and Heaven goes...

http://licos.web.infoseek.co.jp/mia/other/GGGG/56.jpg

It can't QUITE get the fists together. It might be "close enough" though.

Why is there some forms with dolphins as shoulders and some with trains as shoulders? No i've not seen GGG but quite interested. The Toy Hammer + gauntlet addon bugs me. :p

There was another GGGG non transformable toy and i think that one looked better.

Edited by wolfx

Trains was the first GGG.

Dolphins is GGGG, Genesic Gao Gai Gar, the final form in the OVA.

The glove/hammer combo is Goldion Hammer, the "I win" kill move that GGG uses. But after seeing the OVA, what I REALLY wanna see is a Goldion Crusher, muahahaha :p

If this one could do a real Hell and Heaven with the hands clasped, I just might get it... till then, I'm still waiting for a cheap Max Factory to pop up, lol. So far the Max Factory one is the best rendition, albeit non-transformable and supposedly very fragile for a die-cast toy...

Edited by Akilae

I'm not too keen on the MP Voltron, but I'd have to go with a biased vote to Voltron, as he was a part of my childhood. That GGG does seem like a little much...

i am definetly getting this when the us stores start carrying it. i will post pictures when i do.

chris

Why is there some forms with dolphins as shoulders and some with trains as shoulders?

Because he did some parts swapping.

Genesic GGG is the big one with animals everywhere. Original 3G has vehicles that clip onto the lionbot. And then he swapped heads and forearms for fun.

No i've not seen GGG but quite interested.

I strongly recommend it. It's a damn fun show.

http://anime-in-action.edwardk.info/

Have to scroll down a bit, as GGGFinal is listed before the original series.

The Toy Hammer + gauntlet addon bugs me. :p

Yeah, the Goldion Hammer was a bit of an absurd upgrade, even for a super robot program. And it's one of the more obvious concessions to the toy line.

Official excuse was the backlash from the hammer was too powerful for Gaogaigar to bear by itself, so they needed an upgrade to use it. The hammer itself was needed because 3G's built-in killer move put too much strain on the pilot, and was gonna kill him eventually.

But they never did explain why the upgrade needed to be a triple-changer that transformed into a robot and a tank as well as a giant fist.

Basically, it was a way to make the new robot more appealing, since it turned into a weapon for Big G.

Edited by JB0

But they never did explain why the upgrade needed to be a triple-changer that transformed into a robot and a tank as well as a giant fist.

361323[/snapback]

Versatility?

361351[/snapback]

Well, given they could launch gear out of a rail gun and Big G could dock with it in mid-air(done regularly for the dividing driver), and Goldymarg was deployed to the battlefield by the same railgun, it always seemed that adding a transformation step was a tad... stupid.

And yes, I DO realize that picking on the logic of a children's show in a genre full of outright absurdities is a bit absurd to start with(especially since I'm not picking on the equally absurd Choryujin and Gekiryujin)(Gee, I really seem to like 'absurd' today).

I SHOULD just laugh at the anime-world logic that says you need to add legs and AI to a hammer. And I DID laugh when they introduced him, actually.

So I guess I'll drop it now.

lol! So you mean its not because they needed to transport the hammer in a truck? The robot mode doesn't help fight the enemy and merge with the GGG later on? They just launch it out of a cannon and merge with GGG mid flight? Man that's hilarious!

Sounds like toy marketing to me. ;)

lol! So you mean its not because they needed to transport the hammer in a truck? The robot mode doesn't help fight the enemy and merge with the GGG later on? They just launch it out of a cannon and merge with GGG mid flight? Man that's hilarious!

Sounds like toy marketing to me. ;)

361462[/snapback]

Pretty much. Except they launch him as a robot and after he lands, he has to jump BACK into the air for docking.

Sometimes Goldymarg helps fight, but not often. Given he's the only safe way for Guy to kill the zonder, they like to keep him out of the battle until the hammer is needed so he can't get damaged.

But yeah, it's definitely marketing.

Ooooo...the key!  I believe there was also a key made from Final as well.  And if I remember correctly some coffee mugs w/ the GGG logo on them.

Most of my GGG collection though is toys, cels, and of course the anime on DVD.

-RF

361484[/snapback]

Yah.

Bunch of nifty merchandise. Coffee mug included.

http://www.goshouworld.com/GaoGaiGar/merch_other.htm

Personally, I got nothin'. Just the fansubs. :(

That's the site I was thinking of :D

At least you have fansubs. I have HK's which sometimes are horrible at best lol.

I just rewatched the series last summer and I came to remember that GGG is NOT a show for anyone who has photosensitive seiures! Hell, I almost started wigging out a couple of times.

As far a playability goes, the Takara GGG is tops.

The CM GGG (and I'm assuming GGGG) is REALLY pretty to look at, and has almost spot-on combining. But as far as playability goes, it's a collectors toy.

