Gbp Official Designation?

Toonz

I think you can use whatever number you like, since they never showed anything but a 1J with No. 1 (can't recall, but the one scene in DYRL was also a 1J with No. 1).

Wasn't there only one GBP armor unit early in the TV series, which Hicker-oo promptly got shot up and had to jettison because he was to busy perving to Minmay? I assume they made a bunch more of these with various numbers for final battle with the Bodol fleet. I don't think there's a correlation with low numbers going to high-ranking officers, since most of them were flying circles around the enemy with their super packs, blowing away everything.

Well from what i can put together. The number designation on the GBPs are only refering to the GBP itself. Since they GBPs are used to special ops only (and maybe limited because of the cost and its limitation), it would make sense to asume that they are not made in high numbers compaired to the FAST Packs which are more flexible to use on the fighters during combat missions.

So i am asuming that the GBPs are very expensive to produce and due to its unablity to transform with the fighter, it would make sense that the GBPs are only issued to mission specifics which would require the use these are its armament and not the FAST Packs, which would serve the general pilot alot more on the battlefield.

THe GBP and it being unable to transform, would mean again, they would only be issued to Ace pilots on specific missions which would require a poo load of missils. I would guess, that these guys using the GBP would doing something like a support-role for the Destroids on the SDF-1 during combat. Them being able to "fly" and possible hold out 12+ badguys and fight them alone long enuff for the destroids to come in and do the job and take fire and not blow up. The GBP having a big payload would also mean they can be longer on the battlefield and add longer support for the rest of the Destroids. The Valkyries equipt with these would tactically be a good idea. Having a few of those around the ship, while the rest of the Air Wings are out fighting. The VF-1 GBPs can also eject the armour and fly and intercept of if needed get in the SDF-1 and fight just in case something gets past the ships primary defences.

- Jin

All the GBP model kit box pictures show some art on the inside of the GBP's lower leg, sort of like WWII bomber nose art, usually a sexy girl pic.

One of the Macross Mode Handbooks has a page of this art, which I could scan.

I've just PM'd Devin to ask him if he is willing to include this art on the GBP sticker sheet he is making up.

I'm sure most of us here would like this for our 1/48 GBP.

IIRC, the original Takatoku 1/55 GBP sticker sheet did include one of these girl pics. It's a shame Yamato left it out.

Graham

Adding to what Graham said,

and if Millia had a VF-1S (as Max did) what color will it be?

Red? as Hikaru already has that reserved.

:)

Noel

359148[/snapback]

Hehe.... it might be just like the chest colours of the Jetfire scheme... reversed black and red.

Adding to what Graham said,

and if Millia had a VF-1S (as Max did) what color will it be?

Red? as Hikaru already has that reserved.

Noel

359148[/snapback]

Hehe.... it might be just like the chest colours of the Jetfire scheme... reversed black and red.

359271[/snapback]

I'm thinking maybe a full body red like the Millia 1J(including the head :o:blink: ) but with black & white strip like the standard VF-1S. :rolleyes:

All the GBP model kit box pictures show some art on the inside of the GBP's lower leg, sort of like WWII bomber nose art, usually a sexy girl pic.

I've just PM'd Devin to ask him if he is willing to include this art on the GBP sticker sheet he is making up.

IIRC, the original Takatoku 1/55 GBP sticker sheet did include one of these girl pics. It's a shame Yamato left it out.

Graham

359160[/snapback]

So Millia's armor has the sex girl pic then? :rolleyes:

Graham

359160[/snapback]

I hope Devin will offer some choices; picking the right girl is important. :) Right now, there's one who comes to mind.

post-1617-1137034521_thumb.jpg

All the GBP model kit box pictures show some art on the inside of the GBP's lower leg, sort of like WWII bomber nose art, usually a sexy girl pic

Notably except for the CF GBP, because it is a well known fact that when you become a CF pilot, along with your dignity, your manhood is also taken from you. :lol:

Ah maybe that would make people go out and buy more VF1A? (cannon fodder color)

Or if no one buys the CF, they should repackage all the unsold ones and include the GBP as a set. (and this time change the color of the pilot flight suit)

They did it with fast packs for the tv valks so why not GBP? It would be cool to have all three sets of hands, the chest piece gap filler, and maybe include all new 'boots' piece to make the feet appear bigger that people said they wanted to see? (this would be so easy to do and all the proportions would look good)

What would be a good idea for future 1/48 imo is if they found a way to include the new hands in a slightly smaller scale for all DYRL valks? It just seems unfair that tv valks get thier clown hands + chicken hands but the DYRL ones only include chicken hands.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Nah, I don't think Yamato is into re-releasing a different color GBP. I think they'll take the money made with the GBP, and pour it into the VF-0S production. I have a bad feeling about this. I think they are going broke. Maybe the 0S will be the last release(insert the twilight zone music here)

So Millia's armor has the sex girl pic then?  :rolleyes:

359422[/snapback]

Na she has a pic of Max in a provocative pose.

I think they are going broke. Maybe the 0S will be the last release(insert the twilight zone music here)

360400[/snapback]

Yamato going bust I wont hear of it. It`s a lie a lie I tell you.

Seriously if they are Im glad Im in Japan in April. Moveover clothes there are Yamato`s who need the lugage space.

Edited by big F