1/48 Gbp Issues

promethuem5

Hi all,

I just got my 1/48 GBP today from BBTS and love it. While putting it on my valk tho, I noticed two issues that I wanted to warn you guys about. The first is a delicate piece. The chest missile mounting plates move forward when you open the doors so the missiles stick out more. The only problem is that this is worked by a very small Y-shaped bar inside the chest. When putting the missiles in teh chest, you need to be extra careful that you push them in perfectly straight with the hole or they won't go in easily and the force will transfer into the plate, pushing it back into the Y bar and snapping off the tab. I did this by accident and had to open up the chest, remove the missiles plates, and drill a hole in both parts of the tab to pin it back onto place, now much stronger than it was before. It's not a horribly flawed piece, just not the strongest thing in the world, so use caution.

Second is a much more irritating thing. My GBP was missing the bag of smaller missiles (style "B" in the instructions) which go in the shoulder missile pods. BBTS has offered to send me replacement parts when they restock, but until then, I have no missiles for the shoulders of my armor.

Otherwise, this an absolutely amazing toy, and probably my favorite Yamato product ever for being so gorgeous. I really can't wait for Takatoys to make a sticker sheet and for someone to recast the new DYRL hands because they are simply beautiful.

Just a friendly warning for those of you cracking open your new GBPs.

Yeah, I figured it out the second time around.... it's also really important to have them aligned properly with the holes, because otherwise it wont fit in right and do exactly what it did. Suffice to I don't think they will ever be comming back out though... I just hope BBTS gets a restock soon so I can get my shoulder missiles.

I busted mine off too. (The tiny "Y" hinge inside the chest).

BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL fellow macross fans.

But behold. Once you have it together, the GMB is a work of art. Breathtaking.

And...I am sorry you are missing your B missiles! That is very Toymani of Yamato to do that. :D

Ignacio, it's those four screws on the back onf the grey part. Just note that it is still tricky to get off because they white part of the armored canopy cover sits on a long flat tab to hold it on there, it will sound like it's snapping when you take it off but it isn't, it's a very shallow tab.

Wow, this thing is cool, but bew mindful of your thoughs young padawans! If you push too hard when loading the missiles in the chest plate, the plate might just jump the hook mechanism. This mechanism enables the chest plate missiles to move outwards while openning the "butterfly" missil bay doors.

I had to disassemble the chest armor to fix this problem. there are plenty of missiles included with the BGP armor, just try another missil if another one does not fit.

By all means, this armor is amazing and beyond my expectations. Yamato gets extra points for this one. I got 6 of these armors. Why? because they never existed before. Not to me, and I can't go to Walmart and buy it anyways.

Man, my 1S looks mounstrous, next to my strike valkyrie.

I highly recommend this armor!

your 1/48 will never be the same!

That's exactly the problem I was posting to warn about, except when I did it, it didn't jump the hook, it snapped it clean off.

And 1/1, not at all, BBTS is and always has been my first choice in online toy purchasing. I got a response last night within about ten minutes of sending my email about the missing parts offering store credit or a replacement when they restocked.

Hey People!!!!

Glad to hear that everybody is very pleased with the new GBP, it really does seem that it's THE DADDY :)

I have a question: Since our beloved Valk Exchange closed where do you suggest I should purchase this Masterpiece? What's this BBTS?....Toy Store is probably what TS stands for but you guys gotta give me some directions 'cause I just got to have this beauty :D

Thanks for all the pictures, reviews and kind warnings folks

Sorry for the missiles Promethuem 5 :(

Lt. Adamovic, BBTS is a good place to buy from.

Fast and good customer service.

I ordered the SOC Grendizer with all Spizer set at a good price and had a very good customer service relation, when I had a problem with Grendizer.

Edited by Dangaioh

And 1/1, not at all, BBTS is and always has been my first choice in online toy purchasing. I got a response last night within about ten minutes of sending my email about the missing parts offering store credit or a replacement when they restocked.

Yeah I was only joking of course. :) Didnt mean to scare off anyone from buying from them or anything, for those others who may have got the wrong idea from my comment. - joke only.

The GBP is very droolworthy. I wonder if we will see the armor for the upcoming vf0, too?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I want this GBP but the price is insulting. But now I am afraid that this will become more expensive coz I only see only two on ebay. Should I wait a couple of months or just buy the damn armor?

