What is the most memorable scene for you?

PC Valkyrie

I have been rewatching the original Macross TV series recently. There are so many different scenes/moments that stand out in my mind.

If you had to choose the most memorable/striking scene from the TV series, what would it be for you?

I had a difficult time narrowing the choice down to one, but the most memorable scene for me would be the ending of the very last episode. The shot of the damaged SDF-1 in the background, with Hikaru's VF-1S in Gerwalk mode in front becoming a picture in photo album was such a great epic end to the whole series.

I have been rewatching the original Macross TV series recently. There are so many different scenes/moments that stand out in my mind.

If you had to choose the most memorable/striking scene from the TV series, what would it be for you?

I had a difficult time narrowing the choice down to one, but the most memorable scene for me would be the ending of the very last episode. The shot of the damaged SDF-1 in the background, with Hikaru's VF-1S in Gerwalk mode in front becoming a picture in photo album was such a great epic end to the whole series.

Same here. That ending scene is just so dramatic. Especially with "Yasashisa Sayonara" playing in the background.

I was up to Global's Report while I was rewatching Macross before things came up so I had to stop. But, I always thought it was cool how after Hikaru, Misa, Max, and Kakazaki were in the Zentraeldi ship, and there's an announcment or something that they are attempting to escape, and you just see Britai haul ass down the hall. I really hate the guy, but come on, that was pretty cool watching him bolt down the hall then just jump over the railing and kick some ass :)

I was always touched/moved by the scene where Bodolza's fleet puts earth to the sword ("Love floats away"). I thought it was a big step in animation to show young children along with adults getting killed.... it really hit home the horror of global genocide to me.

I'm stuck between three scenes.

1. The scene in episode one when the trainer crash landed on the building and transforms into a robot.

2. The scene in episode two when Hikaru flies dows to grab Mimay when she was falling and catches her inside the cockpit.

3. The scene in episode ??? when the Macross first uses the Daedelous(?) attack.

I guess these scenes are the most memorable to me because they were the ones that made me go "wow, that was awesome, this is a cool show" and made me want to continue watching Macross (or Robotech at the time).

The scene when Bodolzaa's mothership first appears out of fold space in orbit of earth. The music, sound effects and pictures of the fleet is startling. I've never forgotten that picture in my head after all these years. I can see how that one shot influenced so many people in science fiction since. Great scene.

The scene in the first few episodes where Minmay is trying to illustrate her idea of a Compass to Hikaru, which involves her tenting her fingers, and rocking them back and forth, all the while with this vapid expression on her face...

It was at that point that I realized that Minmay was evil, and needed to be destroyed.

The scene in "Goodbye Girl" when Hikaru rescues Max and Misa as max is guarding Misa's shuttle. After Hikaru destroys everything he allone is left to guard the shuttle, he has a conversation with Misa, then blips his landing lights to end the conversation and say something extra special...

When Hikaru saves Misa from Mars, but she wants to go back as the base explodes.

When Roy slops over from his wounds (that he didn't get checked) and the guitar makes a noise.

Hikaru's response to Roy's death as he drops the model airplane.

When Hikaru hangs up on Minmay after she says her life is so tough while Hikaru has lost two of his best friends within a short period of time.

Hikaru, Max, and Miria attacking in the first final battle.

The final shot of the last episode. Makes me cry.

Randy

Hikaru's reaction after seeing Minmay and Kaifun together on the beat up stage when he turns around and starts shooting up the Zentraedi.

Roy dead on the floor and then Claudia over him crying at the hopsital.

When Hikaru and Misa run to hug each other when he rescues her from Alaska base.

The last scenes of the last episode. I only cried because I knew the series was over. :(

As for memorable because it was freaking funny.... The knife fight between Max and Milia. ALl thanks to Anime Fiend.

1. The "photo album" ending. . .

2. Hikaru and Misa running into each other's arms in the bowels of Alaska Base.

3. The image of the dead Zentraedi pilot, clutching a Minmei doll in his skeletal hand, forever waiting for "culture" in the shadow of his downed fighter pod. . .

