New Project

captain america

The figure is coming along extremely well thus far. Though the figures will be pre-posed, I'm breaking down the parts in such a way as to make them "modification-friendly" to anyone who would want to change the pose from the standard ponderation and seated configurations.

359823[/snapback]

Any idea what the breakdown's likely to be like, if any, with the head? By which I really mean; the face? It's just that while half of me is kicking the other half under the table to tell him that I really have too many unfinished (hell, unstarted) kits already, the less sensible half has an odd urge to do a little vignette of that dead Zentradi soldier with the little Minmay doll at his feet from the intro/outro to one of the TV eps... I'm beginning to think I probably shouldn't have spent the whole weekend watching through the TV series, it's bad for my wallet and shelf space... ;-)

Hi Sar.

For the time being, my only plan is to include a helmeted head with each figure. The parts breakdown per figure is already at about 22-23pcs as it is, and I'd like to keep the kit price realistic, considering that I'm still not at the break-even point with the preorders.

As anything else, if demand is there, some assorted unhelmeted/helmeted heads could be offered in the future.

Hi Sar.

For the time being, my only plan is to include a helmeted head with each figure. The parts breakdown per figure is already at about 22-23pcs as it is, and I'd like to keep the kit price realistic, considering that I'm still not at the break-even point with the preorders.

As anything else, if demand is there, some assorted unhelmeted/helmeted heads could be offered in the future.

360655[/snapback]

OK, fine. Put me down for a nother set. :D

For the time being, my only plan is to include a helmeted head with each figure.

360655[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant more to ask whether the bit that goes in the middle of the head you've shown already - where there's currently a gap - would be a separate part or the whole head cast all as one piece. Presuming that there's something in there at all, since you mentioned a clear facemask. The figure in the scene I have in mind is wearing a helmet, but the visor is broken and underneath a bare skull; having a separate gap where the face goes would obviously make it rather easier to sculpt in the skull without having to carve huge chunks out of the helmet first. Although going back and looking at the ep. again (29) it looks like it's the heavier kind of armour after all, so starting from scratch would probably be a better idea there if I carry through with that particular crazy idea...

Ah, hell; put me down for one standing figure anyway, assuming you're OK shipping to the UK. I've no Regult to use a sitting pilot with, but it's not like random Zentradi soldiers would look particularly out of place on my shelves. ;-)

I am seriously looking into collecting the 1/72 Zentradai kits to go with my 1/72 Valks so Im gonna watch this space as I will need two things 1. more shelf space and 2. some Zentradai`s to go with them.

I am seriously looking into collecting the 1/72 Zentradai kits to go with my 1/72 Valks so Im gonna watch this space as I will need two things 1. more shelf space and 2. some Zentradai`s to go with them.

361361[/snapback]

The 1/72 Zentradi soldier, I must admit, takes up very little space. And what's more... No Valk collection can be complete without some bad guys to balance-out the decor :lol:

361361[/snapback]

The 1/72 Zentradi soldier, I must admit, takes up very little space. And what's more... No Valk collection can be complete without some bad guys to balance-out the decor :lol:

361745[/snapback]

True.

I was thinking that the 1/72 Glaug and asorted badness in all its variations would make me have to rethink the storage. Obviously I would need a few soldiers to look after them.

I was thinking it was posted that you should consider doing different heads. now everybody was thinking the dead Zentradai who was holding the Minmay doll or the one that Hikaru shoots in the Vf-1d but all soldiers need a commander so you need to do a Quamjin head.

I hope im not putting to much work your way or indead giving to many people to many ideas. I know that scratch building can take an age to do ( well it does for me anway )

Definitely!!! Quamjin Head!!! Great Idea!!

361776[/snapback]

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Seriously Captain you are right looking at the pictures there are quite a few differences.

I had contemplated selling the figures separately as well. The logic being that people who might want to produce dioramas may want more of the standing figures, and so purchasing a set would be wasteful.

Done. The figures are also available separately at $40 each.

360184[/snapback]

You, sir, have piqued my interest. Consider me in the interested column for one standing figure.

Let's see...... pay taxes :angry: , or buy one of these sets :) . I guess the taxes will always be there, but not these, and since I already have the Regult Pod for it........ I'll just position these soldiers near the door to take care of those pesky tax collectors.... I'm in for 1 set. :)

Oh wow :blink: That's just incredible!

Btw John, this armor won't fit in dyrl theme, right? If I'm correct the movie soldiers are completely different, and quite strange actually. I was just thinking if I'm going to paint that Regult green, I can't use your pilot then. Well, I'm sure it will be awesome without the pilot too :)

Indeed, the DYRL pilot suits are quite different. I personally prefer the TV series designs overall.

364284[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess it's much because of many of you guys have seen Robotech (luckily I haven't :p ) when you were kids, so there's nostalgy and memories in it. And you have later found the real thing. For me, the movie is more familiar, I still have the finnish vhs from about '87. It's a swedish dub with finnish subs, and it's so crap you can't even understand the whole story. But it's a funny coincidence I bought it so long ago. I was about 20 when I saw an ok sub of it. And basically that's the point where I became a fan. I bought the series afterwards because I wanted to find out what I had missed, and luckily there was the (australian version of) animeigo release. So you can imagine how different approach I've had on the whole Macross thing. I like the series very much too, of course, and it was amazing discovery for me at that time, since it was all new to me that it even existed.