What Current Anime Series Are You Watching?

Finished Gaogaigar yesterday: the first 20 eps or so become boring rather quickly but the show catch on pretty fast after this; it's really worth the watch in the end

I actually just finished watching this last weekend. I was absolutely not feeling the show for the first five or six episodes, but at some point it became infectious. By the end, I was shouting out battle moves along with the characters and loving the hot bloodedness of it all. :lol: Have you watched GAOGAIGAR FINAL yet? That is incredibly epic, and the true ending to the series. Believe in the OATH SWORN THROUGH COURAGE! This series is up there with Gurren Lagann (which I absolutely LOVED) for me.

I was so inspired, in fact, that I just spent a small fortune amassing GGG toys this week. :ph34r::unsure:

Edited by crasis

I was so inspired, in fact, that I just spent a small fortune amassing GGG toys this week. :ph34r::unsure:

My friend will be borrowing me Irresponsible Captain Tylor and GGG next weekend. Can't wait!

I actually just finished watching this last weekend. I was absolutely not feeling the show for the first five or six episodes, but at some point it became infectious. By the end, I was shouting out battle moves along with the characters and loving the hot bloodedness of it all. :lol: Have you watched GAOGAIGAR FINAL yet? That is incredibly epic, and the true ending to the series. Believe in the OATH SWORN THROUGH COURAGE! This series is up there with Gurren Lagann (which I absolutely LOVED) for me.

[...]

I'm half way into GGG Final and I like it: it differs from the original while being faithfull to it. I'll probably finish this one tonight

Otherwise, I recently watched Paranoia Agent and I strongly recommend it to everyone around: it's really a very, very good show, and probably the best Satoshi Kon directing I've seen so far. Don't miss it!

Just finished up Geass R2. Based on the overall silliness of the series, I was expecting the most retarded ending ever (and some people thought it was anyways)... but I was actually quite surprised, it was pretty good. I had previously thought about all the insane ways they could have wrapped things up, but the "final twist" was quite unexpected for me. :D

I'm fairly certain Lelouch is alive, doesn't Charles have to give the code to someone before he died?

The final scene was so ambiguously annoying, oh well, it opens up the possibility for OVA/new season/movie/etc I guess. <_<

Finished Code Geass R2. Some stuff unexplained but might be explained if you fan-wank the epilogue abit, notably C.C.'s contract. I thought the epilogue was better handled than Macross Frontier's, depite code geass being a train wreck. :D

Finished Code Geass R2. Although not as good as first season, but at least the ending is quite unexpected and good. Now everyone will start asking

'is Lelouch survive or not'

for many years to come. :p

After finishing MF (waiting for Lunar), I'm moving to Gundam 00, and perhaps Linebarrel of Iron.

Like alot of folks just finished up Macross Frontier. Watched the first episodes of Xam'd and Legend of Galactic Heroes (will be continuing these) and will start Tytania whenever it begins airing. Been thinking about starting Space Adventure Cobra; I love old school anime, has anyone seen and liked it?

Space Adventure Cobra's good oldskool stuff: watch it for a cool entertainment but nothing more (characters are the average heroes and villains, animation is average, plots are rather simple, etc); I do like the overal art and various designs though: this show is rich on these points, and some ideas (like the ultimate weapon, or the glass man, or the Zaval-0 robot, and many more) are original

Speaking of LoGH, I recently resumed my watching of this: I had to temporarily give up on it a while back around ep 45 but I'm now onto ep 54 and it's still a very good show as much on the war strategy aspects as on the social/politic side; some interesting thoughts onto the differences between democracy and dictatorship too. I've been very surprised by the recent events/evolution of the war between the Alliance and the Empire, as well as with the impact of these onto the main characters, Weng Li and Reinhardt: I really do wonder what will happen next...

Otherwise, I'm still onto Ah! My Goddess: it's funny but tends to be heavy sometimes; fortunately, a new character has been introduced lately and he, or rather 'she', makes things better

Alright just went by http://that.animeblogger.net/2008/10/03/th...d-kuroshitsuji/ and it got me curious anybody heard of Casshern? It seems to be a continuation of some old anime, heck the "eye candy" on the thing screams old school to me. I was wondering if some of our senior members have heard or seen the prequel or whatever of this anime. :D

Also went by http://psgels.blogsome.com/2008/10/02/some...abane-hime-aka/ IMHO Shikabane Hime: Aka seems to be a good watch. Girl with guns PLUS monsters is just right my alley. :D

EDIT:

BTW.....@wolfx: you might actually like Shikabane Hime: Aka, since according to this http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/10/02...ne-hime-aka-01/ it has a Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi vibe, especially with the presence of an undead heroine. :D

Edited by grss1982

Alright just went by http://that.animeblogger.net/2008/10/03/th...d-kuroshitsuji/ and it got me curious anybody heard of Casshern? It seems to be a continuation of some old anime, heck the "eye candy" on the thing screams old school to me. I was wondering if some of our senior members have heard or seen the prequel or whatever of this anime. :D

[...]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...name?q=Casshern

I just saw the live action movie: it was interesting visually, but that was all... Maybe the TV series is better because of its length though

EDIT:

BTW.....@wolfx: you might actually like Shikabane Hime: Aka, since according to this http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/10/02...ne-hime-aka-01/ it has a Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi vibe, especially with the presence of an undead heroine. :D

Yeah that's on my watch list being GAINAX and all.

