New Project

captain america

Let's hope the mailman didn't already build Cobywan's Zents. <_<

377071[/snapback]

Bite your toungue! :angry:

It just amazes me at the totaly random manner with which the US Post Office has distributed these kits. I am at a total loss in predicting when my kits will show up. :)

Yeah, I got mine early last week in the UK. I know it doesn't help you guys still waiting, but... they're awesome! Well done, Cap'n - and thanks!

I really like the squishy parts.

377529[/snapback]

... I'm looking at that part apprehensively, thinking "Man, paint surely will flake right off!" but I'll start on faith and see how it goes... ;-)

(I'm planning a little vignette, when I've finally moved and unpacked all my modelling stuff again, so I may end up just recasting that bit in resin for my purposes, I don't need movement...)

Actually, I've done some paint tests on the rubber torso, and if you give it a good scrubbin' with a toothbrush and some dish soap, you'll be able to paint on it directly, no primer required. Personally, I use Tamiya acrylics, as the softness of the paint allows for a tiny bit of flex, and adheres quite well.

374301[/snapback]

I was wondering myself, before this kit, what to do with those Regult rubber parts. I guess I can paint them too (at least highlight with grey a bit). :)

But one thing is, I'd want to clear coat things to prevent scratching etc, but that isn't flexible, so those parts must not be sealed then, I guess.

Edited by Sdf-1

You could try fabric paint.  It's basically a paintable rubber/vinyl.

377631[/snapback]

Hmm, I actually happen to have Createx paints, and they are very flexible, just a little drop of bond-all and catalyst additives and that should do the trick, and no fear of scratching off. :)

• 1 year later...
Hi all.

The 172 Zentradi soldiers are now complete. If you'd like to know more about it, simply click on my screen name at left. When it takes you to my profile, select SEND AN EMAIL in the COMMUNICATE menu.

In your email, please use the title "1/72 Zentradi."

You will need to leave me your full name and address, as well as your MW screen name.

:D

Can't wait till these are back

Quite right. If you look back, you'll see that I never directly re-issued any of my models. While certain people have purchased some master-patterns and made their own castings, they likely use a different resin, gates, box art, and the models are not signed by me.

With regards to the soldier, I plan to include a seated version with the eventual release of the Gnerl fighter pod, and probably also a full standing soldier (or partial bust) with the eventual Nousjadeul-Ger. If I do some sort of stand-alone re-issue, it'll likely be a slightly different pose and parts breakdown... If enough people ask for it.