Found on CollectorFreaks.com Forums. Best comparison image of the Blitzway and SoC Voltrons out that I could find. I don't know what you guys are finding wrong with it. Perhaps the lion legs being covered is subconsciously making it look weird to you since no one has ever done that before? I think it's the best proportioned Voltron to date and the legs didn't look floppy when handled like the SoC version. I think you guys are splitting hairs here.

image.jpg.f39a45dca3d748955f7107e7e1a734ac.jpg

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Found on CollectorFreaks.com Forums. Best comparison image of the Blitzway and SoC Voltrons out that I could find. I don't know what you guys are finding wrong with it. Perhaps the lion legs being covered is subconsciously making it look weird to you since no one has ever done that before? I think it's the best proportioned Voltron to date and the legs didn't look floppy when handled like the SoC version. I think you guys are splitting hairs here.

Please read:

19 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

If you look at the pics you just posted, the hips on Blitzway Voltron don't stick out from the pelvis sideways, while on the SOC, they protrude a bit. And the torso (particularly the black area) is longer vertically from abdomen to head on the Blitzway than then SOC.

21 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Yeah, but the SOC has them at least out a little bit from the pelvis. Blitzway's look squished into the pelvis on either side, and the waist looks a bit long too.

Departing this conversation due to health reasons (seizure condition).

Edited by pengbuzz

@pengbuzzHey, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. :) No need to defend yourself and I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I did not take any offence in your post and I did read your posts and what you feel bothers you. I'm just not really seeing what your seeing as a negative so each their own.

And now that's I'm focused on the pelvis region, I think it's a little weird how the legs on the SoC stick out a little. I hadn't noticed that before nor did I care. I also prefer the lines down the thighs on the SoC version detail whereas the Blitzway is just a solid mass. I like the black around the star in the belt of the Blitzway just because of the added contrast of it. The proportions of the head and body 'feel' better to me on the Blitzway than the SoC version. On top of that the SoC version is squinting for some reason like he's having trouble seeing something or just smoked a blunt whereas the Blitzway looks like he just had a cup of coffee and is ready to kick some ass.

The SoC version is still the best RELEASED version of Voltron to date and goes very well with Vehicle Voltron and Evil Voltron. That being said, I think this Blitzway Voltron will be perfect standing next to my Voltes V DX and Combattler V DX.

IMG_2050.JPG.b769d64671b9540ade91fc951bbbb7d8.JPG

28 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Wings on the Blitzway are too small (the angle in the above pic is skewing to hide that difference).

Green looks too similar to Red and lacks that cylindrical look we’ve all grown accustomed to.

And for some of us, additional leg covers, pilots, and light up features aren’t enough to justify a doubled price.

Again, you can like what you like.  But it’s just not my thing.

14 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

@pengbuzzHey, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. :) No need to defend yourself and I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I did not take any offence in your post and I did read your posts and what you feel bothers you. I'm just not really seeing what your seeing as a negative so each their own.

And now that's I'm focused on the pelvis region, I think it's a little weird how the legs on the SoC stick out a little. I hadn't noticed that before nor did I care. I also prefer the lines down the thighs on the SoC version detail whereas the Blitzway is just a solid mass. I like the black around the star in the belt of the Blitzway just because of the added contrast of it. The proportions of the head and body 'feel' better to me on the Blitzway than the SoC version. On top of that the SoC version is squinting for some reason like he's having trouble seeing something or just smoked a blunt whereas the Blitzway looks like he just had a cup of coffee and is ready to kick some ass.

The SoC version is still the best RELEASED version of Voltron to date and goes very well with Vehicle Voltron and Evil Voltron. That being said, I think this Blitzway Voltron will be perfect standing next to my Voltes V DX and Combattler V DX.

IMG_2050.JPG.b769d64671b9540ade91fc951bbbb7d8.JPG

Which evil Voltron is that?

13 minutes ago, Mog said:

Wings on the Blitzway are too small (the angle in the above pic is skewing to hide that difference).

Green looks too similar to Red and lacks that cylindrical look we’ve all grown accustomed to.

And for some of us, additional leg covers, pilots, and light up features aren’t enough to justify a doubled price.

Again, you can like what you like.  But it’s just not my thing.

