I’d be honored! :hi:

I doubt any toy manufacturer will build it any time soon.  One-off combiner.  American production.  Enemy mechs.  . . . Odds are practically stacked against it.

Of course, if Bandai ever REALLY announced this, I have no idea where I’d put it.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, Mog said:

I’d be honored! :hi:

I doubt any toy manufacturer will build it any time soon.  One-off combiner.  American production.  Enemy mechs.  . . . Odds are practically stacked against it.

Of course, if Bandai ever REALLY announced this, I have no idea where I’d put it.

Actually, it's something I've been considering for some time now. :)

17 hours ago, sqidd said:

Great, more "reviews" that aren't reviews. I'd really like to see a REVIEW in English.

Same here. I've already heard about some breakages. Not dropping the cash if it's gonna explode in my hands.

6 hours ago, Magnus said:

I have him in hand.  No QC issues to report on my copy, and it seems quite solid to me with no fears of breakage anywhere, at least so far.  Does anyone have any specific questions I could answer?

The most important question of them all. Do you feel that the size, quality, heft, presence, etc justify the price tag?:hi:

So apparently the Blitzway Voltron really isn't doing so well in a few circles. I'm actually thinking of cancelling my order with BBTS and just eating the deposit.

https://www.facebook.com/blitzway.official/

https://www.facebook.com/blitzway.official/photos/a.1239507779417545/5348778711823744/

BIG thanks to a really good friend who pointed this out as a warning for me.

-b.

6 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So apparently the Blitzway Voltron really isn't doing so well in a few circles. I'm actually thinking of cancelling my order with BBTS and just eating the deposit.

https://www.facebook.com/blitzway.official/

https://www.facebook.com/blitzway.official/photos/a.1239507779417545/5348778711823744/

BIG thanks to a really good friend who pointed this out as a warning for me.

-b.

That's the thing that BBTS is great for (and why I got this from BBTS). They have a great warranty return/replacement policy. If you get a bad copy they will replace it. If they don't have a unit to replace it with they will refund your money. I've even had them give me a deeeeeep discount to keep a unit that had a defect that they were unable to replace.

I have mine PO'd through BBTS for this reason. I'm not worried about getting stuck with a junk unit.

2 hours ago, Magnus said:

I saw that.  Again, disregarding all of this drama, the end product that I currently have I love quite a bit and am glad to have gotten it.  For what it's worth. 

You have yours alreday?

Blitzway Press Release:

This is Blitzway. Regarding the recent controversy regarding CARBOTIX VOLTRON products, we would like to announce our position as follows. First of all, we would like to apologize to the consumers who have purchased our CARBOTIX VOLTRON products for the problem of supply in quantity and defective issues that occurred in the initial quantity. All of Blitzway's executives and employees feel a heavy responsibility for letting consumers who have purchased our products and waited for a long time with this kind of problem. We have formed a special after-sales team at the head office in Korea to deal with defects found and received so far with sincerity and sincerity. We will do our best to provide after-sales service for customers who have received defective products, and we will do our best to prevent the same problem from occurring through more strengthened inspections for future shipments.

Unfortunately, while monitoring the current situation, it was discovered that another company in the same industry systematically slandered Blitzway through acquaintances and some ghost IDs, and now formally commissioned the cyber investigation team belonging to the Seoul National Police Agency. It is under investigation by the police authorities. We requested an investigation by collecting suspicious circumstances such as testimonies, chat rooms, recordings, ID histories, and purchase histories of the contents. There was a part where many buyers already reported directly to whether or not they agreed with this part. Ghost IDs created for slander that you can see in community posts, slander in a non-purchasing state, dissemination and incitement to the fact that you received a refund after cancellation even without a purchase history, aggressive comments on articles supporting or supporting Blitzway, etc. , allegations of directing or encouraging this are currently being investigated. We have thought a lot before requesting such an investigation, and we would like to inform you that we do not intend to block the opinions of customers who have left comments with regret and upset after receiving a defective product. This case investigation request is intended to punish those who promoted systematic exaggeration and false agitation and public opinion, and to prevent the recurrence of that part. We reiterate that the investigation will not be conducted on the voluntary opinions of actual buyers. We promise to always listen to sound criticism and customer opinions and make improvements. CARBOTIX VOLTRON currently receives about 60 defective cases compared to domestic shipments. However, this VOLTRON has a large quantity reserved for shipment, which is rare in Korea, and the actual defect rate through systematic dissemination and slander This leads to more exaggerated issues. The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's Cyber Investigation Team will have no leniency for the dissemination of false facts and manipulation of public opinion turned out to be true. . We once again apologize and apologize for the occurrence of this issue. (Employers of Blitzway Inc.)

14 hours ago, Magnus said:

I saw that.  Again, disregarding all of this drama, the end product that I currently have I love quite a bit and am glad to have gotten it.  For what it's worth. 

That's actually pretty awesome, hopefully this is all just overblown internet drama over yet another toy.

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

That's the thing that BBTS is great for (and why I got this from BBTS). They have a great warranty return/replacement policy. If you get a bad copy they will replace it. If they don't have a unit to replace it with they will refund your money. I've even had them give me a deeeeeep discount to keep a unit that had a defect that they were unable to replace.

I have mine PO'd through BBTS for this reason. I'm not worried about getting stuck with a junk unit.

Totally fair, I have not cancelled my PO (yet), but will keep watch with more than passing interest to see how this plays out.

Or maybe I'll forget all about it until BBTS charges me and it's in my Pile of Loot lol

-b.

Actually, I called it way back when this thing was released that I was worried about QC issues because of the other Blitzway stuff I have (and posted about it in this thread). Unfortunately I was right.:(

I really want this figure though. I guess I'll play the BBTS lottery. If the copy I get is good, fantastic. If it's junk I'll ask for a replacement. If they can't give me a replacement and I can live with the QC problems (I only display my stuff once so I can tolerate quite a bit) I'll ask them for a partial refund which they have done for me in the past.

What a bummer. I was really looking forward to this. Now it's one more thing to worry about.

Voltron.jpg.5a4c46c81dfc548732dac593b1aeca14.jpg

Edited by sqidd

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

English subtitles this time @sqidd! and OOF on the QC issues. I can feel this guys pain.

Just watched it. Great video! Thanks for the link. I'll be playing this when I unbox mine from BBTS.

As far as the oil goes that's probably release agent and or assembly oil. They probably have people assembling them without much attention to detail. At the end of the day the oil is no big deal. Just wipe it off and enjoy.

I could insert a joke about how that is actually lube and Blitzway put it in there because you just got $#@!&% by their QC issues. But that would be childish and crass.:rolleyes:

On 4/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, sqidd said:

You have yours alreday?

Yep!  I went over it all again with a fine tooth comb, and the only issue I noticed was some chrome flaking on the round joint of the green lion's rear feet.  Doesn't seem like enough to really complain about though. 

Voltron.jpg

Voltron Chrome.png

Edited by Magnus
Update

9 hours ago, Magnus said:

Yep!  I went over it all again with a fine tooth comb, and the only issue I noticed was some chrome flaking on the round joint of the green lion's rear feet.  Doesn't seem like enough to really complain about though. 

Voltron.jpg

Voltron Chrome.png

Jelly! I want mine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...