Got mine today and love it. It's very solid - feels like it came out of the 80's. Anyway, if you already hate it I doubt handling one will change your mind, since it's pretty much what you see is what you get. If you like what you see, you probably wont be disappointed. Just dial down your adult-collector-high-end expectations and have some fun. :)

post-430-0-90557900-1329794577_thumb.jpg

as much as i want to pre-order that Dairugger right now, ive never heard of the company that is making it. Has anyone here done business with toyfreakz before?

i want some reassurance before i give my credit card number to some company in hong kong that ive never heard of.

thanks for any and all info.

Much like Transformers, the scale of Voltron and the lions was all over the place. But judging by Lance's size, the Matty lions are 1/18. ^_^

Haaa... so true. Plus both series seem to have size changing abilities.... :wacko:

But looking at my 1/48 Valk hangar, the human crew look pretty "anime accurate" to most of the scale references from the series.

I'll post some pics this week.

_1218492568.jpg

I think this will be the largest toy Voltron.

Here is a pic of Jasonjupiter's modified giant Trendmasters Voltron.

gocomp10.jpg

Here is my Red Lion. HUGE!!!!

dsc_0710.jpg

Seeing the first picture, It seems that the Mattel Red Lion is as tall as Golion. But the Trendmasters version doesnt seem as tall.

dsc_0711.jpg

dsc_0637.jpg

So who is going to be the first to repaint the Red Lion's legs CHROME or SILVER?? :rolleyes:

I'm hesitant because those springs & internal gear locking hinges may be a problem getting back together properly. And i'm not trying the mask off & spray technique on this.

Although... a chrome/silver gundam paint marker may do the trick but i'd be scared to handle it afterwards...

Matty: if this is geared for adult collectors (as the box clearly states), then what makes you think we want these goofy useless '3 years & up' type gimmicks?? :angry:

And is there still plans for these to hit retail at some point?

And any predictions on the convention exclusive chrome legged voltron?

Edited by GMANIFESS

Still a big MEH from me.

It really isn't anything amazing other than its size. When combined It will rival my Fort Max as biggest robot toy I have.

Repainting the legs won't make them fold up any better in limb mode.

. Nope. I do find the auto buttons a tad annoying too. The position of them is poorly planned. Bad marketing research. Someone who doesn't know adult collectors put this stupid crap in. All they need to do is look at SOC series.

But it makes up for it in size and accuracy. The only other giant voltrons was the Panosh Palace which is really bad and that hard to find trendmasters giant.

Edited by Solscud007

They did improve it. The cockpit is hidden. And the connection for combining is no longer the tail. I don't see room for serious improvement. Except the legs and rotation at the elbow joint.

Don't forget that this is Mattel. They don't know how to make giant robots. If bandai made this it would look better but be smaller than Golion Godaikin.

They did improve it. The cockpit is hidden. And the connection for combining is no longer the tail. I don't see room for serious improvement. Except the legs and rotation at the elbow joint.

Don't forget that this is Mattel. They don't know how to make giant robots. If bandai made this it would look better but be smaller than Golion Godaikin.

AGREED. Consider this a transforming Jumbo machinder.

We can't be so brutal critics on this one. This isn't Hasbro-Takara, Bandai, Yamato, etc. For a first round attempt this is far from perfect but a nice effort. We can't grade this on the same level as any masterpiece, Macross or even Transformers for that matter. And for $35, given the size & general anime accuracy this is a thumbs up product for what it is. And a fully transformable & poseable Voltron the size of a Jumbo Machinder as the end product is well worth it.

If any other company made it, the price would be 2 to 3 times as much & much smaller.

My only grief is the legs & tails are not silver. But given the plastic is only a few molecules short of being vinyl i guess the off-white almost grey will have to do. But by the time we get the 5th lion most of that will be forgotten as the King will overshadow all others figures on the shelves.

My argument was that the sculpt isn't improved compared to a Trendmasters or even Masterpiece Voltron. With THAT big a scale to work with, I'd have expected something pretty darn amazing/screen-accurate. Not something which can't even fold the legs up all the way and still doesn't look that good in lion mode.

• 3 weeks later...

In about an hour or so in CDX talks with one the guys who's involved in the new chogokin vehicle voltron. In this video the gentleman also shows off an early grey-prototype of the 13 inch combining beast. I think the best thing from this is that you can hear all of those loud clicks that are going to be an all of the joints.

http://www.collectiondx.com/article/collectiondx_episode_24_omgwtf_vehicle_voltron