So they're going with a "sausage factory" team this time around?

Would any show made nowadays would have zero female leads? They're just starting out the way the original did. Maybe they'll draw it out and wait to have Allura show up until season 2.

Would any show made nowadays would have zero female leads? They're just starting out the way the original did. Maybe they'll draw it out and wait to have Allura show up until season 2.

Good point. Wouldn't want the feminist brigade burning bras in protest of the show. Seriously though, to be perfectly honest, I have almost zero recollection of the original show--last time I watched it was when it first aired in the 80's. Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember some other guy who bites it early on and gets replaced by the princess.

Edited by GU-11

I don't remember the first Voltron episode I watched back in the day. What I do remember was, like Robotech, how different it was. Now I understand it was the Japanese animation and how new the style was compared to normal or US animation. Shows like Voltron, Robotech, Battle of the Planets, and others had more of an impact because of that new animation.

I'm pretty sure I watched maybe the second or later episode of Voltron first. And even then I started late into the show. I remember how they were trying to find the keys to the lions. And then how exotic it was that all the lions were in different locations having to do with their colors. Also how cool the transport to the lions sequence was.

Why do I mention all this? Because the opening of this teaser starts with a lion in a garage. And the whole thing just looks modern, what's popular, and safe. Borderline generic. It's odd how the new versions of Voltron, Macross, and Gatchaman all have a kiddy sort of style about them. Why can't they be more like Yamato?

Also, Sideshow's painted Voltron.

post-15104-0-02764200-1459038656_thumb.jpg

I thought maybe painted it would be better. But it still reminds me too much of modern movie Transformers. I guess it's safe to say I'm vintage Voltron all the way at this point. When the Mad Toys one comes out that just might be it for me. Maybe if some company releases anime accurate lions but I'm not holding my breath for them.

And the combination sequence rips off too much from GaoGaiGar.

That was my thought as well and I just found out about GaoGaiGar.

I saw artwork of the Princess and the older guy on Neogaf. It looks like they made her black or gave her a tan.

I have gotten to the point of completely ignoring most modern versions of things I grew up on since they throw out everything that made me love them. Nuwho, JJTrek, this, and to a degree Godzilla 2014. They keep saying(companies and fans) OH BUT WE HASTA CHANGE EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT RELEVANT FOR PEOPLE TODAY! No, you don't. Simply TELL good stories. Take the lions, detail them more, maybe give em digigrade rear legs, and then you look at your STORY. take the best elements of BOTH Golion and Voltron, flesh out ALL the characters, expand on the world and universe, and NO SPACEMICE!😛 Seriously, it's really not that hard. But whatever. They will continue tk appeal to nkn fans, and I will go watch what I grew up with and not care about this just as I didn't care about the Voltron Firce one.

And that lego set is fricking awesomeness!!

Edited by thereal9thdoctor

Not a fan of the original and not really interested in this new show, but that animation in the trailer was great! They really captured the old, simplistic style of cartoon shading/highlighting in the 3D mechanical animation. That is impressive and definitely looked good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might not get approved but I'm glad it reached 10,000 Supporters.

THANKS!!!

So it is time for us to write WEP and tell them how awesome a Lego Voltron would be so they get on the licensing horn with Lego?