Club-M and Yamato 1/48s side by side

BlueMax

:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the Club-M landing gear are longer (taller) than the Yamato ones, so this way, the gunpod doesn't hit the ground...

And the Club-M it seems more streamlined in fighter mode, perhaps to look like an aircraft?

Still some details of the Club-M are desirable into the Yamato, if anyone would ever bother to do a cross customization using Club-M parts into the Yamato 1/48.

Paulo

:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the Club-M landing gear are longer (taller) than the Yamato ones, so this way, the gunpod doesn't hit the ground...

And the Club-M it seems more streamlined in fighter mode, perhaps to look like an aircraft?

Still some details of the Club-M are desirable into the Yamato, if anyone would ever bother to do a cross customization using Club-M parts into the Yamato 1/48.

Paulo

Well, you have to remember that the Club-M is a fighter mode only model - so it was obviously sculpted to look best in fighter mode. Whereas, with the Yamato, compromises needed to be made to allow for transformation, and to strike a compromise between what looks best in fighter/battroid/gerwalk modes...

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I could not resist the temptation to post a picture of the most beautiful 1/48 Club M Ultimate Detail Strike Valkyrie. Not only is it a one of a kind Blue Roses (the first in 1/48 scale perhaps), but dozens of parts can be removed and/or replaced with other parts to create a dynamic scene.

The Yamato looks like a very nice plastic toy that thousands of people own and are identical to one another, but the 1/48 Club M is a non-transformable museum quality work of valkyrie art, with unsurpassed detail. Very few people actually own a built Club M, or have one proudly displayed in their collection.

Here is a sample picture, with a 1/72 Hasegawa Strike Battroid in the background:

DSCN0095.JPG

Sincerely,

Christopher B)

Hey Chris... I think that the level of detail lies on the weathering/painting of the piece. You'd be surprised at the amount of detail that the Yamato has with the FaST Packs on, if you haven't seen it for yourself. I'm not trying to deny you the beauty of your custom. I have seen it for myself and was pretty much in awe. But given the same treatment, I'd say the Yamato toy will be able to hold up. The only thing it doesn't really (my guess) is the removeable panels on the valk itself. But like you said... it does transform.

I don't want to be a Yamato cheerleader (I'm not, I'm not a big fan of the 1/60s, I rather get 1/55s) but I can't keep my eyes off my 1/48 .

Hey mlz22, how about another pic taken in daylight?

...but there is something to highlight,

the small red dot on the (face) front of the Super Packs,

in the movie, it is suppose to be on the left side for the left pack, and on the right side for the right pack

but Yamato's have it all on the left side.

anyone care to confirm with me or contrast with me?

:)

Hey Noel,

Graham already answered this.

And there is no seperate left and right FP missile pack. This is correct, not Yamato being lazy, as shown on page 40 of the Macross Design Works Book.

Graham

Cool pixs gentlemen! Care to share more of your 1/48s pixz? B)

However, i was looking forward to seeing more the 1/48s placed side by side a la the pictures Graham always does when there is a new release to highlight the differences between the different versions of valks.

Now we have seen them both side by side, anyone thought of reprinting the Club-M decals? They are waterslides are they not? And should be hell far better than those thick stickers provided by Yamato!

However, i was looking forward to seeing more the 1/48s placed side by side a la the pictures Graham always does when there is a new release to highlight the differences between the different versions of valks.

I don't profess to be a good photographer, but is this what you are looking for?

post-4-1065150052_thumb.jpg

Very nice chen, wonderful work, you too chris. If I had the skill I would want one. but I don't. The 1/48 yamato, gives us a quality display peice. Also I have seen detailed up 1/48 yamato's that look fantastic. If I were to ever get a club - M I would deffinantly keep all the panels off though as I think that is its most distinguised feature.

Wow!, now if tha Yammie was properly painted like the Club M is...

I did the panel detailing on my Yammie, and the difference is just amazing. There's not a single day I go by it and stop to praise it. My non Macross lovers friends are sick of me already.

vic.

I don't profess to be a good photographer, but is this what you are looking for?

Yepz, thats what I'm looking for! How about a few more shots?

Hey Chan, it is good to know that you taking good care of your Club-M. I put a lot of work into it. Thanks for the pictures. I'll get back to work on your next project. :D

You the man Kurt. In order to take care of it even better, I actually bought a football helmet case to put it in. It is now in one of the only two dust free environment in my house :lol: