Macross Fans Of The 80s

Agent-GHQ

Unix administrator, and general purpose IT whipping boy.

Get this - the COB of my company plays guitar and had a wild hair to start up a cover band about a year and a half ago. He's a millionaire, and can do whatever the hell he wants, so why not, right? So he finds out I used to teach guitar and gig all the time years ago, and now has me playing with them and so he books us gigs at this big convention we hold in Vegas every year (his name is on the building, so who's going to tell him "no"?). We're playing two dates next month in front of 13000 people ... It was 7000 last year ...

So I can add that to my list of job responsibilities, anyway. :p

It's completely crazy to think that I waited my entire life to play a crowd that size, and where do I get my chance? Working for a real estate company ... Life is nuts.

361198[/snapback]

That's an awesome story, lol. :D

let's see most of the time I am the Senior Art Director/creative director/co-owner of a company called FUSIONSTUDIO, mostly we do trade shows on large scales like SEMA,E3,impact,and some vegas theme stuff for the hotels,not as cool as some but I get to be an artist and moody :D

former helicopter pilot

Now real estate millionaire - now I fly my own helicopter  :D

360703[/snapback]

Man I want to be like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta' get into real estate someday. Or owning a franchise....

I'm still a lowly corporate jet pilot...

361432[/snapback]

Man I want to be like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta' get my license to fly someday.

I'm a lowly CaD designer...

:lol:

361444[/snapback]

LOL!

361532[/snapback]

Let's see... went to college to be a "lowly" corporate pilot. Got my commercial/ instrument ticket, then went on to get my airframe and powerplant mechanic license so I could fly 'em and fix 'em.... and am now Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a company that works with the DoD, and JPL :blink: ???? Pay could be better, but then again nothing pays in Vermont, and the property taxes suck!!!

At least I finally got my own plane this year. It's about as close to my dreams as I guess I'm going to get. It needs a paint job, so I'm thinking Low Viz :D

You gotta a website? I'd like to check out your work!

Sorry, Sithlord, not yet. BTW: Is any of our gifted Macrossworlders here a web designer? I can pay :lol: Seriously now, I do need a homepage.

I understand youre an artist too. Do you have a website? About you, Ali Sama? I didn't know there were so many comic makers around here. Or pilots :blink:

We should share our work in another tread.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Oh man, some of you guys have such interesting professions that just made me jealous.

Well for the past 10 years

IT system engineer - name sounds good but basically everybody's whipping boy for any IT or even non-IT problems. Funny that just coz you know computer people think you can fix electrical and mechancial problems.

Then moved on to be an IT consultant - pay was good but dam the travelling is just inhumane. Actually didn't think i did much as we had meetings from 9am - 5pm all the time.

Then an IT director for a supplier chain management software company. This job was pretty good as i got to tell people to do all the technical works and let me "space out" most of the time.

Now i own an online import/distribution company that focus on fashion business. Funny that it was my wife that got me into it as i know zip about fashion. Luckily i have people that know fashion and let me focus on the technical side of thing

But my main job is a husband and a dad for my 9 months old daughter.

With all these stress i'm glad there is macrossworld that can help me find out more about the story/toys/models and I bought some stuff from here as well.

Whew, i'm done with my boring life story. DAm i wish i am a pilot or the restaurant manager that is sick of hanging out with young chicks!!!!

I honestly don't know.  There is a website out there full of well endowed natural japanese chicks.  Try www.kimochiii.com or something to that effect.  Google it.  If not, PM me.  I have a link added to my favorites.  ;) I don't know how it got added, but it just showed up on there one day!  :p

361835[/snapback]

Thanks! :)

Might it be this girl?

Anna Ohura <----LINK WARNING! BIG NAKED BOOBS! IF YOU'RE NOT OVER 18 THEN DON'T FOLLOW LINK!

Now,..let's get back to topic. :D

I know it's a "natural" themed site, but those girls just seem unnatural! Not that it matters, or anything. There IS a real-life Mai Shiranui out there somewhere...

-Thanks for the link! ;)

Edited by myk

Whew, i'm done with my boring life story.  DAm i wish i am a pilot or the restaurant manager that is sick of hanging out with young chicks!!!!

361947[/snapback]

Trust me. Sticking it to these chicks and then trying to get them to clean something the next morning at work is more difficult than it seems. I guess if you were the type of Manager that didn't care about anything then it wouldn't matter, but I like to get those little rear-ends working. Relationships with clear boundaries can be a good thing...

Sounds interesting! Let us know of your progress.

Wow! It's encouraging to learn that most of us actually have a life  :p And interesting ones also!

I'm a comic books artist and writer for Dark Horse Comics. My editor learned that I am a Star Wars fan and since then I draw Star Wars stuff.

I had a nice talk with Ben Abernathy, the Robotech comics editor, and asked him for a chance to do some Robotech art but the creative team was already asembled. Nevermind, I'm finally beginning my own mecha series this year  :D

361573[/snapback]

Heh, got any "Grinder" or "Mooche" lately? Im' kidding and thanks for the input. And since I can't get it part-time, i'll just have to work full time at the dealer and keep my other full time job.

Word has it that a "GreenPea" sells better than the vet. Is that so or just an inside salesman joke? Anyhow, I was thinking about doing auto sells too, part-time though.
I am a car salesman for Saturn in Roseville, California.

