Valkyrie Girl

post-2615-1135564090_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564132_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564152_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564171_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135564194_thumb.jpg

Just to start off, past couple months I've had some problems trying to access online so my apologies to those who have been trying to get hold of me. My thanks to Graham to getting me back up & running. Now on with the post...

It took me a couple weeks, couple hours a day Frankensteining/modifying two figures to make the VF girl. It stands approximately 5" tall with no moving parts. I tried to make it the same size & configuration as what the macross cm figures are. I haven't finished the back of the legs, I need to modify some black pieces, other than that it's done.

p.s. Merry Christmas

Yes I used a Banpresto figure & a japanese collectible figure - I'm not sure what the name of it is but here's a pic - maybe someone can track the name down or translate the name. As for the Millia figure in the background, it's an old custom from last Christmas. There's an old thread about it on here on how I made it etc. By the way, has anyone ever finished one besides me? I would like to see some pics! Thanks for all the kudos,

Cheers,

Newbiepost-2615-1135578770_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135578788_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135578804_thumb.jpg

I was hoping somebody out there can give me a hand with finding a figure. I'm trying to make a very tiny VF girl...approximately 2.5 inches high to sit up on my 1/48 VF gun pod. I'm trying to replicate the attached picture. I have the 2.5 inch VF but I can't find a small enough figure to cannibalize for parts. The figure needs to have arms & legs extended from the body, and also has to be 2.5 inches high and bare skinned like in a swim suit. Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

post-2615-1135643867_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135643841_thumb.jpg

I was hoping somebody out there can give me a hand with finding a figure. I'm trying to make a very tiny VF girl...approximately 2.5 inches high to sit up on my 1/48 VF gun pod. I'm trying to replicate the attached picture. I have the 2.5 inch VF but I can't find a small enough figure to cannibalize for parts. The figure needs to have arms & legs extended from the body, and also has to be 2.5 inches high and bare skinned like in a swim suit.  Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

post-2615-1135643867_thumb.jpgpost-2615-1135643841_thumb.jpg

355193[/snapback]

are there any gashopan swimsuit girls? usually gashopan toys (not trading toys that come in blind boxes) are small

Excellent work. I have always wondered why no manufacturers have ever made these. After all there are pictures of these "mecha" allover the place. Well gashapon would be an extremely usefull source of these type figures for raw parts. There are lots of girl Gashapon colllections to source from.

Edited by big F

Hey Newbie

Have you seen the Dead Or Alive Extreme Volleyball Figures ?

As Solscud007 said they are gashapon figures.

I'm not possitive but I believe they make them in scale to each other and should be about 3 or 4 inches tall. Here are some pictures of what I've seen.

post-312-1135797167_thumb.jpg

post-312-1135797185_thumb.jpg

post-312-1135797195_thumb.jpg

355610[/snapback]

vermillion I think the last set of figures may be too big. iw ill try to find them and take measurements of height.

did you ever cosider the New Binaltech figure girl drivers? I dont think there is swimsuit girl but they are pretty small.

Edited by Solscud007

Nice work! :D How long did it take to complete this project?

It actually took a lot longer than I thought it would! What I thought would be a quick little project ended up with the wife saying 'isn't the motor burned out on the dremel yet?' <_< It took 2 weeks for a couple hours a day.

I had already taken a look at the volleyball figures for the smaller version and they're about 3.5" high & I haven't had any luck finding a 2.5" high figure so far.

Yeah I agree, if CM or other macross licenced manufacturers ever came out with a version it would be one of their hot sellers, guaranteed.

Once again, thanks for all the kudos.

p.s. If anyone else is producing one or has one on their workbench - please share your pics! :)

Dang, someone beat me to it.  I was going to do one of these too.  Dang my procrastination.

356006[/snapback]

Here I made it easier for you guys. Use yoru Minmei from CMS series 3. Ask Bobe Patt, the first thing we did with minmei was undress her, hehe. I took the top blouse thing off her shoulders and it looks like this

dsc037076jc.jpg

and I used my Max IS banpresto to make armour like newbie did.

dsc054210os.jpg

dsc054220cs.jpg

dsc054236vb.jpg

dsc054246sd.jpg

pretty easy only took an hour of cutting. Not as detailed as Newbie's but it is quickie and looks ok.

Edited by Solscud007