I'm gonna try to get it... looks cool, except for the fact it looks like it's dropping a deuce.

But THIS is the biggest Voltron yet! It even has a figure inside. But I'm pretty sure you can get arrested for trying to collect it.

2981935262_85f3647d4b.jpg

That guy sounded like a little kid trying to describe a toy he saw in the mall.

• 3 months later...

"grey and white is cartoon accurate". Yeah, kind of like how Superman having blue streaks in his hair is comic accurate, or the Silver Surfer being white and blue is also 100% correct. :p

And hey, Optimus Prime should have white wheels, with a white bumper, and white stacks!

"grey and white is cartoon accurate". Yeah, kind of like how Superman having blue streaks in his hair is comic accurate, or the Silver Surfer being white and blue is also 100% correct. :p

And hey, Optimus Prime should have white wheels, with a white bumper, and white stacks!

Right, that's the problem I have with a lot of toys, actually. I even think that the Fire Valkyrie was actually supposed to have gold shoulders, not yellow...

(BTW, I'm not being sarcastic!)

The thing I hate more is the useless action feature. It actually takes away from the more conventional features like poseability. And the lion feet don't fold up right because of that, the feet stick out at the shoulder when it should be pointed in.

Still want it... lol.

Hm, I like it for it's simplicity. But I dunno if I want to actually get this or not for the same reason. It's not like it's jam packed with awesome features and detail. It's however very show accurate in design and color in a 3D mold. I at least like the Lance figure. Big step up from the old styles.

Wow. That lion is pretty big. How will I explain this to my guinea pig? As Exo says, that "action" feature flaws an otherwise cool entry into the history of Voltron toys. I love the CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK ratcheting of the toy; can you say SOLID? Someone should send that video and maybe the lion to Yamato so they could learn a thing or two. :rolleyes: But, at $80 per kitty I might have to pass.

Lol @ the "coffin" Voltron from the 80's-talk about a hideous toy.

PS: Saw a coupla shots of the completed Voltron and....it's not the greatest looking Go-Lion in the world. But, I guess that's understandable since we're dealing with a Tonka-like version of the lion team. Also, I can only wish that Sven was packed with Blue Lion and not teary-eyed Alura...

Edited by myk

Each figure is $15. The Red and Green lions are $35, the Blue and Yellow are $40 and the Black is $50. Sven is an exclusive figure if you bought the subscription, which is pretty much the cost of the figure. Depending on where you are, I guess it could go up to about $80 bucks each time when you add tax and shipping...

Each figure is $15. The Red and Green lions are $35, the Blue and Yellow are $40 and the Black is $50. Sven is an exclusive figure if you bought the subscription, which is pretty much the cost of the figure. Depending on where you are, I guess it could go up to about $80 bucks each time when you add tax and shipping...

Ah you're right. When I will I learn to not use Ebay or BigBadToyPrices to accurately gauge toy prices...

So did this guy have the vision enough back as a kid to think...one day there will be a worldwide method of instant communications that will branch off into different services, one of them will be the ability to sell items to anyone in the world. Let me keep this Christmas present safe and secure until the year...2012...then I can sell it for quarter of a million dollars.... :rolleyes:

Seriously...kudos to keep this rarity so new...I never could have.

thats the second time those sealed vehicle voltron figs have been listed on ebay. the first listing (a couple weeks ago) had them priced at $3000 for the set. that auction was cancelled and then re-listed at $250,000. how and why the seller went from $3000 to $250,000 is beyond me.

Edited by Jeremy007

You know, I hope some toy company announces a higher quality re-release of Dairugger XV before that sale closes, and the seller never see's anything close to that.

Funny you mention that. Most Wanted toys is producing an SOC style Dairugger with a release date for sometime this May. Apparently its also supposed to be 60% die-cast. Word on the street is its going to be about $250 US.

Funny you mention that. Most Wanted toys is producing an SOC style Dairugger with a release date for sometime this May. Apparently its also supposed to be 60% die-cast. Word on the street is its going to be about $250 US.

Wow. That's awesome news. I can't wait to see it.

thats the second time those sealed vehicle voltron figs have been listed on ebay. the first listing (a couple weeks ago) had them priced at $3000 for the set. that auction was cancelled and then re-listed at $250,000. how and why the seller went from $3000 to $250,000 is beyond me.

Hey - wow, he's offering Free Shipping, that's a good deal...

not liking the skinny neck, but at prototype stage, I'm only seeing the good.

Don't worry about the neck, apparently the neck wasn't pushed down far enough on the prototype. Check this thread http://robotjapan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=SOC&action=display&thread=19216&page=4

out as their is a board member there who has some connections to Most Wanted toys. There's also a few new teaser CAD pics in that thread as well. This release definitely has me intrigued if Most Wanted ( a toy company not known for high quality die-cast toys) can pull off this figure, I'm just going to laugh more at Mattel and their voltron offerings.

Don't worry about the neck, apparently the neck wasn't pushed down far enough on the prototype. Check this thread http://robotjapan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=SOC&action=display&thread=19216&page=4

out as their is a board member there who has some connections to Most Wanted toys. There's also a few new teaser CAD pics in that thread as well. This release definitely has me intrigued if Most Wanted ( a toy company not known for high quality die-cast toys) can pull off this figure, I'm just going to laugh more at Mattel and their voltron offerings.

Wow... really gotta save up.

Is Go-Lion not very popular in Japan? If is is popular---why is there no modern figure from any of the major Japanese toy companies? All we get are pathetic re-hashes of existing figs from Mattel and Toynami----same toy we've had for the past 30 years, just with a few gimmicks added in (being it probe-keys or a few balljoints) . Somebody, somewhere, has to be able to figure out how to do a better SCULPT. Red and Green lions are always my reference point---they usually look pathetic in lion mode, and are often 50% joint-bits in arm mode.

Is Go-Lion not very popular in Japan?

Go-Lion isn't popular in Japan. Neither is Dairugger XV. Both are pretty obscure (in Japan). Heck, neither has yet to be released on DVD or any other home video release format. And probably never will be. Which is why I treasure the DVD releases from Media Blasters.

Is Go-Lion not very popular in Japan? If is is popular---why is there no modern figure from any of the major Japanese toy companies? All we get are pathetic re-hashes of existing figs from Mattel and Toynami----same toy we've had for the past 30 years, just with a few gimmicks added in (being it probe-keys or a few balljoints) . Somebody, somewhere, has to be able to figure out how to do a better SCULPT. Red and Green lions are always my reference point---they usually look pathetic in lion mode, and are often 50% joint-bits in arm mode.

I think that the Dairugger was made to accompany Toynami's Voltron. It's really smarter to make the one that hasn't been done for a while. Like you said, Mattel and Toynami have their versions so for now the market is as saturated as the Voltron Market would be. But I'm guessing that if does well enough, we'll be seeing the Golion soon enough.