361229[/snapback]

361544[/snapback]

NO in a sence it is true. this is because veterans (such as myself) know to much. One thing in this buisiness, is the less you know about the product, the easier it is for the product to sell itself. I am a year in the buisiness and senior sales person at my store. I do hold my own, but I have to greens beating me so far this month. Oh a word to the wise, there is no such thing as part-time car sales, at least in my neck of the woods.

361692[/snapback]

Kool, thanks for your well thought story. I dont think it was boring because it was interesting how Macross fans live their personal life and the balance of work and family.

Oh about the restaurant, it has been said that when you're in you may never want to go back as the young chicks are just too good to give up. :p

Oh man, some of you guys have such interesting professions that just made me jealous.

Well for the past 10 years

IT system engineer - name sounds good but basically everybody's whipping boy for any IT or even non-IT problems.  Funny that just coz you know computer people think you can fix electrical and mechancial problems.

Then moved on to be an IT consultant - pay was good but dam the travelling is just inhumane.  Actually didn't think i did much as we had meetings from 9am - 5pm all the time.

Then an IT director for a supplier chain management software company.  This job was pretty good as i got to tell people to do all the technical works and let me "space out" most of the time.

Now i own an online import/distribution company that focus on fashion business.  Funny that it was my wife that got me into it as i know zip about fashion.  Luckily i have people that know fashion and let me focus on the technical side of thing

But my main job is a husband and a dad for my 9 months old daughter.

With all these stress i'm glad there is macrossworld that can help me find out more about the story/toys/models and I bought some stuff from here as well.

Whew, i'm done with my boring life story.  DAm i wish i am a pilot or the restaurant manager that is sick of hanging out with young chicks!!!!

361947[/snapback]

I honestly don't know.  There is a website out there full of well endowed natural japanese chicks.  Try www.kimochiii.com or something to that effect.  Google it.  If not, PM me.  I have a link added to my favorites.  ;) I don't know how it got added, but it just showed up on there one day!  :p

361835[/snapback]

Thanks! :)

Might it be this girl?

Anna Ohura <----LINK WARNING! BIG NAKED BOOBS! IF YOU'RE NOT OVER 18 THEN DON'T FOLLOW LINK!

Now,..let's get back to topic. :D

361979[/snapback]

I don't think it is Anna Ohura. Sorry to be off topic. But here is the official link in case any other MW members want to view it. IF YOU ARE OVER 18 of course. :lol:

http://www.kimochi-ii.com/archives/cat_big_boobs_club.php

Once you see it, this is what your face will look like....... :blink:

Enjoy guys! :D

Good Lord, with that kind of salary from the job no wonder the 1/48 reached 88 pieces!! Haha keep it up bro. :blink:

Use to be:

-Manufacture Industrial Engineer for the Boeing Company

-Microsoft Bitch err contractor

-QA Engineer for dot bomb.

-QA/Tech Support for a small software engineering firm.

Now:

QA Lead Engineer for a company that does contracts for Autodesk.  Wait till you guys see ACAD 2007. ;)

361787[/snapback]

good to see some tv/film guys out there. i do some post-production/motion graphics work as well for a tv studio and run camera whenever they let me. eventually i'd like to save up and buy my own equipment so i can start working on indie films on the side.. ;) no transforming planes tho cuz my training didn't include 3D modeling

I don't think it is Anna Ohura.  Sorry to be off topic.  But here is the official link in case any other MW members want to view it.  IF YOU ARE OVER 18 of course.  :lol:

http://www.kimochi-ii.com/archives/cat_big_boobs_club.php

Once you see it, this is what your face will look like....... :blink:

Enjoy guys!  :D

362127[/snapback]

My face didn't look like.... :blink:

It looked like :huh::):D

thanks!!

We realy need to get back to the topic at hand.

Not my own hand or anything :unsure: I'm way past that age :lol:

man...I wanna go for a ride in a helicopter. Never done that.

362434[/snapback]

you must fly in a helicopter at least once in your life. Its an awesome exprience. Much better than flying in a commercial jet. Maybe not as fun as jet fighter though. I am saving so I can get my private liscense as a helicopter pilot. It costs a lot though. Almost 10K. When I get my liscense, Phatslappy, we will have to take a flight to vegas like some high rollers. If any of you guys are photographers, we can go and take aerial photos. Once I get my liscense of course.

Actually, I'd like to become a chopper pilot, although I know that the cost is very high. What are the physical requirements for this pilot class? I have really bad hearing and my eyes are starting to go...

Well, I'm pretty sure that the Navy would accept someone who had laser-optic surgery performed. I know that when I tried to enlist in the U.S. Army, my vision almost became an issue, but I was told that laser-surgery was starting to become accepted by the military...

Why not join the Navy and be a pilot?
A bum that does Polysomnograms, Graphic Design, Illustrations, and has a Pilots license.

I know I can do much more, but I'm too lazy... :)

362825[/snapback]

362872[/snapback]

only problem with that idea is you have to dedicate 6 years, deal with all the politics, and you have to be an American citizen wich I am not. I already did my 6 years in the army trying to be a pilot. I was going to reinlist as a warrent officer then realized that I would make a crap load more money as a civi. A lot of the pilots I worked with didnt even stay in. They did there 6 years and left. Not nocking the military though. I think its a great place to go as a young man and if I ever start a business, I would definatly prefer to hire vets than people just straight out of school. If you ever see that army commercial where the guy has to handle so much stuff and they ask if you can handle it, of course its easy for him. That commercial is soooo true for the most part. It just funny since I have been a civilian any job I work at when they have anything extra for you to do, they make it like a big deal. Im just like, sure, Ill do it and get the overtime while I at it.