What Current Anime Series Are You Watching?

just watched Azumanga Dia.aho..oh? Azumanga. I liked it, definately a change from my usual style of killy, bloody, deathy, nonsense anime that i watch

Also making my way through Nadia

I'm watching through Orguss & am about to start Lost Universe. Just finished Nadesico, Slayers Next, & Scrapped Princess (a much better show than I was expecting). Still haven't started GTO, but it's on my to do list.

I'm finishing Patlabor TV and i'm rewatching Berserk and Lodoss OVA. I've been feeling lately like watching traditional fantasy anime, but these are the only 2 i know. Anyone have any good sugestions?

Has anyone seen Ghost In The Shell, the TV series (seasons 1 and 2)? Is it worth watching?

I've seen both. I would say they are probably 2 of the best sci-fi series release in the last several years. They really have a more realistic view of the future and how technology integrated into society. But, they are quite complex and at times a bit confusing.

Edited by RDClip

For some not quite so traditional fantasy anime, in fantasy anime clothing, I'd definately reccomend Scrapped Princess. I also enjoyed Petite Princess Yucie, and if you want to mix in a little mecha into your fantasy, you could go for Dunbine or Escaflowne. Then of course there are standards like Slayers.

Gunslinger Girl 2nd season....very disappointing and the 1st season was superior. Animation studio has changed, voice actors has changed....the whole feel has changed. Gah. Now its just loli with guns. Just loli with guns.

ANd this season nothing much...seems like i'm catching up with last season so i'm filled with romance comedies and high school stuff like Bamboo Blade, Kimi Kiss and Myself Yourself.

My anime watching is on life support. Nothing is really appealing to me at moment. Watched some of Macross Frontier, that was of course, cool. But other than that? Meh Waiting for the 4th part of the Hokuto No Ken pentalogy to come out. Which I think is in March.

EDIT: didn't know where to put this but for the old fart anime watchers like myself lol

Yoshiaka Kawajiri movies remastered box set

This is from CDJapan' s description. Amazon JP is cheaper.

DVD box set from director Yoshiaki Kawajiri includes his classic films "Wicked City," "Demon City Shinjuku," and "Cyber City Oedo 808." All DVDs remastered from a new print and feature English-language dubs.
Edited by dejr8bud

Gunslinger Girl 2nd season....very disappointing and the 1st season was superior. Animation studio has changed, voice actors has changed....the whole feel has changed. Gah. Now its just loli with guns. Just loli with guns.

I didn't realize there was a 2nd season. I liked the 1st one, even though it left out alot from the manga.

Currently Watching Orguss. Finished Episode #8

Just started watching Robotech: The Shadow Chronicals Movie......it is pretty awesome. THANKS Chowser!!! :ph34r:

I didn't realize there was a 2nd season. I liked the 1st one, even though it left out alot from the manga.

I have the manga and watched the anime. I feel they were exactly the same except the anime left out the arc involving the dead Fratello.

I have the manga and watched the anime. I feel they were exactly the same except the anime left out the arc involving the dead Fratello.

:blink: What you talkin' about Willis?

The amine elaborated on Elsa de Silva more than the manga did. The manga told Elsa's story in a kind of flashback way and concentrated more on the investigation and didn't show any missions involving her & Lauro & how he ignored her like the anime did.

The other major deviation from the manga is that Ange doesn't die which makes me wonder how they are going to deal with that in the 2nd season anime as they show her in a promo shot of the girls.

Currently Watching Orguss. Finished Episode #8

Hopefully you're having better luck than I am. Disc 2 glitched out on my regular DVD player for the first couple episodes, but played fine on my PC & PS3, disc 3 locks up towards the end of episode 12 on every playing I've tried it on, and disc 7 has some problems with the last next ep preview on the disc. Right now I'm waiting to hear if I can exchange just those 3 disc's. Don't know if I trust the format enough to do a full set exchange, & wind up with other randomly defective disc's....why couldn't they have gone with a factory pressing! I'd easily have payed $100 more for real disc's.

:blink: What you talkin' about Willis?

