On 5/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mog said:

Alright, when should I get the whiskey and coffee ready for pre-order night?

That’s a ton of articulation they’re showing off.  Hopefully, those joints will be strong as stink.

They’ve come a long way from 35 years ago:

DSC_0027.JPG.c0e3d0289a2f6ad78a34c401a0cbb369.JPG

EDIT:  So, about US$350 at the current exchange rates. :unsure: 

Hopefully, it comes with a full complement of weapons.

Your Voltron is mistransformed. You forgot to push the white thrusters into the legs.

HELPING!

Man, I used to have one of those. I miss it.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mog said:

Alright, when should I get the whiskey and coffee ready for pre-order night?

What kind of whiskey? The whiskey and bourbon that I've tried might smell nice but they all taste like wood from the barrels.

2 hours ago, JB0 said:

Your Voltron is mistransformed. You forgot to push the white thrusters into the legs.

HELPING!

I sold mine but kept the head and red jet as I thought those were the cooler vehicles. I did like the idea of the three combined teams though. But the robot was way to unstable for me.

Mine had broken combination joints in the legs, no chrome on the chopper blades, missing fins on the head, no fists... and then the chest unit came apart. I kept the cars and jet. I think I threw the cars out a few years ago. I still have the jet.

16 hours ago, JB0 said:

HELPING!

Well, Voltie’s about to bust out the solar combat spears or whatever the heck they’re called.

14 hours ago, JetJockey said:

What kind of whiskey? The whiskey and bourbon that I've tried might smell nice but they all taste like wood from the barrels.

I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to whiskeys, but I tried this Cali Sipping Whiskey that’s pretty good.

Not a strong, kick you in the face whiskey.  But literally one that you sip over ice, just to enjoy and chill.

9 hours ago, Mog said:

I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to whiskeys, but I tried this Cali Sipping Whiskey that’s pretty good.

Not a strong, kick you in the face whiskey.  But literally one that you sip over ice, just to enjoy and chill.

Everytime I tried whiskey it was without ice. I'll check reviews of that Cali Sipping Whiskey. Maybe I'm just overly sensititve to that wood taste. The stuff is basically 50% alcohol that's been sitting in wood barrels. In the movies like Indiana Jones, North by Northwest, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, they drink that stuff like water. I know if you drink (forced to drink) a bottle of bourbon like in North by Northwest, no way will you even be able to drive. Chances are you'll be lucky to be alive.

Sooo...what's the consensus here? Do we attempt pre-order madness Monday night in order to secure one (hopefully)? Or do we wait and trust that Bluefin will release the "Voltron" version in the US through US retailers later? I don't wanna miss out.....but I would rather have the US release like the lion one I got, just so the boxes would match.  Guess I could pre-order and then cancel Japenese version, just don't like to be "that guy". 

25 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Sooo...what's the consensus here? Do we attempt pre-order madness Monday night in order to secure one (hopefully)? Or do we wait and trust that Bluefin will release the "Voltron" version in the US through US retailers later? I don't wanna miss out.....but I would rather have the US release like the lion one I got, just so the boxes would match.  Guess I could pre-order and then cancel Japenese version, just don't like to be "that guy". 

I'm going US Bluefin all the way, easier to pre-order, cheaper shipping, it just makes sense for me. I'll be nabbing mine at BBTS as soon as they are available, screw that craziness with the Japanese sites, the slight discount on those sites is usually offset by pricier shipping, so BBTS all the way.

So, the preorder is June 3rd, Tokyo time, right? :unsure:

So, that would mean Sunday night, June 2nd (June 3rd if it’s past midnight) for most of us schmucks in the US, correct? 

Gorgeous pics, that thing looks incredible. Like with lion Voltron, it seems Bandai isn't holding back on this release, they're not half assing anything like they did the MMPR line. And to think, Takara is attempting to charge $300-400+ for that new MP-44 V3 Optimus, geez, talk about overpricing, this looks massively more impressive, on basically every level.

I’m gonna miss the rolling wheels that ALL the individual vehicles had in the 80’s version.

But we’re getting a butt-load of accessories that the US release never got (sword, Sea Team plug in parts) and a bunch of options (different coptor blades, different hand options).

Surprised that Bandai hasn’t tried to mimic that “punch, punch, scrunch” bit VV does after he first combines.

Edited by Mog

On 5/28/2019 at 2:46 PM, Tking22 said:

I'm going US Bluefin all the way, easier to pre-order, cheaper shipping, it just makes sense for me. I'll be nabbing mine at BBTS as soon as they are available, screw that craziness with the Japanese sites, the slight discount on those sites is usually offset by pricier shipping, so BBTS all the way.

