Have there been any more reports/reviews on the Blitzway Voltron? I still have one on preorder with BBTS and am not sure if I should cancel. Or is Blitzway trying to fix the QC “issues” if there really are some.

Chris

43 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Have there been any more reports/reviews on the Blitzway Voltron? I still have one on preorder with BBTS and am not sure if I should cancel. Or is Blitzway trying to fix the QC “issues” if there really are some.

Chris

Below is a video of what QC issues to check for. It seems to be hit or miss. I have one on PO from BBTS too. I figure that I'll take delivery of it and if the QC issues with the unit I get are worse than I can live with I'll return or exchange it. BBTS is really good about that kind of thing. The main reason I get stuff like this through BBTS.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:58 AM, Dobber said:

Chris

Bobby Skull face, who usually reviews Transformers, has a review up. It was sort of mixed; he seemed to feel it was the best Voltron he's ever messed with but that it still has flaws that it shouldn't have at that price.

If Bobby "Hamhands" Skullface didn't break it it's probably decently sturdy. I cringed the entire time he "handled" the DX VF-1J he got to review, he clearly didn't go over the instructions, then he whined about it the whole time and basically said it's no better then a FansToys figure. That was one of the most painful to watch reviews I've ever seen in my life. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not into the SD thing, but more power to them.

The non-SD ones, though.  Since Bandai doesn't seem interested in doing an SOC Albegas or Netflix Voltron, buying the Action Toys Albegas, Lion Force, and Vehicle Force and then displaying them with the mini diecast Playmates Netflix Voltron might be my best hope for having the four of them together...

Glad the Blitzway seems to be well, though the consensus all around seems to be that even at its best it’s not $700 good. I ended up cancelling my order.

Chris

On 7/30/2022 at 11:03 PM, Chunky001 said:

I got mine today. I'm not sure it's $700 good when compared to the SOC. But it's good. 

To me it's totally worth it. Actually i think the proportions and the details are even better than the DX SOC. Unfortunately i couldn't afford this new Golion but if had the money i would totally  buy one. Or even two.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jeremy007 said:

No QC issues with my copy. No cracks, breaks or anything else.  Super solid all around.  Looks and feels great.  Very satisfied with the purchase.  I don't think its better than the SOC…just different.  I love both. 

97F6C862-5ED4-4AFC-84AD-5DA3348987B4.jpeg

Looks mighty stellar! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.    These all look really cool,  if you have the $$$ go for it.   

The SD voltron's look neat,  just not $230 neat.  

I ended up picking up the Bandai SOC versions of both Lions and Vehicles,  and that pretty much did it for me.

I would seriously consider a reissue of the vintage chunky Bandai/Matchbox Voltron III.    Some thing other then the Trendmasters last take with stupid tabs and colors being off.