The amine elaborated on Elsa de Silva more than the manga did. The manga told Elsa's story in a kind of flashback way and concentrated more on the investigation and didn't show any missions involving her & Lauro & how he ignored her like the anime did.

The other major deviation from the manga is that Ange doesn't die which makes me wonder how they are going to deal with that in the 2nd season anime as they show her in a promo shot of the girls.

You're probably right about the Elsa bit. Its been awhile but I was reading the manga straight after the 1s season anime so I sorta remmebered that part was the main difference otherwise everything else was same.

Angelica was not dead by the end of season 1 although the whole Ode To Joy bit sorta hinted it. Angelica is still alive in season 2 since she's part of the credits in the show, voiced yet again by another person.

I have seen a lot anime, old and new but here is the current, ok I read every body post just to see whats good to see and download. but heres whats on my OWN LIST.

JUBI CHAN 1 &2, pure girl katana kicking @ss anime with the best jap comedy I have yet to come over. 5 out 5 stars

paprika, just got it because every body said it was good, frankly im a little scared to watch it.

macross Frontier, F@c( yhea, if you dont watch this you better kill your self. 5 out 5 stars.

my z hime my otome, I watch it to pass time, and when I got nothing else better to do.2.5 out 5 stars

ah my godess, if your love sick, then watch this, 5 0ut 5.

THE GIRL WHO LEAP THROUGH TIME, NICE AND CUTE, WATCH IT, 5 0UT 5 STARS.

5 CM PER 1 SEC, WATCH IT, JUST WATCH IT, NO MECHA, NO ACTION, JUST REAL LIFE, 5 OUT 5 STARS.

Voices of a distant star, great story, mecha art sucks, but watch it you will not waste your time trust me on this one. 5 out 5 stars.

Peach Girl super pop love hurricane, unless you got nothing nothing else to do and have unlimited rentals go ahead rent this one but be warned that this one is a chick anime with worthless drama that will get you glued, no comment on how many stars.

more to come, must sleep and watch more anime.

• 3 weeks later...
Just started watching Robotech: The Shadow Chronicals Movie......it is pretty awesome. THANKS Chowser!!! :ph34r:

Dude, Ryno, you actually liked the shadow chronicles movie?! I don't know if we can be friends anymore! :lol: But that is cool, at least some people like it. Hopefully you wont hate me for hating it. But I don't know if I can trust you anymore man. :ph34r:

Just watched Paprika last night. I really liked this anime! Great story, great animation, great characters, great concept. Four thumbs up from this monkey!

EDIT:

I have to note here that this movie does have one fault of suffering from "Fatism" and is very cruel to fat people. I would be embarrassed to watch this with any of my obese friends and think that this type of "humor" is just about as inappropriate as most racist "comedy" from the early 1900s.

Edited by miriya

I recently watched Zipang which had a great start but ended in a fish tail: 'hope there will be a second season, otherwise I'll have to check the manga

Otherwise, 2 short things : Sorcerer on the Rocks (rather funny but pretty forgettable) and Dragon Century (which presents some originality)

I began Birdy the Mighty yesterday and I plan to finish it today: it has some good moments and a very clean animation but seems to be a very average plot

Next, I'll finally take the time to watch Mazinger Z

there's nothing to be afraid of in Paprika, it's a lot less heady than it seems. there's an "oh sh!t" moment here or there but nothing that'll make you drill out your brain with a mikita.

I think the best thing in paprika is the music, i thought it was really catchy.

Just started watching Code Geass. This series really has an awesome start and nice story. Although I wonder if the whole overall story could be seen as politically offensive or demeaning in some ways. The plot twists are pretty sweet and I'm only in the first 4 episodes. I would didn't I find this anime sooner?

Edited by SuperHobo

Just started watching Code Geass. This series really has an awesome start and nice story. Although I wonder if the whole overall story could be seen as politically offensive or demeaning in some ways. The plot twists are pretty sweet and I'm only in the first 4 episodes. I would didn't I find this anime sooner?

You're in for a ride. Strap your seatbelts on. I think somewhere around episode 20 will make you go "OMFG....noooo...."

;)

Oh its a cliffhanger ending but season 2 starts this April. Lucky you.