11 hours ago, JetJockey said:

How does this 5Pro Studio company usually handle toy sells?

They just did a second release (not long after the original release) of the Mechander Robo but this time with weathering. They don't mind milking molds.

I hop this means that there will be multiple releases of their Voltron. I want one. But I'm not 100% confident in their quality based on what I have seen so far from them. This Voltron is Bandai DX money. I have sen nothing Bandai DX quality out of them yet. I'm torn, I want one. But I would be REALLY bummed out if it was a design/QC letdown. On the other end if it comes out and gets rave reviews I'm not spending $1000 on one in the secondary market. I would have to wait for a second release.

Choices, choices. I don't know what to do.

The Carbotix is really nice, but that's a lot of ducats. Looks like they kept the squarish proportions of Green Lion. Probably necessary for the room required to hide the legs. I love that feature, but not enough to canx my PO for the much more reasonably priced SOC. I'm happy with second best.;)

@Syro Sorry for your loss.:(

Let’s not crown the newest thang the king just yet. ;)

The so-called old lion may still have some bite left.

It’s also kinda amusing that we’re calling a $300+ priced item “reasonably priced” now. :lol:

54 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

The Carbotix is really nice, but that's a lot of ducats. Looks like they kept the squarish proportions of Green Lion. Probably necessary for the room required to hide the legs. I love that feature, but not enough to canx my PO for the much more reasonably priced SOC. I'm happy with second best.;)

@Syro Sorry for your loss.:(

Thanks... I was showing it to my daughter and then the leg just came off. I dont know why I didn't support the legs :(

43 minutes ago, Mog said:

Let’s not crown the newest thang the king just yet. ;)

The so-called old lion may still have some bite left.

It’s also kinda amusing that we’re calling a $300+ priced item “reasonably priced” now. :lol:

Yeah I just bought a recliner for $800 so Voltron is now at furniture prices :D

As I'm sure some of you noticed I'm a bit concerned about the quality. When I saw the BBTS email pop up I thought to myself "Ah, I have a plan!".

Reviews will be in long before BBTS ships. I can cancel my order post reviews if it's got issues. Yes, I will eat the $70 deposit. But, I'd rather eat the $70 deposit than get a $700 Voltron with problems.;)

So, PO placed with BBTS.:good:

Man, there is going to be a glut of SOC Voltrons for sale!

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

As I'm sure some of you noticed I'm a bit concerned about the quality. When I saw the BBTS email pop up I thought to myself "Ah, I have a plan!".

Reviews will be in long before BBTS ships. I can cancel my order post reviews if it's got issues. Yes, I will eat the $70 deposit. But, I'd rather eat the $70 deposit than get a $700 Voltron with problems.;)

So, PO placed with BBTS.:good:

Man, there is going to be a glut of SOC Voltrons for sale!

That's about the best play in this scenario... I'm in.

9 minutes ago, pablumatic said:

ShowZStore just cancelled my pre-order so I went with BBTS. 

They cancelled mine too. Anyone else? I wonder what's going on.

48 minutes ago, Drad said:

They cancelled mine too. Anyone else? I wonder what's going on.

Probably ran out of allocation.

I wonder how long until BBTS runs out.

Edited by sqidd

Am I the only one that really loves the colored top clear stands that makes all 5 lions look like they are flying upwards just like in the title sequence of the show? That's freakin awesome! Times like this I wish I had $$$ laying around! Oh well. Congrats to those who can swing this one! It looks like it's gonna be epic! I'll just be over playing with my SOC Lion Voltron...:cray:

To late ShowZ. I already reordered through BBTS. I wonder if this will hurt ShowZ? Just arbitrarily canceling orders has people looking elsewhere most of which required the deposit too. Just canceling without explanation….in the email…. People figured like we did that they over ordered so we all went elsewhere. 

Chris

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Am I the only one that really loves the colored top clear stands that makes all 5 lions look like they are flying upwards just like in the title sequence of the show? That's freakin awesome! Times like this I wish I had $$$ laying around! Oh well. Congrats to those who can swing this one! It looks like it's gonna be epic! I'll just be over playing with my SOC Lion Voltron...:cray:

We're on the same boat on this one, @derex3592:cray:

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I've never displayed a Voltron in lion mode. This is enough for me to consider it.

Good thing I PO'd two Voltron's.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've never displayed a Voltron in lion mode. This is enough for me to consider it.

