@jvmacrossShipping was $35.

Lol, this morning, they said they were willing to work with me if I had "settled down" and "wanted to get in the right footing" with them again.  I said there's nothing to discuss, it's paid, and I no longer feel comfortable with local pickup, so please ship it as listed.  Still a great deal if condition is good ("never displayed").

I don't like doing friends and family online (even here), because if there's a problem, there's no protection for anyone, and that's the entire point of paypal.  I love the community here, but I don't know you.  And going outside of ebay is also entirely against that same point.  Local pickup isn't going outside of ebay and is totally within their provisions. 

This person acted like I was asking for something dangerous, ironically only after I refused to pay them outside of ebay.:unknw:  I can only assume that they were unhappy with the price as we were having a happy conversation up until that point.  And it's not like I immediately got accusatory about it either.  I simply asked that we go through ebay so that they know I paid, and if that wasn't possible or something, we could just ship it and do it the normal way.  That's when they threatened to cancel.  It seemed to me they were looking for the slightest reason possible to cancel.  That's the only thing I can figure.

Apparently, they think ebay will overlook them circumventing, threatening cancellation, and direct contact and instead focus on the fact that I wrote "YOU" in all caps a couple of times to defend myself from their unfounded attack on ME.  Literally, that's the worst language I used (which was really late game at that point), and I was completely civil when they accused ME of asking for circumvention and of being a "dangerous person."  :rofl:  Good luck with that.  Ebay has my report, and I have no fear of them seeing what I wrote.  It's pretty cut and dry.  Probably just a big misunderstanding and covid stress though.  Sigh.  They haven't cancelled yet.  At this point, I'm sorta hoping they do just so I don't have to deal with it anymore, film the box opening, take it up with ebay when it's broken or something, etc. etc.

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

@jvmacrossShipping was $35.

Lol, this morning, they said they were willing to work with me if I had "settled down" and "wanted to get in the right footing" with them again.  I said there's nothing to discuss, it's paid, and I no longer feel comfortable with local pickup, so please ship it as listed.  Still a great deal if condition is good ("never displayed").

I don't like doing friends and family online (even here), because if there's a problem, there's no protection for anyone, and that's the entire point of paypal.  I love the community here, but I don't know you.  And going outside of ebay is also entirely against that same point.  Local pickup isn't going outside of ebay and is totally within their provisions. 

This person acted like I was asking for something dangerous, ironically only after I refused to pay them outside of ebay.:unknw:  I can only assume that they were unhappy with the price as we were having a happy conversation up until that point.  And it's not like I immediately got accusatory about it either.  I simply asked that we go through ebay so that they know I paid, and if that wasn't possible or something, we could just ship it and do it the normal way.  That's when they threatened to cancel.  It seemed to me they were looking for the slightest reason possible to cancel.  That's the only thing I can figure.

Apparently, they think ebay will overlook them circumventing, threatening cancellation, and direct contact and instead focus on the fact that I wrote "YOU" in all caps a couple of times to defend myself from their unfounded attack on ME.  Literally, that's the worst language I used (which was really late game at that point), and I was completely civil when they accused ME of asking for circumvention and of being a "dangerous person."  :rofl:  Good luck with that.  Ebay has my report, and I have no fear of them seeing what I wrote.  It's pretty cut and dry.  Probably just a big misunderstanding and covid stress though.  Sigh.  They haven't cancelled yet.  At this point, I'm sorta hoping they do just so I don't have to deal with it anymore, film the box opening, take it up with ebay when it's broken or something, etc. etc.

Cool, hope it works out...it is still a good deal even shipped!

Agreed about the "friends and family" payments for goods and services over the web....always use "goods and services" type of paypal payment when dealing with someone who you do not know...I do not think most sites including eBay will allow you to use any other paypal method type....

With that said, there are situations where F&F is completely fine as I described in my initial reply.....essentially it is OK to use in any situation where you could also be completely fine with using cash.....again.....just use commonsense in any business dealing and you should be fine...

Good Luck!

Edited by jvmacross
3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Cool, hope it works out...it is still a good deal even shipped!

Agreed about the "friends and family" payments for goods and services over the web....always use "goods and services" type of paypal payment when dealing with someone who you do not know...I do not think most sites including eBay will allow you to use any other paypal method type....

With that said, there are situations where F&F is completely fine as I described in my initial reply.....essentially it is OK to use in any situation where you could also be completely fine with using cash.....again.....just use commonsense in any business dealing and you should be fine...

Good Luck!

It did not.  But it did end in pretty stupid fashion on their part.  My last message listed the infractions shown in our exchange and addressed ebay directly (since I assume they will be reading it now that I've reported them).  They responded with more excuses saying they felt threatened (absolutely nothing to warrant that) and in doing so clearly admitted to asking for payment outside of ebay, and refused to send me anything "because why would they send me anything with their return address on it based on my accusations..."

Anyway, stay away from mfairy77.  It was some fun drama tho!  It was hilarious watching them weasel out of a sale only to get caught in their own petard.  I hope ebay brings down the ban hammer, but I kinda doubt it.

Edited by Pontus
6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

It did not.  But it did end in pretty stupid fashion on their part.  My last message listed the infractions shown in our exchange and addressed ebay directly (since I assume they will be reading it now that I've reported them).  They responded with more excuses saying they felt threatened (absolutely nothing to warrant that) and in doing so clearly admitted to asking for payment outside of ebay, and refused to send me anything "because why would they send me anything with their return address on it based on my accusations..."

The best part tho... :lol: One of the accusations I supposedly made was that "she was cancelling because it didn't sell high enough."  Although I was certainly thinking that, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT which means they accidentally let out their true reason for cancelling.  I made a point to highlight that for ebay.  Their words, not mine.

Anyway, stay away from mfairy77.  It was some fun drama tho!  It was hilarious watching them weasel out of a sale only to get caught in their own petard.  I hope ebay brings down the ban hammer, but I kinda doubt it.

Sorry to hear that....I think I found the auction....their rating is at 80%....so not a good sign.....you may have dodged a bullet!