What is the most memorable scene for you?

PC Valkyrie

I have a tied vote. The entire last episode of 7. Bsaara moving that mountain, the aurora after the Protodevilin leave, everything was just perfect.

As well as the Megaroad-01 launch in FB 2012, truly an incredible scene.

Whats your favorite from SDF-Macross though?

That's an easy one, All of episode 27, again, a masterpiece.

But the one that, for some reason has stuck with me 'lo these many years, is in 'Miss Macross' where Hikaru intercepts a Zentraedi recon ship with his VF-1J. He storms into the ship commando-style by peeling open the nose and climbing inside, just to see the escape capsule launching. Seconds later, the Zentraedi ship self-destructs with Hikaru still inside.

Too many memorable moments for me. That's a good one, though, and the irony of it is that *both* sides really would prefer to watch the beauty contest than fight. The irony reaches a climax when Hikaru comes into the just-empty ship, expecting to find the enemy, and is surrounded by video screens showing the Miss Macross contest.

Two scenes come to mind as my most memorable scenes from the TV-Series.

1) In the first episode after Hikaru and Roy buy sodas and Minmay walks away and we see Roy checking out her booty :lol: . I knew then that this show is great and that Roy is my hero.

2) When Roy actually dies. I wasn't ready for that, I mean noone dies in a cartoon show, especially the best pilot. Very, very sad when that happened.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as memorable but remember the scene when Quamzin captured Minmay, the good guys planned a good rescue operation.

One part of the rescue operation is to lure Quamzin out of his base by faking a distress call from his guards. He didn't know that Zentradi who called for help is a U.N. Zentradi. After faking that distress signal, the Zentraedi asked a battroid to light his cigarette with a GU-11 gunpod! That dude has some nerves of steel to light a cigarette on his mouth with a gatling gun! :lol:

When they are fighting in the zentradi ship and a hole burstes in the hull, max goes flying out into space with a "aah!"

it always makes me bust up for some reaon.

Edited by KingNor

I just saw Kakazaki's death again. Man, that sucked losing two of my favorite characters in a row. :( That was pretty neat how they threw in Max doing the sign of the cross.

The whole lead up to Roy's death was wierd too. First time I ever saw it, you see Roy take some shorts and it plays that dramatic music and then everything is fine. It leaves you wondering what happened. Is he hurt, is he really OK, or what? Then you see the tech guys surprised at the inside of his cockpit and know somethings up, but then you see him playing the guitar at Claudia's, everything seeming fine. When he stopped playing the guitar, first time I saw the show, I thought he just went to sleep :) Like he was a little bit hurt from the battle and just passed out. But then when I saw him fall, my heart dropped with him :(

You knew it was over for Kakazaki only a few moments before. When him, Max, and Hikaru all on the ship, you notice one of them is lagging behind. You just knew who it was. Wannabe ace pilot Kakazaki. Then it cuts away and you think everything is going to be fine, and then Hikaru's screaming for him to catch up, and he can't. Must've been terrible for Hikaru. Nothing he could've done. Then Max does the sign of the cross. All so sad :(

I started to dislike Minmei at this episode, too. With her calling Hikaru after all that. Sure, she didn't know, but I'd think (or rather hope) she heard about the whole filed thing exploding. She didn't even open up with a "Hikaru, are you okay? (BUSTA WOLVE!!!!!!!)" just went on and on about how she was. I don't hate Minmei like some people here do (though I sympathize with you guys), it's just that her and Hikaru are in two different worlds. Hikaru has a job where he could die tomorrow. Minmei is just a celebrity.

It really makes you think though, who are the true heroes out there. People worship celebrities like actors and actresses, or muscians, but who we really should care most about and look up to are those out there putting there lives on the line everyday. Soldiers, police officers (I'm majoring in criminal justice, so I sympathize with cops the most), etc.

I just saw Kakazaki's death again. Man, that sucked losing two of my favorite characters in a row. :( That was pretty neat how they threw in Max doing the sign of the cross.

Wasn't that Hikaru?

Hikaru is japanese, not many christians there, so the sign of the cross would mean little or none to him.

On the other side, Max is european, therefore is more probable he is a christian or at least is aware of the importance of the sign.

So, Max did it. Nice, realistic touch.

Let's see most memorable scenes.

1. The very first time Hikaru transforms his valk.

2. The shock when a giant zentrati come out of the battle pod.

3. Roy dying. *sniff* ROY!!!

Seeing Exedol dance and sing that Minmay song... was it Exedol?

There are many...

and some are:

1. Tragic death of Roy when he collapsed from his wounds, ending the peaceful strumming of his guitar :(

2. Unexpected death of Kakizaki :o (the concept of death in animation just made the story realistic)

3. Minmay doll in dead Zentraedi's skeletal hand :( (what a scene, brief yet impactful)

4. When Misa and Hikaru kissed during interrogation by the Zentraedis ;)

Here's a list of my favorite scenes from Macross:

• Their first dogfight against each other, unaware of the the other's identity
  • Max sees Millia for the first time at the opening of "Shao Pai Long"
  • Max and Millia duking it out at the arcade
  • Their "date" at the park and later proposal
  • Their wedding
  • Millia shows baby Komillia to the Zentran
Edited by MjrMisaHayase