1. Max's fight with his future wife.

2. The first attack the SDF-1 uses on the Zentraedi ship with the Dadelus and the destroids coming out shooting.

3. Hikaru with his plane with the booster armor switching into gerwalk mode in outer space. Great detail.

Last episode, when Global orders the Macross to launch one last time.

Damn, even with the cheesy opening theme and bad animation it still fills my eyes with tears.

I like to think of it as a metaphor for mankind, ready to fight to the last stand until death or victory, to protect their loved ones.

Just like the rest of the series.

I think that the whole concept of characters dieing was a new thing in animation. Before that no one died, GI Joe could fire a thousand shot and no one was ever killed.

So the two mot memerable would be Roy and Kakizaki's death and the dead Zentraedi with the doll in hand.

Edited by Hurricane29

There are so many...

But the one that, for some reason has stuck with me 'lo these many years, is in 'Miss Macross' where Hikaru intercepts a Zentraedi recon ship with his VF-1J. He storms into the ship commando-style by peeling open the nose and climbing inside, just to see the escape capsule launching. Seconds later, the Zentraedi ship self-destructs with Hikaru still inside.

It was a new thing for me as a kid, to see the protagonist of a series undergo any kind of physical harm...

For me, the most memorable was one of the last episodes where the ending scene was the corpse of a Zentraedi pilot holding a minmay doll as the music was lowly playing.

-WORD!!

-Hikaru's VF-1D transformation on episode 1.

-The attack and destruction of earth by baldoza's fleet.

I have been rewatching the original Macross TV series recently.  There are so many different scenes/moments that stand out in my mind.

I had a difficult time narrowing the choice down to one, but the most memorable scene for me would be the ending of the very last episode.  The shot of the damaged SDF-1 in the background, with Hikaru's VF-1S in Gerwalk mode in front becoming a picture in photo album was such a great epic end to the whole series.

ditto

1.) Hikaru's and Misa's first kiss in the last episode. (I know it's not Macross!) but when I was ready the Mckinney books, I started to get teary when I got to this part. I'm a sucker for a love story.

2.) Dead pilot in decapitated CF and Misa's reaction.

3.) Hikaru's VF-1D firing of countless rounds with only one arm in gerwalk mode. When ever I get my second Yamato VF-1D I'm going to recreate this scene in a nice diorama.

4.) Quamzin's ruthlessness as he shoots down one of his own pilots on Mars.

5.) The end of Macross when Quamzin and Lap Lamiz decide to play chicken with the Macross and Quamzin remarks that as soon as the job is done him and Lap Lamiz can get it on. Even Zentradi need lovin!

I can think of many more but these are My favorites!

When Hikaru and Misa run to hug each other when he rescues her from Alaska base.

A ha... :rolleyes:

We're talking away

I don't know what

I'm to say I'll say it anyway

Today's another day to find you

Shying away

I'll be coming for your love, OK?

Take on me, take me on

I'll be gone

In a day or two

So needless to say

I'm odds and ends

But that's me stumbling away

Slowly learning that life is OK.

Say after me

It's no better to be safe than sorry

Take on me, take me on

I'll be gone

In a day or two

Oh the things that you say

Is it life or

Just a play my worries away

You're all the things I've got to

remember

You're shying away

I'll be coming for you anyway

Take on me, take me on

I'll be gone

In a day or two

I have a tied vote. The entire last episode of 7. Bsaara moving that mountain, the aurora after the Protodevilin leave, everything was just perfect.

As well as the Megaroad-01 launch in FB 2012, truly an incredible scene.

I have a tied vote. The entire last episode of 7. Bsaara moving that mountain, the aurora after the Protodevilin leave, everything was just perfect.

As well as the Megaroad-01 launch in FB 2012, truly an incredible scene.

Whats your favorite from SDF-Macross though?