360186[/snapback]

IMO yes I concur the price IS insulting. <_< We all know Yamato is milking the corefan base... sadly, most of us accept it and just purchase the toys anyways. :rolleyes:

As such, one thing to consider is whether or not you have excess income/funds available now to spend on one 1/48 GBP. If you do AND you are willing to spend them, after researching which places offer the best deal, place your order.

Will the GBP become expensive in the foreseeable future, possibly, but I would not base my decision to purchase it on this. IMO Yamato will certainly reissue this in the future, the question is when. I would recommend waiting if you do not have the funds available now. Good luck! :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

You recasters might wanna get started on this piece. I can see why it's being hailed as Yamato's next B-Tab. I can't believe they could make the chest missiles a better fit.

360269[/snapback]

Wow, I should've taken a picture of this too... Yeap, I also had to remove those 4 screws...

Just be gentle with this Lady when inserting the ammo :o , she is a virgin. :ph34r:

Everyone new to this site, you can also get th GBP armor at this sites:

www.toy-wave.com

www.valkyrie-exchange.com

Ken or Kev will hook you up! :) they hooked me up ;)

As a last resort: HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00040

somebody needs to tell them to change the description though:

"This item is a set of optional parts for modifying or detailing robot and other science-fiction kits. It requires both cement and painting to complete or use." :rolleyes:

Should be changed to "after breaking the fragile parts you will require some glue to put it back together. May require level 2 skill to push missile into holes." :p jk

www.valkyrie-exchange.com

Attention Customers:

As of January 2006, the VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM e-store is closing.  While it is sad for me take this course, I am closing down to allocate more time to family life.   The e-store and site has been a one-man operation since its' humble beginnings.  As each year passed, the obligations around the site and store grew.   It has been extremely rewarding and challenging for me to keep up with it.  However, as my own family obligations grew last year with the birth of my little girl, Allison, I knew something would eventually give.  So here we are today....

The long term plan is to keep the site available for Macross/Robotech news, FAQs, and to showcase fan collections.   This is the roots of how and why the site started...and an area I've left hanging due to the demands of store.

For now, I'd like to thank all the customers who've shopped here during the years.  I have met and developed many friendships with fans (and even their families) around the world.  This is one aspect, I truly enjoyed about the store and will miss.  

Best wishes to all of you on the New Year!

Regards,

Kevin Lam

Does this mean you can't order anything anymore? :(

and...I was just browsing Neova's store:

Dec 12th, 2005. Long time no update but that is until now due to lack of Macross activity in the world retail world.

Yamato 1/48 TV Hikaru Iichijo (no fast packs) was just released 2 days ago and is now available again to preempt the launch of the 1/48 GBP Armor Kits soon to arrive before Xmas!

Yamato has released info that the long awaited 1/48 DYRL Hikaru Iichijo VF-1S 2nd Issue should arrive in Jan 2006 and the 1/60 Macross Zero roy Focker VF-0S Valkyrie should arrive in April 2006. Word on the street has it that the US may see a domestic release! We don't know if a character name change will be in order but keep your eyes on Macrossworld for more rumor control.

Now that is an interesting rumour. Any more info about this?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine on saturday. This set is awesome. Oh soo good i bought another set and a Roy 1S to put it on. Thanks guys for the heads up on the chest missile holder thing. I know I would have definitely busted it if I didnt know ahead of time.

My only gripe about the set is that the little grey piece that fits behind the valk's head (the one similar to the piece that comes with the super parts), that helps hold the backpack to the torso, does not fit no matter how hard I try. Anyone else with the same problem?

The next thing is the little missle covers on the back of the leg armors do not click and stay closed. Well, they do but just that they open up again constantly when handling the valk. No problem I guess if I'm just going to display it.

Otherwise, this thing is the bomb! The new ultimate macross toy. (hard to call it a "toy" considering spending 250+ for the valk and armor)

My only gripe about the set is that the little grey piece that fits behind the valk's head (the one similar to the piece that comes with the super parts), that helps hold the backpack to the torso, does not fit no matter how hard I try. Anyone else with the same problem?

363564[/snapback]

It stays on fine on my reissue 1J, but it doesn't stay on my Low-vis. Which is annoying because I prefer using the white piece that came with the Fast pack set on the 1J, and the grey one on the Low-vis. Oh well... <_<