Are we sure Bluefin will be selling it here in the US?

7 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I know the lion Voltron got a US release.  I remember the preorder on Amazon.  I just didn't have the money then.

Me neither.  I'd like to jump on this one though, I really can't stay up Sunday night.  I have a full day of work and then a flight out of town that following day.

Edited by Mommar

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Me neither.  I'd like to jump on this one though, I really can't stay up Sunday night.  I have a full day of work and then a flight out of town that following day.

I'm in kind of the same boat, except that my attachment to vehicle Voltron is less than the lions.  I'm banking on precedent to get an American preorder, preferably Amazon.  If I miss my chance, I think I can live with that.

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Are we sure Bluefin will be selling it here in the US?

6 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Keep in mind that places like big bad toy store always carry soul of chogokin releases. It just takes them a few extra days to put the pre order up.

Basically what dragonstar said, even if Bluefin doesn't release this, BBTS will absolutely have it, they carry all Chogokin, zero reason to believe they won't carry Vehicle Voltron. Yeah, it will have a slight mark up on price, but once again, that will be fine compared to the shipping from HLJ or AmiAmi, they have that dirt cheap $5 shipping, which is horrifically slow, but still, it's only $5. I have the renewal/repaint Chogokin Godmars releasing soon at BBTS, that thing looks awesome too, price is right for me on that too, shipping from Japan would be insane, that's why I'm getting my King of the Monsters MonsterArts from BBTS too, I can't imagine what shipping for Ghidorah would be from HLJ, yikes.

12 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Basically what dragonstar said, even if Bluefin doesn't release this, BBTS will absolutely have it, they carry all Chogokin, zero reason to believe they won't carry Vehicle Voltron. Yeah, it will have a slight mark up on price, but once again, that will be fine compared to the shipping from HLJ or AmiAmi, they have that dirt cheap $5 shipping, which is horrifically slow, but still, it's only $5. I have the renewal/repaint Chogokin Godmars releasing soon at BBTS, that thing looks awesome too, price is right for me on that too, shipping from Japan would be insane, that's why I'm getting my King of the Monsters MonsterArts from BBTS too, I can't imagine what shipping for Ghidorah would be from HLJ, yikes.

My next question is how many days after the Japanese pre-order will BBTS put theirs up and what’s the likelihood of them selling out?

It's a usually around 2-5 days depending. I've noticed they post in early midday to afternoon. With them selling out, it really depends on the item.  For car Voltron it's gonna go fast. Keep in mind too that there shipping is cheap but almost all their imports are marked up.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, dragonstar1982 said:

It's a usually around 2-5 days depending. I've noticed they post in early midday to afternoon. With them selling out, it really depends on the item.  For car Voltron it's gonna go fast. Keep in mind too that there shipping is cheap but almost all their imports are marked up.

I’n in the dame boat as the June 3rd pre-orders.  Out of town with no access.  I’m going to miss the Neca SDCC Ninja Turtles pre-orders this week too.

Thanks for the links, sh9000.

Old Vehicle Voltron is kinda lonely without his younger, slightly smaller, more nimble siblings:

Untitled.JPG.e14424f5eb849b7ce44a984a44b4b059.JPG

Here's hoping we all get an order in!

Wound up getting into NY when the preorder went up.

Got it for about US$350 (including shipping).

Considering I was expecting to pay that much just for the figure itself, I'm cool with the price I paid.

Of course the "price" I'm paying with the lack of sleep and frayed nerves from pre-order madness kinda offsets some of that. :fool::crazy:

Still available at NY for a $60 mark up at 42,000.  

Considering it really is only $60ish more than amiami was charging, their price isn't too bad. Its only going to go up. Its probably roughly the same as what bbts will charge. 

Edited by Jeremy007

Although the Miracle Productions VV was a little hit-and-miss on QC and execution, it had some really innovative design features that I kind of wish Bandai had incorporated for this SOC. The forward pivots in the chest for the shoulder connections, the unique stowage and connection features of the thigh subs, and the flip-over roof panel interlocks for the foot vehicles were all really nice updates to Dairugger XV toy design in my opinion. I have no doubt that the SOC will be leagues above in terms of solidity and finish quality.

Really not sure what they're thinking with those front bumpers on the foot cars. It's the Voltron aesthetic equivalent to the micro-sized intakes on the CMs Legioss.