They have a regular sword for it. The picture shown is the exlusive or "early bird" pre-orders called the Beast Sabre, kinda like a machete version. Toy looks good, especially since my Toynami version is just starting to crumble inexplicably. I'd wait for reviews though. I heard that the vehicle voltron's issues were fix with the last release.

Where did you PO it?

Your Toynami Voltron is crumbling? :(

Yup... at the lightest touch, anything not diecast just automatically shears itself in pieces. I can't even print out parts for it because you can't just open it and replace parts. They didn't use screws for the legs. It's all pins.

Where did you PO it?

What's PO?

I would not be surprised this is Miracle making this. They did mention that they would be working on GoLion after the Vehicle one. They must of changed their name because of the backlash they got for all the crap they put the customers through making the Vehicle Voltron. The promo picture looks VERY simliar to the Vehicle Voltron. A lot of people vowed not to buy anything from them. I am one of those customers who Pre-paid to overpay and got a lack luster product. Anyone interested in this should sit it out till reviews come out. Especially with the steep price they want. If you go to Robot Japan, you actually have Micacle commenting on this item which makes me even more suspicious.

I didn't know about the Miracle Vehicle Voltron. I sold my original one years ago. I just watched CollectionDX review the Miracle one. Way too many problems for me to consider a Lion Voltron from them. It shows you how difficult it is to design these toys. They made a V2 almost immediately after V1 it seems and it still has problems. But it is closer to the anime compared to what I sold. I hated the Voltron form on that one. I think I always left it in the Sea, Air, and Land team forms.

Their Lion Voltron doesn't look to be anime accurate enough from what I'm seeing. I looked at the Lion Voltron forming again and I just don't see how a company can create anime accurate lions and get the Voltron looking like in the anime without doing them separately or a lot of removable pieces. I would buy separate versions of the Lions and a non-transforming Voltron but I'm probably in the minority.

wait are we assuming miracle = mad toys?

also V2 isn't really a V2...they remolded a couple of things and fixed a QC issue. As is, V2 is okay and stands as the best vehicle voltron toy ever by a large margin. i'll watch that vid to see what v3 entails but IMO vehicle voltron fans should jump on the miracle VV if they can find it for under $190 shipped. its not perferct but its a good VV that looks the part.

they were denying it on robot japan when the mad toys images first showed up. whats the evidence?

I think it was pretty much the consensus from the RJ thread and elsewhere due to the font, layout and design.

Makes sense they would do it under another name for two reasons.

1. Lion voltron is a hot property legally. Somebody may come after them.

2. The VV debacle could shy people off PO.

Also, the official Mircale account on RJ is the one posting pictures.. haha

http://robotjapan.proboards.com/user/5792

I went ahead and grabbed a VV for $180 shipped at toyarena. Beats the hell out of my original $260+shipping from toy Freakz that I cancelled. That seems like a fair price for the piece in its 2.5 state. Plus I really wanted it before all the crap went down.

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Dairugger/Vehicle Voltron together.

Having the old toy, seeing all the whackiness surrounding this release, and then finally pulling the trigger... I have to say it's a pretty damn impressive hunk of gokin.

I had a few minor issues with my 2.5/3 version, but the Miracle guys are working to correct them. I plan to do a full video review outlining everything. A few minor things and this guy would have been a huge homerun.

But all told, I really love the feel and look. He sparkles in my Detolf and really brings back the original. I daresay it's better than the original since it was basically a giant plastic brick.

X6UQJeF.jpg

I got my Dairugger/Vehicle Voltron together.

Having the old toy, seeing all the whackiness surrounding this release, and then finally pulling the trigger... I have to say it's a pretty damn impressive hunk of gokin.

I had a few minor issues with my 2.5/3 version, but the Miracle guys are working to correct them. I plan to do a full video review outlining everything. A few minor things and this guy would have been a huge homerun.

But all told, I really love the feel and look. He sparkles in my Detolf and really brings back the original. I daresay it's better than the original since it was basically a giant plastic brick.

X6UQJeF.jpg

i have a v2. its pretty great, definitely the best VV..but not without issues. if these hang around long enough i might pick up a second (a V3 this time i suppose? don' know the difference between 2 and 3) if i can get good price.

From what I can tell 3 is more of a 2.5, and it still had some issues.

Mine didn't have quite enough glue in spots. I fixed one issue but I'm having them send me a new head.

From what I've heard from other the paints are more vibrant and all the mechanical issues should be fixed. Also the cross is centered or should be.

If you do have problems there is a miracle guy on the robotjapan forums who will mail you new parts, no questions asked.

All my connections were fine, though the directions weren't very helpful. I watched some youtube videos.

The waist to thigh was super tight, but it went in.

It feels sturdy and tight. Articulation is nice.

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 months later...

Needs firing missiles and opening panels. Has to be better than the 1980's version for me to consider purchasing.

This is the other reason that I didn't jump on Toynami, but I almost pulled the trigger on the 30th Ann Voltron, so glad I didn't.