What Current Anime Series Are You Watching?

Speaking of Shin Getter Robo, I'm currently rewatching Getter Robo Armageddon nowadays: it still ownz as hell. I still have to watch Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo-Getter Robo while I'm at it: by the way, which one is the prequel/sequel?

Otherwise, I'm on Ragnarök The Animation: it's the usual heroic fantasy RPGish anime, so far nothing great, but nothing bad either...

All of the new getter series are re-telling, however Armageddon, Neo vs Shin and New getter all are based on the shin getter manga at some point.

Watched the 2 eps of Detroit Metal City currently out. Really hilarious! About a country boy who goes to Tokyo to live his dreams of singing in a swedish pop band but through circumstances ends up as a popular Death Metal vocalist, Johann Krauss II. :lol:

A must watch for fans of Death Metal and humor alike. :D

The live action show apparently made it big in japan.

Watched the 2 eps of Detroit Metal City currently out. Really hilarious! About a country boy who goes to Tokyo to live his dreams of singing in a swedish pop band but through circumstances ends up as a popular Death Metal vocalist, Johann Krauss II. :lol:

A must watch for fans of Death Metal and humor alike. :D

The live action show apparently made it big in japan.

haha. never heard of this before. what an interesting concept. :D is the series ongoing, or is it completed already?

haha. never heard of this before. what an interesting concept. :D is the series ongoing, or is it completed already?

Still ongoing. 2 eps out so far. Don't bother with the OVA as its just spliced scenes from eps 1 and 2. Comparison shots of the live action

castmatsuyamaphotons7.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Still ongoing. 2 eps out so far. Don't bother with the OVA as its just spliced scenes from eps 1 and 2. Comparison shots of the live action

just wiki'd it, and found out that Gene Simmons played a role in the movie?! wow. and as the devil rock god, no less! :p

gotta see this anime and movie. :D

The actor looks awful familiar, though... if i would guess, he's the same actor who played L in the deathnote live-action movies.

EDIT: after wiki... yup, it's him!

Edited by dreamweaver13

After Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo (good stuff, but not as much as Armageddon, still very enjoyable...) I'm onto Android Ana Maico 2010: it's rather funny but a bit heavy sometimes; eps are short though (about 15mins each) so it should be a quick run...

GOLGO 13!!!

Thus far this is my second favorite anime show to date, the first being SDFM.

Its like turbo naked chicks with maximum extreme violence.. If someone cut the credits off and showed it to me late at night, I would think it was just a dream.

Well if you like chicks with maximum extreme violence you might wanna take a look see at Black Lagoon. I know its 2006 vintage, but still its AWESOME!!!! It has 2 seasons and a Third Season is planned as well.

I created a thread about it when it was still airing, and first time I saw it I said to myself: Hey, this show is AWESOME!!! A1 might actually like it. :lol:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=408001

Edited by grss1982

I'm still watching Blue Gender, and I want to scream like mad at this **** Yuji character, I think he's the most gayest anime character I've ever seen.

I'm watching Lucky Star now, just to take a break from mecha anime.

I'm onto Star Ocean EX atm: it's decent so far but tends to become boring quickly, therefore I only watch eps in pairs instead of bunches

In the meanwhile, I play Doom in HD with Doomsday: this is pure ownage

Edited by Gui

Reading some of the latest posts I feel like I'm letting the side down with my viewing habits of late.

I've taken a holiday from teenage angst powered mecha and have been taking in a bit of kawaii & Yuko Goto :wub:

I've recently finished watching Lamune, Mizuiro, Yotsunoha (all with Yuko) & Girl's High and am currently watching Hidamari Sketch x365, Strike Witches (pantsu heaven :p ), Zettai Karen Children (loli heaven) & Penguin Masume Heart (just plain crazy).

I'll butch up in a few weeks and take on some more Gundam or the likes although I've got Manabi Straight & DearS waiting in the wings so I might just kawaii on for a bit longer B))

Moonlight Mile tends to become heavy rather fast. It has its good points though...

I finished Star Ocean EX yesterday: it was a bit painful all along because of the nothingness of the plot, characters, settings, ideas, etc. Some funny moments save this show of being a complete waste but nothing more

I'm onto Gaogaigar (6 eps so far) and it's good :)

Thanks to whoever recommended Mnemosyne its been a fun watch I'm up to episode 3, and I'm about to start with episode 4. :ph34r:

For something soo gruesome and cringe inducing, I was still hooked by the story. :D It did help that I liked Claymore (both manga and anime), thus I could stomach some of the stuff that happens in the anime. :lol: Also the character art was nice. :)

Also I really liked how Mamiko Noto handled the voicing for the lead character, Rin Asōgi. :)

Edited by grss1982

Thanks to whoever recommended Mnemosyne its been a fun watch I'm up to episode 3, and I'm about to start with episode 4. :ph34r:

For something soo gruesome and cringe inducing, I was still hooked by the story. :D It did help that I liked Claymore (both manga and anime), thus I could stomach some of the stuff that happens in the anime. :lol: Also the character art was nice. :)

Also I really liked how Mamiko Noto handled the voicing for the lead character, Rin Asōgi. :)

Mnemosyne is a treat all the way through. Glad to see someone else picked it up.