-RF

Was reading up on that site. Wow...so the main character looks like some overdressed cyborg. I thought the main hero was more human looking. I saw some CMs pvc figures of him carrying the heroine in a wedding dress.

I was streaming down the mecha section and boy this show has lots of combiners...mostly symetrical double combiners. I saw bootlegs of these and now i know its from GGG. XD

But these combiners....do they really have a purpose for being in less than intimidating vehicle modes? I mean....we have a dump truck, a cement mixer....etc.....come on....that's hilarious. At least a tank or something. :lol: I know i know, transformers was like that too , but they use it to get around faster and as a disguise.

There's even a combiner team that becomes into a pair of pliers. :lol:

There are alot of ppl here who say GGG is nice, but it looks kinda fruity just from the char and mecha designs, that was what put me off at 1st. I'll make a point to get it off someone.

Don't let the mech designs turn you off from the series.  GGG is one of the BEST Brave shows that was made.  The series is actually very good, and I have yet to meet someone who saw the series and didn't like it.

-RF

361593[/snapback]

Hmmm.....another thing...what's this thing about BRAVES. Does anything that have a Lion Head as a chestpiece == Brave? :huh:

Was reading up on that site. Wow...so the main character looks like some overdressed cyborg.

He IS an overdressed cyborg.

Of course, a lot of the bulk is battle armor.

I thought the main hero was more human looking. I saw some CMs pvc figures of him carrying the heroine in a wedding dress.

That was out-of-continuity.

*spoiler*

He DOES get a new fleshy body back at the end of the series.

*/spoiler*

I was streaming down the mecha section and boy this show has lots of combiners...mostly symetrical double combiners. I saw bootlegs of these and now i know its from GGG. XD

Yah. 2 pairs of trucks(3 pair in Final), a cop car-motorbike-helicoptor set, and a lion-cyborg-train-jetplane-drilltankthingie combination, then Big G + a tank.

But these combiners....do they really have a purpose for being in less than intimidating vehicle modes? I mean....we have a dump truck, a cement mixer....etc.....come on....that's hilarious. At least a tank or something. :lol: I know i know, transformers was like that too , but they use it to get around faster and as a disguise.

HyoRyu and Enryu were designed primarily as support vehicles. Their main purpose is to protect civilians. Combat is a secondary role.

That's why you have a crane and a firetruck.

As far as FuRyu(cement mixer) and RaiRyu(dump truck)... well, they needed somewhere to stick the FuRyu's missile launcher, and RaiRyu... there's no excuse evident. They just wanted him to be construction equipment so he'd match his cement mixer "brother."

There's even a combiner team that becomes into a pair of pliers. :lol:

The dimension pliers aren't really relevant. Trust me.

No personality, and they show up all of... 3 times, I think. Once is just so they can get smashed.

As far as original series goes, the 4 Ryus, GoldyMarg, Mic Sounders, and Volfogg are the relevant 'bots. And Gaogaigar, of course.

There are alot of ppl here who say GGG is nice, but it looks kinda fruity just from the char and mecha designs, that was what put me off at 1st. I'll make a point to get it off someone.

It doesn't take itself very seriously. It's a super robot show, with all the cheese that entails.

You have shouted attack names, trademark killer moves, mechs ranging from utterly absurd to almost plausable if you're drunk, giant alien monsters, little children running around underfoot, and all that good stuff.

GGG isn't a deep program. There's no drama, the plot's paper-thin, plot twists are almost non-existant(and very deus ex machina when they DO show up), the good guys always win, the bad guys always lose, both sides are very clearly defined as heroes and villians, and so on.

You're not going to spend a lot of time thinking about it afterwards.

It's just fun to watch. And that's why it's recommended.

And Taiga rules!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mine should arrive to home for the end of the week if the post is not too slow...

rider faiz, nice pics, do u know if the little bad cut on the grey part on the feet can be removed easily ?

do you have some tips to break nothing in its first "gatai" ?

there are good pics of the gggg on this site : http://ooebi.sakura.ne.jp/toys/braves/GGG/GGGG/BRAVE03a.htm

mine should arrive to home for the end of the week if the post is not too slow...

rider faiz, nice pics, do u know if the little bad cut on the grey part on the feet can be removed easily ?

do you have some tips to break nothing in its first "gatai" ?

there are good pics of the gggg on this site : http://ooebi.sakura.ne.jp/toys/braves/GGG/GGGG/BRAVE03a.htm

369888[/snapback]

What is the cut that you're refering to?

Here is my tips when transforming the shoulders. Go VERY slow and don't force anything. It got to the point where I was studying the instructions for a good min, before messing w/ the toy.

Also when transforming the wings on Gadget Gao for the Gadget Feather, I found it was easier to have Gadget Gao not attached to GaiGar due to the such loose waist & knee joints. It was just easier overall to take off Gadget Gao from his back, transform the wings, then reattach.

-RF

Edited by Rider Faiz