Fair points and I can agree with these criticisms. You've expressed your opinions and I'm just expressing mine. There seems to be a lot of negativity around Blitzway's release. 

@sqiddIt's Fantasy Jewel. Looks nice standing there but is utter crap from a quality/build stand point.  I think the version you already have is superior. 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, sqidd said:

No commentary review. It looks nice and it clicks loud. I'd really like to hear a full review in english (or at least english dub) though.

After listening to its 'clickity-clackity' sound, I now wish I have $700. :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Fair points and I can agree with these criticisms. You've expressed your opinions and I'm just expressing mine. There seems to be a lot of negativity around Blitzway's release. 

It's going to get a lot of flack from the people that want it, but can't afford it. Conscious or subconscious. It's human nature and I see it EVRYWHERE. You should see it in the mountain bike world. The high dollar bikes are referred to as "dentists bikes" by most. And if you're a real rider you don't need something that nice.  Even though all of them would give their left nut to have one.

24 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

@sqiddIt's Fantasy Jewel. Looks nice standing there but is utter crap from a quality/build stand point.  I think the version you already have is superior. 

I'm pleased with the Icarus. It's no SOC, but it's good. I was just curious which one yours was.:good:

It's a great time to be a Voltron fan. There are many options available so we can debate these releases. I missed out on the first release of the SoC Lion Voltron set which was, and arguably still is, the definitive version of Voltron to date.  When after market prices exceeded $500 I had to look elsewhere and settled for a Toynami EX Voltron that was on sale for $300 (it's crap but it did scratch the itch). I'm glad I was able to get a 2nd edition SoC later on and am happy for those who have a 3rd edition still available at MSRP.

Now we have a DX sized Voltron as an option at 15inches.  It's 5 lbs of diecast, perfect transformation goodness. The price is in the same ball park as current DX releases such as Voltes V DX, Daiku-Maru DX, and even the Metal Structure Nu Gundam. It's completely understandable to not want to go above a certain price range for a hobby. I get it. But there is precedent for the price that Blitzway is asking for. If it were Bandai releasing this DX version instead of Blitzway, I wonder how fans would feel about it. For sure I would go Bandai if they use the combining sound theme and soundtrack from the English version of the cartoon. That would be way too nostalgic to pass up. 

3 hours ago, Mog said:

This seems to largely be an unavoidable side effect of the cover plates on top of the lion legs. To get the cylindrical look of the cartoon, the plates would have to cut through the space where the legs exist. And to fully enclose the legs, the top of the lion has to extend out farther than usual to create a "fender". It still HAS curves, but they aren't nearly as pronounced, and the plates aren't helping matters. It would do a lot if the green plates were styled appreciably different to the red plates.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

LOL yeah, me too. It would be smart to purchase from a retailer like BBTS. They have an excellent customer service with a great return policy. I'm not sure how Brandon Wong  from Supreme Collectibles would handle this should I need help.

I ordered mine from BBTS  for this exact reason. An that they take so long to get in that I will be able to get 4-5mo worth of reviews before I lose the opportunity to cancel.

Those pics are looking pretty horrible......YIKES

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

I ordered mine from BBTS  for this exact reason. An that they take so long to get in that I will be able to get 4-5mo worth of reviews before I lose the opportunity to cancel.

Those pics are looking pretty horrible......YIKES

Same here….though it would stink to loose a $70 deposit. 

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Same here….though it would stink to loose a $70 deposit. 

Chris

But better than buying $700 of junk.:D

I actually had two on PO. I just canceled one. I'll wait and see on the second.

Edited by sqidd

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it does. And the lions have hidden legs like Blitzway's.. 

I don't know enough about ThreeZero, but them moving into transformables like Dancouga & now Voltron look like a recent thing? These will be good gauge on what their VF-1 will be like in terms of tolerances, fit etc..

5pro looks awesome if you don't get one that breaks.  threezero got me more excited though....because try as I might I haven't quite justified $700 bucks.  I mean its almost got to transform itself for that price (is robosen listening?   lol).  threezero is getting pricier these days but they've always delivered decent bang for the buck.  there doesn't seem to be any details about it yet though but i bet it will be closer to SOC pricing than 5pro carbotix.   also it looks REALLY good.