Club-M and Yamato 1/48s side by side

BlueMax

I finally gave in last week and picked up a fast-pack set....I didn't even have a 1/48 valk yet.....I was planning on waiting for the VF-1S Hikaru release but couldn't wait any longer and went out and got the low-vis the very next day.

I'm pretty happy with it...I'm biased to models, but the 1/48 scale comes pretty close.

As for detail, the club-M still dominates.....if anyone compares the Yammie as a model to the Club-M, and says they like the yammie better, they're *uckin' nuts. The Yam can't compare to the club-M for detail.

However, as a toy, it's the best one I've ever owned.

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone have more pics of the two side-by-side?

Edited by peter

Whoa, how come the vernier thrusters on the Club-M fastpacks stick out so much?

For the longest time, people were obsessed with oversized verniers on the FAST packs. I've never been a fan of the look, but the Club M's overall detail more than makes up for it.

This reminds me, way back when, someone posted some low-res, very fuzzy pictures of the 1/48 FAST packs and somehow deduced that the verniers on them would be oversized like that...

Whoa, how come the vernier thrusters on the Club-M fastpacks stick out so much?

For the longest time, people were obsessed with oversized verniers on the FAST packs. I've never been a fan of the look, but the Club M's overall detail more than makes up for it.

This reminds me, way back when, someone posted some low-res, very fuzzy pictures of the 1/48 FAST packs and somehow deduced that the verniers on them would be oversized like that...

Yeah, everyone was going oooohhhh and ahhhhhhh everytime pics of a custom with oversized verniers was posted.

Yamato comes up with the proto pics of the FP's with appropriately sized verniers and everyone goes native.

At least everyone simmered down once they got theirs :D

• 9 years later...

Haha, was just google imaging Club M 1/48 and spotted this dusty old thread. Does anyone happen to have all three 1/48s of our beloved VF-1?

It would be nice to see some nice quality shots of the Club M, Yamato and the Hasegawa 1/48 side-by-side. I realise that Hasegawa never put out a Strike version (though they damn well should), but still, it'd be nice to compare the details.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is mine :)

Sweet custom, had to do a double-take there because I thought you posted pics of a Club M! Do you happen to have the Club-M as well? Is it possible to ask you to take some new pictures with it side-by-side with the Club-M? Also, haha, guess you don't happen to have the new Hasegawa 1/48 built and picture-ready do you?

I wonder if I can commission anyone (where's wm-cheng?) to build mine.. haha.

I'm not sure WM-Cheng does commission jobbies, but you might want to contact Kurt.

Edited by peter

Sweetenesssssss! Nice detail vf_1s..... I too had to do a double take on your 1/48.... At first glance it looked like a new improved version of a club-M! :) I immediately thought I had missed out on new posts revealing new kits! Lol. I like your display area and sharpness of the spread of weapons.