Shoji Kawamori Designs Transformers?

ComicKaze

"2 full page on T.H.S.-02 Hybrid Style G1 Convoy, with the expected height of the figure and length in vehicle mode, also the different featires and accessories expected to come with it. Expected to releasing in Mar, we can take order at US$42.5. The design was by Kawamori S. and now the draft color is out as well. Taking order now."

Color Lineart

Prototype

feb200663lk.jpg

yea it was mentioned a litle bit ago, the figure does look awesome however, it is definetly on my list of things to buy.

chris

I've seen the truck mode. It's easily as bad as the Robot Masters version. The mutant windshield that showed up with 20th Anny Prime has grown to even worse proportions, and the front wheels look to be jammed too far forward in the wheel wells. Plus, there's a gaping hole in the sides of the cab.

EDIT: Followed the link in ComicKaze's post. The truck mode looks even worse than in the last picks I saw. Poor Prime :(

Edited by Greyryder

I don't think the truck looks that bad. It's not like this is some binaltech redesign that's supposed to look amazing in vehicle mode and passable in robot mode... it's supposed to look bad-ass in robot mode, and passable in vehicle mode.

The windshield does gotta go, though.

Is that really a Kawamori design? The lineart is fantastic. I'd love to see his takes on more of the classic G1 characters.

Edited by mikeszekely

This thing would kick some serious arse if they narrowed out Prime's Obliques like in the lineart. It would give him the more trim and athletic look. I wonder if the width there was a necessity...

In terms of scale, would it be the same as the 20th Aniversary Prime?

354598[/snapback]

no in fact it is quite small, it will most likely be diecast metal, it will be probably no taller then a Gundam Fix figure, i am pretty certain Image Anime and Big Bad Toy Store are taking pre-orders

Please next time if any of has new TF news, please put in the TF theard.  Yes I preordered mine, I wish Kawamori would design next Galvatron.

354619[/snapback]

It has been in the TF thread, I put it there. :p

In terms of scale, would it be the same as the 20th Aniversary Prime?

354598[/snapback]

no in fact it is quite small, it will most likely be diecast metal, it will be probably no taller then a Gundam Fix figure, i am pretty certain Image Anime and Big Bad Toy Store are taking pre-orders

354680[/snapback]

It's about half the size of the orignal Prime toy.

Please next time if any of has new TF news, please put in the TF theard.

Frankly, I'm glad it was posted here. The problem with all these damn "Super Threads" is that suddenly everyone expects anything remotely related to the subject to be in there. But 99% of the TF thread is toy-related, and I gave up collecting toys years ago, so just like I never visit the Toys and Models section of the boards, I stopped checking the TF thread. If news of a Kawamori-designed Prime (which I'm more interested in the lineart than the toy) had been confined to the TF thread, I'd have missed it.

Frankly, I'm glad it was posted here.  The problem with all these damn "Super Threads" is that suddenly everyone expects anything remotely related to the subject to be in there.  But 99% of the TF thread is toy-related, and I gave up collecting toys years ago, so just like I never visit the Toys and Models section of the boards, I stopped checking the TF thread.  If news of a Kawamori-designed Prime (which I'm more interested in the lineart than the toy) had been confined to the TF thread, I'd have missed it.

355059[/snapback]

same here. if this thread didn't pop up i'ld have never have know about the new prime. i wonder what else i've missed lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Image Anime and Big Bad Toystore, I believe both are still taking preorders. even though both are in the USA they get there import orders very quickly only like a week or so after Hobby Link Japan. They are both reliable and have fast and inexpenisve shipping.

chris

Hm, anyone know why this isn't the same size as the G1 Prime?

357370[/snapback]

Beacuse the current trend is for small but high quality figures ala HCM Pro's.

Or, where Bandai goes Takara is sure to follow.

357379[/snapback]

I guess, but personally I don't like the figs so damn small far too fragile IMO. And for the price... sheesh I want something larger! <_<