Xam'd is the show I am watching every week along with Frontier. Its not "knock my socks off" like Eureka Seven was for me, but its solid and its good.

Yeah...I just started watching this show & I found it by chance at YouTube and so far the animation is top notch. Funny, it reminds me alot of Last Exile in which how this whole thread had started.

Wow, I'm starting to watch Legend of Galactic Heroes, thanks for the Central Anime subs. Just watch the first episode, and I'm starting to like it. Both sides have their own pieces of problems, although Alliance has a bigger one, with incompetent officials and deaths of talented people. Second episode is going to be epic! :)

Wow, I'm starting to watch Legend of Galactic Heroes, thanks for the Central Anime subs. Just watch the first episode, and I'm starting to like it. Both sides have their own pieces of problems, although Alliance has a bigger one, with incompetent officials and deaths of talented people. Second episode is going to be epic! :)

Your gonna enjoy the fortress game there ^_^

I've taken a look to the latest Casshern series (Shinsen subs) and it looks really good to me for a first ep: overall art is rather similar to Gurren-Lagann and plot looks like being full of mysteries; I think I'll follow this one

Otherwise, I'm still onto Ah! My Goddess (which seriously tends to be boring now...) and onto LoGH (which ownz, like everybody here knows...)

I've taken a look to the latest Casshern series (Shinsen subs) and it looks really good to me for a first ep: overall art is rather similar to Gurren-Lagann and plot looks like being full of mysteries; I think I'll follow this one

I can't say anything about the new Casshern reminded me of Gurren Lagann, but it looks interesting enough. Artistically, it reminds me alot of that American faux-anime that's become popular in the past decade.

Started a new anime from this season. Kannagi Crazy Shrine Maidens. Pretty funny show done by Kyoto Animation. Then there's the sequel to Clannad, Clannad After Story. Have not watched Casshern:Sins and that Index show....will check it out tonight.

I can't say anything about the new Casshern reminded me of Gurren Lagann, but it looks interesting enough. Artistically, it reminds me alot of that American faux-anime that's become popular in the past decade.

Well, I didn't see GL since a while so I may do some mistake here...

I wasn't sure what to think about the new Casshern after watching the first episode. However, if episode 2 is any indication, it may be one hell of a show.

Its certainly a visual feast for the eyes. Simple retro character designs combined with the usual high standard of Madhouse animation, with some somber, desolate and somewhat impressionistic backgrounds. I just hope they introduce some story within the next few episodes. Is "What the heck did Casshern do?" going to be the main thrust of the show, or is there some other tangent that the show will take?

Its certainly a visual feast for the eyes. Simple retro character designs combined with the usual high standard of Madhouse animation, with some somber, desolate and somewhat impressionistic backgrounds. I just hope they introduce some story within the next few episodes. Is "What the heck did Casshern do?" going to be the main thrust of the show, or is there some other tangent that the show will take?

Don't know, but it certainly seems like they are aiming for a tragedy/redemption story. And I certainly felt the tragedy in the second episode.

[...] "What the heck did Casshern do?" [...]

On this point, I did yesterday the mistake to go onto the ANN entry for this series: I warn you, it's full of spoilers... <_<

Don't know, but it certainly seems like they are aiming for a tragedy/redemption story. And I certainly felt the tragedy in the second episode.

It was very palpable indeed: this series smells 'win'

While I'm at it, I found onto /m/chan another guy who, like me, finds that Casshern Sins looks like GL... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I recently watched the latest Evangelion movie: it's well done and very pretty, a lot of money and talent are abviously behind it, but it's still as much boring as it used to be

Also watched the Toward the Terra movie from 1980: it is also very pretty and presents some interesting ideas but I found hard to get into it, probably because of its pacing which is rather slow. Though, it got me interested enough to order the 3 volumes of the original manga published by Vertical. I still have to watch the TV series too

Will probably watch the Lensman movie tonight

I checked out the wiki entry for the new series, and it gives what I would call light spoilers (a little background on what was going on). I'm not sure if its a "this is what happened" or "this is what everyone *believes* happened".

Up to episode 12 of Xam'd Lost Memories and it's all good!! ^_^ Just started Ga-Rei-Zero and I'm up to the 2nd episode. Man this series has had 2 "WHAT THE HECK?!!" moments and it's only been two episodes!! I'm confused does anybody out there know what's going on with this show?

Did the entire team get killed in the first episode? Is that a new team in episode 2?

:blink: