1/48 Gbp-1s Detail Review

Hayao Kakizaki

Great pics.  Haven't posted here in a long time....

Anyways, I pre-ordered the GBP armour from HLJ quite a few months ago.  I still haven't got an email notice that they are billing me or shipping it to me.  Anybody else in the same situation??  Or should I be concerned and contact HLJ?

358322[/snapback]

YOU MUST CONTACT HLJ ASAP :ph34r:

Great pics.  Haven't posted here in a long time....

Anyways, I pre-ordered the GBP armour from HLJ quite a few months ago.  I still haven't got an email notice that they are billing me or shipping it to me.  Anybody else in the same situation??  Or should I be concerned and contact HLJ?

358322[/snapback]

Check your status to make sure you have it on order. I notice with HLJ, sometimes they take a few days to process shipping after the products have been released. Also, be aware they just came back from their holidays on the 4th Jan. I would give them a few more days and if it haven't been shipped, write them an email. Also, if you ordered any other things with your GBP, make sure it is in stock or else HLJ will not ship the GBP until the other thing is in stock.

I got mine and it is amazing.  I had a few issues tho, so make sure you guys check out the thread I started about it before digging into yours.  There is a delicate piece, and I did not recieve the smaller missiles for the shoulder pods.

359461[/snapback]

Same thing happened to me, Promethuem5.

All fans need to head caution when operating the chest piece/putting missles in or out of said chest piece. Fragile.

But after I fixed it, I put it on my Hikary 1J, and I swear by Minmei, it is amazing. Every Macross fan should own one...even if they have to work a second job to support their macross habiit (like I do).

Cheers!

Wow, this thing is cool, but bew mindful of your thoughs young padawans! If you push too hard when loading the missiles in the chest plate, the plate might just jump the hook mechanism. This mechanism enables the chest plate missiles to move outwards while openning the "butterfly" missil bay doors.

I had to disassemble the chest armor to fix this problem. there are plenty of missiles included with the BGP armor, just try another missil if another one does not fit.

By all means, this armor is amazing and beyond my expectations. Yamato gets extra points for this one. I got 6 of these armors. Why? because they never existed before. Not to me, and I can't go to Walmart and buy it anyways.

Man, my 1S looks mounstrous, next to my strike valkyrie.

I highly recommend this armor!

your 1/48 will never be the same!

I love this thing! It's sooo detailed! I got my six in.

This is great.

I'll try and vote for it for toy fo the year.

I don't know what to say about it.

The box first of all is great. It is the greatest box ever! Yamato have certainly outdone themselves for once. I'll keep these boxes in good shape forever.

And the toy itself? Amazing. So many details and missiles! The only thing I hate is the hand that holds the gunpod. It's so loose. I like how the backpack nozzles move just like the normal Super FAST packs.

While it is not the most posable thing on the planet...the armour around the legs do provide some movement and variety.

post-466-1137849374_thumb.jpgpost-466-1137849431_thumb.jpgpost-466-1137849487_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the GBP isn't that nimble. The only toy I have so far that can do a kick in spectacular tae-kwon-do/kung-fu style is the GQ MMM Impulse Gundam. I don't have MG or PG ones to say otherwise yet.

The reason for this is that the GBP has armour not only covering the intakes to reduce some of the mobility range but around the area of the nosecone too. This also prevents the VF-1 form doing some (albeit limited in the first place) torso twisting. It is also hard to actually get a grounded leg to be well centered during a kick. But hey FM and ruskii, when you get yorus try it out. Sit at home with an hours or so to yourself keep all of the articulation points of the VF-1 in mind and see if you can do somehting with the armour on. It's highly therapeutic to a stressed out guy like me. :D

I am happy to say that the GBP can actually stand up straight and not lean forward or backwards at all unlike the FAST Pack Armoured ones. But to be fair the FAST Packs were back/dorsal heavy in the first place. As the GBP encompasses the whole valk, I would say that it is pretty evenly balanced on all fronts.

The missile launcher covers are a little dicky, but they are all right. The top rear one tends to clash with the wings a bit, jsut becareful, and don't extend the wings while the FAST Packs are on. I haven't damaged any part yet, but I can just imagine the results. Good thing they are loose and removeable, one they let you detail them with decals a lot easier and two I imported 6 of them to Australia in two GBP boxes. :lol: I'm glad that everything is not fixed and rigid cause they might have broken! But nothing is and the boxes are in tip top shape C10. Thanks Toy-wave!

And boy are these stickers good for once. They are die cut so much better. Almost don't have to get Takatoys or Anasazi stickers (no offense guys:P). j/k. They both will do a better job but I am just raving about how much the Yamato stickers have improved.:)

Any questions? :D

EDIT: wrote Tamato instead of Yamato! :lol Must be hungry.

Edited by kensei

Nice pics Sephiroth. Dig the scale maintenance crew.

I just got a notice that my shoulder missiles will ship express tommrorw. Thank god, as now I can finally pose it with all the covers open. I must admit, I love looking at this toy and think I might have to go actually play with it. I still can't decide if I want to just sticker it up with the inevitable Takatoys stickers, or wait for Ansazi to make decals and detail and weather it. It's just so pretty.

I got my shoulder missiles today. All I ahve to say is that BBTS rocks and the GBP is the most gorgeous Yamato piece yet after the intial 1/48 engineering. With all missiles open and posed and poised to kill, the GBP looks amazing. I've got it with the Gunpod forward shooting and the open hand back grabbing a grenade off of the hip pack. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to get decals and detail this bad mofo up.

Were they self shooting, I can't remember? It isn't holding one, just reaching for one. I thought it woyuld look pretty cool to have it with one in hand ready to throw, but I don't have enough room for such a wide pose *tear* And if they are self shooting, then I guess it wouldnt make sense anyways.

I just got mine yesterday and slapped the armor on my Roy -1S.

I have a few gripes and a few praises. Sorry if people have already mentioned these.

Gripes:

-The weight. The added weight of the armor with your valk makes it a pretty hefty toy. Normally, I wouldn't complain (and I'm not really complaining right now, just saying) but I'm afraid of the amount of stress this is putting on the valk's ankle joints. I don't want to end up with a valk that can barely stand up, like my old 1/60 Hikkie -1A.

-The chest missile compartment. The bad thing about this is that if you take the compartment apart, you'll see that the doors are connected to the missile storage by a very tiny piece of plastic. So, if you're having trouble loading the missiles, and push a little too hard, the plastic will snap and your missle locker will no longer "pop" out when you open the door.

-Loose wrists. The arm armor's thickness prevents the hands from properly gripping and posing the gunpod. But, the main problem here is that the wrist joints in the new hands are really loose so you end up with a buff-looking valk with limp wrists.

The praises:

-The amount of detail is amazing. I love how every single missile is detachable and I really like how they paid attention to what's underneath the armor as well.

-The stickers. They're not great but they are a vast improvement over what Yamato has produced in the past.

-The production of the toy itself. I never thought I'd see a 1/48 GBP but now it's here and Yamato really did pay a lot of attention to this toy. The quality of the plastic, the look and the overall fit and finish are all really well done.

Sorry about the rant!