Anyone else here watching World Destruction? It seems rather unpopular judging from the lack of art on Danbooru. It's a pretty good show for a game based anime.

Ryoko's Case Files is interesting. Nothing ground breaking, but amusing.

I've also been catching up on Zero no Tsukaima. I'm almost to the third series.

Of course, there's MF and Code Geass.

Mnemosyne is pretty awesome. I can't really grade what this show is. Its sorta dark,violence,sex,detective noir kinda thing with elements of sci fi and fantasy.....lol it has everything!! And speaking of sex, the show was close to being some kinda hentai feature with all the gratuious amounts of yuri, bdsm, and whatnots. But awesome show! Nice albeit kinda tragic ending. :(

Watching Might Gaine now, anyway my next series I'm watching after Frontier is:

- Linebarrels of Iron

- Tytania

You gotta increase your list. :D

Here's mine reposted from 4 pages ago.

Watch list:

Tytania - the most of the key people of macross (without Kawamori)? Do want.

Bonen No Xamdou - already watching...and its pretty awesome

Shikabane Hime - GAINAX....nuff said.

Gundam 00 S2 - sequel.

Today in class 5-2 - after Minami-ke, i can't pass this one up

Nodame Cantabile :Paris Chapter - sequel

Clannad After Stoy - sequel

Checking out:

Kurogane no Linebarrel - mecha. I like mecha. Mmmm.

Ga Rei Zero - sonds interesting.

Kannagi - previous director and staff to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. Deserves some recon.

Toradora - Moe tsundere taiga.

Ride Back - Transforming ride armour? Why not?

Chaos Head - sounds like an interesting suspense thriller.

Finished Gaogaigar yesterday: the first 20 eps or so become boring rather quickly but the show catch on pretty fast after this; it's really worth the watch in the end

I'll begin Paranoia Agent 'soon'

Mnemosyne is a treat all the way through. Glad to see someone else picked it up.

Glad to see that there is else someone beside wolfx and me who watched it. :D I felt kinda uncomfortable at first on watching this, since no one talks about this in animesuki, where i sometimes frequent. I had thought it was no good since it wasn't talked about over there.

Mnemosyne is pretty awesome. I can't really grade what this show is. Its sorta dark,violence,sex,detective noir kinda thing with elements of sci fi and fantasy.....lol it has everything!! And speaking of sex, the show was close to being some kinda hentai feature with all the gratuious amounts of yuri, bdsm, and whatnots. But awesome show! Nice albeit kinda tragic ending. :(

IIRC, correctly it was from your post that I heard this anime. Thanks for leading me to it. ^_^

ANYWAYS............

So I finally found the time to watch SDFM, and I just finished watching episode 25 last Saturday. (hehehehehe) I hope to finish 26 to 36 by the end of this week just in time for the subs of MF Episode 25 to come out.

BTW....My Jumbled Thoughts on the 25 episodes of SDFM I've watched so far:

* Kaifun is GHEY!!!! That punk really needs to die, IMHO. <_< He really earned by ire when he talked trash to my childhood hero, Roy Fokker, the most GAR character of SDFM. :wub: To add insult to injury Kaifun made those remarks to Roy on Episode 18, teh Pineapple Salad episode. :( Peacenik PUNK!!!! :angry:

* LOL I finally got what the joke was on the Macross Frontier Threads about steak being a sort of death flag.

* Max is a freaking SHOW OFF!!! :lol: Using Battroid mode on his first mission with Kakikazi & Hikaru. Also, were those missiles mounted on the vertical fins of his VF-1? O_o

* FAST Pack makes its debut!!! O_o Quite a short debut though. <_<

* Laplamiz is as HOT as Millia, IMHO. So does that mean I was a Kamjin clone in another life? LOL!!!

* Vrlitwhai Kridanik is DA MAN!!!! :ph34r: IMHO, second most GAR character in SDFM.

* Mecha to Mecha Combat, VF Video Game & finally Knife Fight as Mating Rituals is so AWESOME!!!! :lol:

* VF-1 Honor Guard FTW!!!!

* Misa Hayase!!!! Nuff said.

Edited by grss1982

i too watched mnemosyne and its an ok series.

i dropped watching alot of series but here are what im still following

blade of the immortal

naruto shippuden

bleach

macross frontier

code geass R2

been downloading blassreiter up to ep 16 but havent watched after ep 9. (i refuse to watch this at low quality videos like on you tube or crunchy roll)

also how do you watch your anime? do you download like i do or watch it on a website?

any good sites that let you watch on high quality videos?

Is anyone expecting Linebarrels to be good?

I saw a trailer and it just looked liked more of the same Eva/Rahxephon etc style anime. :(

Not sure what to expect. Will definately check it out. But its Gonzo....expect BAD END. What more with the recent buyout of GDH....wonder if it will effect the production of the anime.

Is anyone expecting Linebarrels to be good?

I saw a trailer and it just looked liked more of the same Eva/Rahxephon etc style anime. :(

Well, the manga is good, I don't know whether the anime wil be faithful to the manga storyline. All I know is that they will throw more fanservice for the anime.