Just Came Back From Japan With A New Toy

peter

It took some time to just slap it together actually, never mind taking the time to trim and repaint. If I wasn't so lazy, I would probably would take the time to trim all the nubs from removing it from the sprues, file down some of the rough edges, and re-paint some of the parts where I left nasty cut marks.....but again, I'm too lazy and it looks more or less fine without having to do all that.

It's a lot heavier and bigger than I thought it would be. It's got a sick amount of detail. From the pictures, you'd think it's already pretty detailed, but the whole thing comes apart with stuff inside you can't see from my pictures! There is detail on parts where you're never going to look. I just removed the outer panels to show some of the guts of the ship, but there are panels underneath panesl underneath more panels! You can break down the superstructure and it even looks like they attempted to detail the bridge area.

I can't even guess what the part count is for this box-toy. All I can say is, it's a lot. If I were to break down the entire toy and laid out the peices, I doubt i'd be able to reassemble it, let alone recognize all the parts. The individual sections of the ship come partially assembled. The guns on the side of the ship are the biggest pain in the ass. It takes a bit of trial and error to fit all the parts together, overall, it stays together.

Anyways, worth the 4,000 yen. Worth every yen.

By the way, it's not all there. I left the tiny fighters out of the pics...too lazy to take them all off the sprues right now....

Edited by peter

Sweet!

I just ordered mine yesterday.......I'm pretty stoked about the Andromeda coming this year too.

EDIT: I'm HATING that huge gap below the fourth turret. WHY?!~?!?

Edited by UN Spacy

Jesus. Can you even imagine how awesome the Andromeda is going to be? Asides from the model kit there's no other rendition of that ship, especially one as detailed to the point of having a cutaway underneath its skin.

How much did it cost 'ya anyway?

Edited by myk

I was told that these are considered gasphons and packed as eight sections to a case. Do you know if each case contains a complete ship?

360258[/snapback]

The mechanic file is not sold like standard gashapon, each box of eight pieces gives you the full set.

Standard - in stock,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN937843

Transparent - April,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN940514

I ordered a standard set last night. :D

Only reason that is stoping me from picking this up, is I already have the SOP Yamato. It's the same length but the SOP has tons of diecast, lights, sounds, and badassery...yes I said badassery. I don't CARE if it's not an actual word :p

Being able to take the panels all the way off to display the guts of the ship is nice though. And I will DEFENTANTLY pick up Andromeda when that is released.

-RF

Only reason that is stoping me from picking this up, is I already have the SOP Yamato.  It's the same length but the SOP has tons of diecast, lights, sounds, and badassery...yes I said badassery.  I don't CARE if it's not an actual word :p

Being able to take the panels all the way off to display the guts of the ship is nice though.  And I will DEFENTANTLY pick up Andromeda when that is released.

-RF

361090[/snapback]

I also have the SOP Yamato and decided to pick up the Yamato Mechanic File as well. The thought of the Andromeda and Yamato together (because Bandai is too lazy to release a SOP Andromeda) is just too good to pass up.

BTW. If you could show me where all the "tons of diecast" is on the SOP Yamato that'd be great. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. Thanks.

Aw, that sucks.  Does the lack of diecast detract from the toy at all?

361098[/snapback]

Diecast is way overrated in my book. The details are mooshy and the paint always chips. The heft is nice and sometimes it's neccisary to balance out a toy but that's about it. <_<

Only reason that is stoping me from picking this up, is I already have the SOP Yamato.  It's the same length but the SOP has tons of diecast, lights, sounds, and badassery...yes I said badassery.  I don't CARE if it's not an actual word :p

Being able to take the panels all the way off to display the guts of the ship is nice though.  And I will DEFENTANTLY pick up Andromeda when that is released.

-RF

361090[/snapback]

I also have the SOP Yamato and decided to pick up the Yamato Mechanic File as well. The thought of the Andromeda and Yamato together (because Bandai is too lazy to release a SOP Andromeda) is just too good to pass up.

BTW. If you could show me where all the "tons of diecast" is on the SOP Yamato that'd be great. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. Thanks.

361094[/snapback]

Well you see...ummmm....ahhh....hmmm...okay, I was at work when I made the post and well, I guess I was also daydreaming at work, because the SOP actually doesn't have diecast. Oops :blink:

I know my Arcadia has diecast, and for some reason, I thought the Yamato had it too. I guess that'll teach me lol.

-RF

I too find diecast highly over-rated.  IMHO, it simply means "less precise casting and coarse details, for increased weight."   Give me finely-molded, detailed plastic.

361227[/snapback]

I'm waiting for the day where some toy comes with forged instead of cast bits...

361269[/snapback]

rob beers was almost done recasting the entire 1/55 vf..... I want to do it in aluminum rather than resin... the ultimate lawn dart!.. there can be only one :lol: