"classic" Movies That You Piss On

Agent ONE

Well, if Brosnan's not happy with the script there's not much more to be said on that.

As for Stewart, it's a shame to hear that he is rather "unpleasant."  I guess he really knows how to work in front of the camera, as every interview that I've seen him in portrays him as a jolly 'ol English fellow who you'd wanna' tea-up with; he seems like such a likeable guy...

I worked at the San Diego 'Con in '98, and had the distinct privelage of helping Walter Koenig check into the grounds.  The hatred that he felt for the entire occasion was as plain as the nose on his face.  When I asked him for his autograph, he replied by saying, "Oh God, why the hell not."  He rolled his eyes, scribbled on my program guide and stomped off.  His wide eyed assistant just smiled, tried to apologize and scampered after him. 

What is it with these guys anyway?  Talk about biting the hand that not only feeds you but makes you, too...

361096[/snapback]

That is sad to hear about Patrick Stewart being a prick, but I guess it should not surprise me. As for Koenig and the rest of the secondaries from Trek, they should thank God that there is a group of fans dedicated to them because otherwise they'd be eating catfood. He's probably the worst of the bunch though. They're all bitter about how Shatner was able to parley the Trek fame into other gigs. Whereas Chekov can't even score a Priceline commercial.

Too old?. That didn't stop 'Connery, back in the day. I liked the Brosnan Bond, I believe his demeanor and presence were perfect for the role...Oh well...

You're right about Chekov, though. What an ungrateful little man...

Edited by myk

Too old?.  That didn't stop 'Connery, back in the day.  I liked the Brosnan Bond, I believe his demeanor and presence were perfect for the role...Oh well...

361185[/snapback]

I thought Brosnan was too girly at first, but I liked him in the last 2, even dispite the last script which was a matirx wannabe piece of crap.

Based on reviews that had circulated at the time, I was under the impression that DAD was a flawed but entirely enjoyable and worthy film in the series.

DAD had nothing to do with Brosnan leaving the role. As crappy as the film may have been, it was easily the most successful Bond film in ages. It had the single highest opening weekend of the entire franchise, and pulled in over 400 million worldwide. And we all know that Hollywood in general, and the myopic Broccoli family in particular, only look at the bottom line when gauging a film's success.

Based on reviews that had circulated at the time, I was under the impression that DAD was a flawed but entirely enjoyable and worthy film in the series.

361241[/snapback]

I thought it was a stupid effects based movie, full of fake crap, with huge opportunity for Halley Berry to throw in Jive lines, so she can once again remind everyone that she is black.