Good thing I PO'd two Voltron's.:rolleyes:

Wait. You ordered 2? But you just said last Tuesday that you're not 100% confident with their quality. :rolleyes:

didn´t hear that much of the Blitzway 5PRO Studio, but after some digging it seems they sure has the talent to create very high quality figures, even some colaborations with Prime Studios, cause I just checked several videos of the DX Astroboy with extra parts, capsule and surgery bed or whatever name is, and that looks insanely detailed and high quality, Im really really so close the put that 70 dlls down now, but man that price tag !  , what to do what to do 😰

10 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

didn´t hear that much of the Blitzway 5PRO Studio, but after some digging it seems they sure has the talent to create very high quality figures, even some colaborations with Prime Studios, cause I just checked several videos of the DX Astroboy with extra parts, capsule and surgery bed or whatever name is, and that looks insanely detailed and high quality, Im really really so close the put that 70 dlls down now, but man that price tag !  , what to do what to do 😰

Yeah. That DX Astroboy and all of its accessories that they produced is surely a masterpiece. Wish I have tons of cash stashed somewhere so that I could get that. :cray:

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

The lion stand is fantastic. Easily the best part.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. You ordered 2? But you just said last Tuesday that you're not 100% confident with their quality. :rolleyes:

I only had to bet $70/ unit that they're good quality.

I most likely won't be displaying both. I PO'd the second to keep boxed.

I was just thinking they missed an opportunity with the pilots…..too bad they didn’t make the one arm hand stand Pidge and the squatting Hunk to pose with the Lions like in the closing credits. Or really just make the “standing” figures like all the pilots in the end credits.

A6952121-6109-4F59-8681-865942D92E88.jpeg.14186c3dac95564ed20f1c9c396484d5.jpeg

Edited by Dobber

8 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Not just yet: permatex plastic welder can repair it and put Voltron back in the game.

YES!!! I didn't think this could be repaired but i gathered all the pieces (found one across the room) and I figured out how they go and it fits snug. I'm going to try this weekend. Thank you for the advice!

They are also selling the Blitzway Voltron at The USA Gundam Store
https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/voltron-defender-of-the-universe-carbotix-series-voltron

8 hours ago, Syro said:

YES!!! I didn't think this could be repaired but i gathered all the pieces (found one across the room) and I figured out how they go and it fits snug. I'm going to try this weekend. Thank you for the advice!

Hooray!

I saw the damage and figured you'd never get all the little bits back in one place. Good luck reassembling them.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, Syro said:

RIP

PXL_20210727_230727407_compress98.jpg

PXL_20210727_231251926_compress28.jpg

Ah, man!  That stinks.  I have the Matty Voltron and the leg of the Blue Lion just snapped off while transforming it.  The material choice on those lions seem so cheap to me.  Thin and weak.

I still enjoy it's giant presense and the chest logo-head reveal is so satisfying.  Just wish it was a bit sturdier without all the spring gimmicks.

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

Hooray!

I saw the damage and figured you'd never get all the little bits back in one place. Good luck reassembling them.

Thanks!

That's what I was thinking as well. It appears to have just shattered in one spot but the opposite side I found freakishly matched it without being separated into 25 pieces. 

3 hours ago, spacemanspiff said:

Ah, man!  That stinks.  I have the Matty Voltron and the leg of the Blue Lion just snapped off while transforming it.  The material choice on those lions seem so cheap to me.  Thin and weak.

I still enjoy it's giant presense and the chest logo-head reveal is so satisfying.  Just wish it was a bit sturdier without all the spring gimmicks.

That thing is massive and was taking up 2 levels of my detolf. I loved how the Matty Voltron had the figures and the lion cockpits even if they werent very detailed. It's a great voltron but only if you want them just standing in lion form or Voltron, and no posing (or standing unassisted). I've been wanting a posable Voltron for a few years and the Blitzway one is going to be it lol

33 minutes ago, Syro said:

Ouch. For US buyers, that's 70+/- more than BBTS has posted. So far the cheapest preorder price is the US Gundam Store one you posted earlier.

Man, still wishing I have tons of cash laying around. :unsure:

https://dorksidetoys.com/products/voltron-defender-of-the-universe-carbotix-series-voltron-action-figure-first-run

https://www.thechosenprime.com/bwrcvoltrongolion

$699 shipped from Dorkside and The Chosen Prime.  No additional cost for tax.  No additional cost for shipping.  Both stores pack and ship items well.